PDA

View Full Version : Chips and Scratches

MadDuck
11th November 2003, 19:51
Have had a nose thorugh the forums and dont think I am repeating anyone.

Came out from work yesterday to find some "wanker" had scratched the bike and theres a small chip as well (which to me seems blardy huge) OK so I am anal about keeping it looking new :o

Can anyone recommend something to just clean up and hide the said chip and scratches as it sure dont need a full paint job...meanwhile I hunt out the tosser who has not owned up to it yet :angry2:

wkid_one
11th November 2003, 20:23
Shit happens - like stone chips - who cares about chips - meh....scratches tho - they suck

MadDuck
11th November 2003, 20:40
oh well thanks for the constructive advise...must remember to shove bike through gravel to make sure it looks real skanky and lived in then

Hate to have wasted time on this silly question ...but then you wasted time answering it :)

wkid_one
11th November 2003, 20:43
LOL - just saying chips are part of like.  Try the Touch Up Paint Stick thing advertised on telly- works a treat on the TV - so must be good....

Also try saying how deep the scratches are, where they are, how bad the chip is, where it is....and we can be more constructive

Redstar
11th November 2003, 21:01
:D
suggestion for covering up scrathes, well apart from a new paint job$$$ you can buy some pin stripes the same colour and cut bits to cover the nicks and apply.

matthewt
11th November 2003, 21:16
The simplest way to avoid scratch and chips .... don't ride your bike. I'm with Wkid on this one, shit happens.

I had the MV parked on the footpath outside a cafe while I was shopping a couple of weeks ago. Some twat hops on it and while he's getting off he manages to drop the MV on it's side. Scratched mirror, side fairing, tailpiece, barend and snapped clutch lever. Yer I was steaming mad for a couple of hours but I got over it (he's just lucky I never saw him do it!!).

Jackrat
11th November 2003, 21:16
I got a small container of paint from an auto parts shop for chips on my frame,came with a little brush too,they had allsorts of touch up colors,Only trouble is it looks better than the old paint. :o :D

matthewt
11th November 2003, 21:26
I seem to recall someone telling me womans nail polish (or was it lipstick?) was good if you could get a colour match.

Kwaka-Kid
12th November 2003, 00:25
depending on the colour... but just get touch up paint or somthing and paint it in if its nice and small, unfortunatly to ur eyes it will always stand out.. this sucks..

however stone chips, i love them, gives the bike character!! after our coromandel ride i think i gained around 5 odd stone chips to the front of my perfect little VFR400 :( but its white paint where they hit and its chipped down to white undercoat so it hardly stands out to others and just made me even happier that my bike now shows that its a well used bike and not just a poser :p

Racey Rider
12th November 2003, 08:05
Originally posted by Kwaka-Kid
however stone chips, i love them, gives the bike character!! ... my bike now shows that its a well used bike and not just a poser :p

(Racey races out to bike with a hammer to add a few more chips!!) :rolleyes: