PDA

View Full Version : CBR600F4i

Jonty
15th May 2005, 11:44
I am thinking about upgrading in the next two or three months and after trawling through countless mags, websites and reviews I am really interested in the CBR600F4i. From what I have read these are a great "do it all bike". I am looking for something that my girlfriend and I can tour on yet has enough to allow me to keep up with other 600 riders. The trouble is this bike and indeed the earlier models seem to be a little few and far between. Does anyone know who sells these new (if any) and if anyone has any good or bad experiences with them? :ride:

Also how much of a different is there between this bike and the R6, ZX6R GSXR600 etc? would I be wasting my time in not getting one of these instead?

James Deuce
15th May 2005, 12:04
I am thinking about upgrading in the next two or three months and after trawling through countless mags, websites and reviews I am really interested in the CBR600F4i. From what I have read these are a great "do it all bike". I am looking for something that my girlfriend and I can tour on yet has enough to allow me to keep up with other 600 riders. The trouble is this bike and indeed the earlier models seem to be a little few and far between. Does anyone know who sells these new and if anyone has any good or bad expierinces with them? :ride:

Also how much of a different is there between this bike and the R6, ZX6R GSXR600 etc? would I be wasting my time in not getting one of these instead?

I don't know if you can still get them new!

Give the local Honda dealer a yell and see if they can get them.

They are fantastic bikes, and I can't see you being unhappy with it.

HDTboy
15th May 2005, 15:17
PM micgoo, He's got an '01.

NinjaBoy
15th May 2005, 16:28
The trouble is this bike and indeed the earlier models seem to be a little few and far between. Does anyone know who sells these new (if any) and if anyone has any good or bad experiences with them? :ride:

If you check this out: http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/2003/146_03_honda_600_time/

it would suggest the F4i has been superceded by the RR. They are good bikes hence why there are very few available and when they do become availabley they get snapped up fast. This is my own experienced when trying to source my FX (UK designation) or F4 (USA designation).

I test rode a F4i and a F4 at a dealer and would say the main difference was the power difference (injected engined vs Carbs) and the ride position. The F4i ride position is more in the bike vs on top of the bike. I've had the F4 for about 4 months now (commuting everyday and weekend blats). Its a good all purpose bike for both scenarios. May not have the same all out top end acceleration of the ZX6R I had but adequate pull. Had my wife on it two up. Comfortable seats and handling doesn't suffer.

Lou Girardin
15th May 2005, 17:18
Can't buy F4's new. Honda, in their wisdom, don't import them.

Will
15th May 2005, 17:41
Own an FX. What else can I say except that I am not planning on changing this in the near future. Only lots k's will make me part with my bike. Had a pillion today. There wasn't a problem. But usually it is just me. Tend to do lots of long trips. Just an FX.

Zed
15th May 2005, 22:13
...I am really interested in the CBR600F4i...Does anyone know who sells these new (if any) and if anyone has any good or bad experiences with them? :ride: I owned a year 2000 F4 model (carbed, not injected) last year and it was a fine motorcycle in every way.

As Lou said, the F4i isn't imported into NZ as new.

Also how much of a different is there between this bike and the R6, ZX6R GSXR600 etc? would I be wasting my time in not getting one of these instead?No the F4i isn't dramatically different than these other 600's. Because the F4 isn't available you would do well to choose any of those other bikes you listed - all great machines! :Punk:

Zed
15th May 2005, 22:17
Own an FX. What else can I say except that I am not planning on changing this in the near future. Only lots k's will make me part with my bike. Had a pillion today. There wasn't a problem. But usually it is just me. Tend to do lots of long trips. Just an FX.Twas nice meeting you and your son yesterday Will. Pity I didn't get a chance to see your FX, with you driving the cage and all. :msn-wink: You were doing a great job handing out those "Watch Out for Motorcycles" stickers!

Jonty
16th May 2005, 08:39
Thanks all. The reason I asked if there was anyone selling them new, is that a recent mag I bought had a write up on the 2005 CBR600F4i (after a testing session of the new 6 hundies) and on searching the web couldn't find out much about it in NZ. I guess the reason lies with Honda, although it is a shame.

awd
16th May 2005, 09:08
I've got an 03 F4i, also known as an FS in UK form. Test rode the R6, GSXR600 and have ridden a ZX6R. All very good bikes, but I got the Honda in the end, it was just the best one around for me. It's a step between the FX and the RR. The main aesthetic differences from the FX are the black frame and gold forks and separate rider and pillion seats. Other differences are the the valve gear and some bits in the engine so it revs higher and the fully adjustable suspension for damping, rebound & preload both front and rear. The RR is a totally different beast in reality.

All round an awesome bike that I wouldn't change for anything really; I even think it looks good!

Jonty
16th May 2005, 10:06
Thanks AWD, here is the link to the 2005 model in Aussie - any info on the possiblity of them being imported would be greatly appreciated :ride:

http://www.hondamotorcycles.com.au/motorcycle+range/road/sports/cbr600f5i++05.htm

Jonty
16th May 2005, 11:54
Well I've had the response from Honda - no 2005 models will be coming here :no: Oh well suppose I will have to look for a good second hand

v.ros`
23rd May 2005, 15:06
Hey mate

how much u willing to spend for an f4i?

Marknz
23rd May 2005, 17:32
Can't buy F4's new. Honda, in their wisdom, don't import them.

Weird isn't it, 'cause the Aussies still sell plenty of them new.

aff-man
23rd May 2005, 18:04
Well my 98 f3 is awsome. Pity it doesn't have a pillion seat. Good at wheelies and you have to work a bit harder but can keep up with the more sport orientated bikes :niceone:

Jonty
24th May 2005, 08:35
Hey mate

how much u willing to spend for an f4i?

I want one with the seat similar to the FX and only the 2005 F4i appears to have it. Haven't decided to go the whole hog and buy a new one, but if it was a CBR between 98-2000 I would be prepared to pay 8-9K for good K's.

John
24th May 2005, 08:51
From what I've seen that will open alot of doors for you, alot of bikes in that price range including CIBBIES.. Good luck - I cant provide much help sadly since I'm not a honda man, all I know is there is a damn sex (04?) CIBBY 600 in one of the local shops for 9k I think, I wet myself when I saw it :(

Kendog
24th May 2005, 20:20
I want one with the seat similar to the FX and only the 2005 F4i appears to have it. Haven't decided to go the whole hog and buy a new one, but if it was a CBR between 98-2000 I would be prepared to pay 8-9K for good K's.
Nice choice of bike, love mine and have not had any major problems with it.

That 2005 looks damn sweet, wish I had some money!

Will
29th May 2005, 20:43
Twas nice meeting you and your son yesterday Will. Pity I didn't get a chance to see your FX, with you driving the cage and all. :msn-wink: You were doing a great job handing out those "Watch Out for Motorcycles" stickers!

Been busy but I have finally read this thread.

It was great to put some names to faces and to meet you Zed. :niceone:

Bit of a charmer are you? :whistle: That was my grandson that I was babysitting for the day. He wore me out that day. I get less tired riding the bike.
My FX is red and purple, just like one that was there on the day. Except mine is lower so I can reach the ground. :ride:

And thanks EVERYONE for handing out those stickers. :2thumbsup