PDA

View Full Version : Mladin: Spies as good as Rossi

Matt Bleck
18th March 2010, 10:17
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lLJR7dm0vfw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lLJR7dm0vfw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shaun
18th March 2010, 10:51
Those Maladin threads have been brilliant! I love the way is 100% and 100% only

And Yes, SPIES is a freak

Crasherfromwayback
18th March 2010, 11:23
I reckon Spies will win his first moto gp race at Laguna this year...then never look back.

roogazza
18th March 2010, 12:06
Rossi has just announced he will stay for 3 more years . Here's a shot of that moment. G.

Crasherfromwayback
18th March 2010, 14:45
By then he'll have been beaten by both Stoner (again) then Spies!

woodyracer
18th March 2010, 15:23
yea, spies will kick ass this year

Crasherfromwayback
18th March 2010, 15:30
yea, spies will kick ass this year

I think he'll go well...but his ass kicking won't start in earnest until next year

Shaun
18th March 2010, 15:37
I think he'll go well...but his ass kicking won't start in earnest until next year

Agreed mate. He is the next Rossi

woodyracer
18th March 2010, 15:39
Agreed mate. He is the next Rossi

sort of, but wasnt rossi like world champion as bens age??, rossi has been aorund a long long time, spies is very good, but rossi is rossi...no-one is like him......they dont come to often

Crasherfromwayback
18th March 2010, 15:42
sort of, but wasnt rossi like world champion as bens age??, rossi has been aorund a long long time, spies is very good, but rossi is rossi...no-one is like him......they dont come to often

Rossi started well earlier than Spies...and had an old man that'd been there and done that to a much lesser degree. Spies hasn't had such a head start. But he's making up for it.

thecougar 0
18th March 2010, 15:42
Surely Spies is Yamaha's back-up plan if Rossi jumps over to Ducati?
How great 2011 would be, Ducati Rossi vs Stoner and Yamaha Lorenzo vs Spies.

Crasherfromwayback
18th March 2010, 15:54
Would be great! Maybe Stoner off to Honda though just for good measure!!

Geemsee
18th March 2010, 16:17
Surely Spies is Yamaha's back-up plan if Rossi jumps over to Ducati?
How great 2011 would be, Ducati Rossi vs Stoner and Yamaha Lorenzo vs Spies.

Rossi off to Ducati! Now that would be worth seeing....but then I am biased !

It'll be interesting to see how Spies goes this year but I don't think he'll be up for the title!

gixerracer
18th March 2010, 16:56
Haha hea is tells it how he sees it for sure the yanks hate him for it some times but they are a bit od. Miladin was allways Orsum
Those Maladin threads have been brilliant! I love the way is 100% and 100% only

And Yes, SPIES is a freak

gixerracer
18th March 2010, 16:58
At bens age???? But ben is world champ right now????

woodyracer
18th March 2010, 17:32
At bens age???? But ben is world champ right now????

i mean motogp champ not wsbk,im not sure about ages ect,

montsta56
18th March 2010, 17:59
I Dont think Spies can ever be compared to Rossi cause he'll never get to Race/Win on a 500.:Punk:

roogazza
18th March 2010, 19:04
By then he'll have been beaten by both Stoner (again) then Spies!
Peter,peter,peter,....... I thought the last two years would have softened your approach, you're making Steve a rich man ! Gaz.
ps so who was the Italian who was chasing Stoner's wife ? Stoner just might need stress leave again.

SWERVE
18th March 2010, 20:10
My 2 cents worth/................ spies will win a moto gp (laguna is a good bet..................mine is Silverstone)
But he will struggle at some circuits........... poss 4th in champs at end of year.
Lorenzo and Stoner will harrass Rossi all season and it wil be close........... but the MASTER will "pull it out of the hat" when it counts
ROSSI 2010 WORLD CHAMP........................ AGAIN

325rocket
18th March 2010, 20:36
righto ill jump in here too...

i agree Lorenzo and Stoner will harrass Rossi all season but o think Lorenzo will take it out.

Crasherfromwayback
19th March 2010, 07:46
How's this then???

http://www.motogp.com/en/TestResults/MotoGP+Losail+Test+2010

Shaun
19th March 2010, 08:14
How's this then???

Prooves Spies is nealy as good as you were in ya day

Crasherfromwayback
19th March 2010, 08:33
Prooves Spies is nealy as good as you were in ya day

Pah...not even! Tell ya what though...I reckon it's gonna be a fantastic season!

Shaun
19th March 2010, 08:41
Pah...not even! Tell ya what though...I reckon it's gonna be a fantastic season!

Sure is man, Spies is gunna rock. just hope his big one a coming is not to big

slowpoke
19th March 2010, 09:19
How's this then???

Suzuki have turned a new leaf:....normally they do really well in testing before fronting up to the first GP and going backwards. Looks like they are going backwards a lot earlier this season. Nice to know they are trying something different, lol.

george formby
19th March 2010, 09:19
Pah...not even! Tell ya what though...I reckon it's gonna be a fantastic season!:yes::yes:
I have had to cancel Sky too, :angry::no: I need to find a friend.....:yes:

Crasherfromwayback
19th March 2010, 09:23
Suzuki have turned a new leaf:....normally they do really well in testing before fronting up to the first GP and going backwards. Looks like they are going backwards a lot earlier this season. Nice to know they are trying something different, lol.

And they'll be loving seeing Spies go so well too mate! Nice one Suzuki!!!!

Shaun
19th March 2010, 09:27
And they'll be loving seeing Spies go so well too mate! Nice one Suzuki!!!!

I believe Spies was advised to walk away from a contract with Suzuki for MotoGP

Crasherfromwayback
19th March 2010, 09:29
I believe Spies was advised to walk away from a contract with Suzuki for MotoGP

Well I'm sure he'll be glad he did too!

Shaun
19th March 2010, 09:34
Well I'm sure he'll be glad he did too!

WSB, USA Superbike, UK Superbike bla bla Suzuki is there, just not in MotoGP

Guess that has a bit to do with Budgets I guess, as Suzuki is the smallest of all the 4 japa brands, but they are there and kawai has gone

Crasherfromwayback
19th March 2010, 09:35
WSB, USA Superbike, UK Superbike bla bla Suzuki is there, just not in MotoGP

Guess that has a bit to do with Budgets I guess, as Suzuki is the smallest of all the 4 japa brands, but they are there and kawai has gone

Aye...but it's a shame after the early glory years to see Suzuki basically making up the numbers.

Shaun
19th March 2010, 09:41
Aye...but it's a shame after the early glory years to see Suzuki basically making up the numbers.

Agreed, I have always respected Suzuki's Fight attitude

Cleve
19th March 2010, 17:46
Of course Mladin would say Spies was awesome. Because Spies beat him and Mladin thinks he (Mladin) is hot shit. So in his mind, Spies MUST be better than Rossi - otherwise Spies couldn't have beaten Mladin.

Cleve
19th March 2010, 17:57
I predict Ben will win the Moto GP at Aragon. (September 19th - new track replacing Hungary). I believe no one has been there - so should suit Ben.

Crasherfromwayback
19th March 2010, 18:02
Of course Mladin would say Spies was awesome. Because Spies beat him and Mladin thinks he (Mladin) is hot shit. So in his mind, Spies MUST be better than Rossi - otherwise Spies couldn't have beaten Mladin.

Mladin is the worlds most under rated racer man. He's beaten Spies more often that Spies has beaten him, and I'm sure could've won as many world Superbike titles as he'd wanted. Dunno if you have...but I've seen Spies race...and he rides a bike as hard as Stoner does.

Crasherfromwayback
19th March 2010, 18:03
I predict Ben will win the Moto GP at Aragon. (September 19th - new track replacing Hungary). I believe no one has been there - so should suit Ben.

He'll win Laguna going away.

slowpoke
19th March 2010, 20:18

Yeah, as Pete said Mladin won more races than Spies in the years Spies won the AMA Superbike championship, and on exactly equal machinery, so Mladin doesn't have to cover his arse. As good as Spies is, Mladin was just as good....he just made a lot fewer friends.

Crasherfromwayback
19th March 2010, 20:42
Yeah, as Pete said Mladin won more races than Spies in the years Spies won the AMA Superbike championship, and on exactly equal machinery, so Mladin doesn't have to cover his arse. As good as Spies is, Mladin was just as good....he just made a lot fewer friends.

It's interesting (well I think at least!), some people say (think) that to be a top level racer you (they) have to be a fat headed arsehole. I've met lots. Some are...some aren't. So as much as I admire racers like Mladin and Gobert , I have more respect for the guys that stay human.

You can have the 'death stare' and still be a cool cunt. Isn't that right Eddie Lawson!!??

Shaun
20th March 2010, 07:46
Eddie Lawson is my all time Hero!

Always honest and always worked very hard

Crasherfromwayback
20th March 2010, 10:15
Day two results...

cmoore
20th March 2010, 15:53
Ben will struggle as all riders who come from WSB seem to do.mostly it seems due to the different weight and set up of the MotoGP bikes..but he is on a fast bike so he may win a race....Rossi seems to get better the bigger the challenge...and the challenge has never been bigger then this year....Rossi is no doubt the best rider we have seen...and these young guys need to beat him to be better.......I couldn't think of a better scenario....and I believe if they stay unbroken we are in for one of the best MotoGP years ever...as a huge Yamaha fan I hope Rossi/Lorenzo/spies do the business....but with all the technical changes this year...who knows....my feeling is no pattern will emerge until round 4 or 5...

so...Rossi over Spies....and Lorenzo (the stuck up spanish turd.....third)....and then crasher stoner fourth.....

Crasherfromwayback
20th March 2010, 16:30
....but with all the technical changes this year...who knows....my feeling is no pattern will emerge until round 4 or 5...

so...Rossi over Spies....and Lorenzo (the stuck up spanish turd.....third)....and then crasher stoner fourth.....

Not that many technical changes this year...next year sure.

Stoner

Rossi

Lorenzo

Spies

Metastable
20th March 2010, 16:55
Ya Rossi is the man, but I think he is really looking forward to have Spies to dice with. The thing about Spies is that not only does he go HARD, but he is so methodical about building up speed in increments. The kid is bad ass.

codgyoleracer
20th March 2010, 21:35
I (like you crasher) - am old enough to remember Mladins stellar rise through the aussie system - then straight onto a Cagiva 500GP machine. Un - fookin- bee - leevable .

Matt Bleck
21st March 2010, 07:35
Good to see I sparked something with this thread!! :jerry:

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/157871/1/stoner_topples_rossi_as_2010_testing_ends.html

gixerracer
21st March 2010, 09:14
Was it legal
Good to see I sparked something with this thread!! :jerry:

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/157871/1/stoner_topples_rossi_as_2010_testing_ends.html

quickbuck
21st March 2010, 22:07
I Dont think Spies can ever be compared to Rossi cause he'll never get to Race/Win on a 500.:Punk:

Umm,
That is a bit like saying nobody can ever be compared to Surtees, as they haven't won a World Championship on a 350 and F1 car....

The fact we will see them on equivalent machinery will help sort out if Ben is as good as Valentino....
I think Mr Rossi has a lot of competition this year, and that is great.
Great for the sport, and great for Rossi himself.

At the end of the year, the world champion will well deserve it!