PDA

View Full Version : Red Runners..

Askelon
12th March 2010, 14:28
Man there are some morons on the road! I was riding yesterday out Botany Downs. Had just come out of Supercheap Autos (needed a new screwdriver of all things), waited at the lights behind 3 other cars turning right. Lights go green, start going round the corner and some fucker doing what seems to be like 80+ (in a 60 zone) goes flying straight thru the red. Didnt slow down at all. He missed me by about half a meter at best - all I could think when I saw him was oh shit, this is it.. How he missed the cars around me (2 lanes worth) is just pure luck - looked just like the intersection runners you always see in the movies.. Half a second slower at taking off and I reckon at best I'd be spending the next few months in hospital, at worst I'd be mincemeat for the cat.

I get people wanting to beat the lights and running a yellow. I dont agree with it but I get it. I dont get how any loser could run a red thats clearly been red for 5-10 secs. I swear I didnt see him coming before I started - Im thinking he was behind the traffic and jumped into the one clear lane in the middle (I think theres 3 lanes there). Its just a pity I didnt get his rego (too busy having a mini heart attack)..