PDA

View Full Version : Howdy! (ESXB0Y)

ESXB0Y
22nd March 2010, 17:49
I didn't think I'd post until I'd done some lurking around the site, but seeing as I've been doing that for a while now and went on an Auckland Thursday Night Ride last week, I thought it high time I introduce myself!

I'm a Pom that's escaped over here to avoid the rozze... I mean discover pastures new. As I settled in to NZ, my love of bikes was rekindled after being a dirty cage-driver 'enthusiast' for far too long. I still plan on indulging that habit, but love of corners and cost-to-bigcheesygrin ratio of bikes has brought me back into the fold.

At present I cock my leg over a Hyosung GT250R (don't laugh too much! Its cheap to stick bits back on) and enjoy it as a commuter and hoon around on the backroads. There's a shortlist that is very long for the next piece of machinery, and the top spot seems to change weekly, but the currently contender is the Triumph 675 Daytona. Unless of course, the Ducati 749 continues to try and seduce me with her Italian charms, even though there's an extra couple of cc tucked in there - which can't be good for keeping my 'contributions' to the boys in blue down!

The other part of my life is my two boys. Both are very enthusiastic when the toolbox comes out, but strangely disappear when stuff needs to be put back together...

crazyhorse
22nd March 2010, 18:11
Welcome to KB. Good to hear you are out riding and enjoying the things that riding can give you :yes:

tate35
22nd March 2010, 18:19
Welcome to NZ and KB, good to hear you are out doing it and enjoying it. :)

ESXB0Y
22nd March 2010, 20:04
Thank you for the welcome, Ladies. Definitely enjoying it, although still lots to learn (but that's half the fun!)

Bikemad
22nd March 2010, 21:12
greetings and welcome to KB Essexboy??.........

ESXB0Y
23rd March 2010, 05:07
Tis indeed, Bikemad. I got used to shortening it after I got the plate for the car. That's an impressive collection of bikes you got there, too!