PDA

View Full Version : CC Rider goes global (No not fat. Moves. Sheesh!)

cc rider
24th March 2010, 21:51
Well kiddies, just when you thought there were more then enough bloody aussies taking your jobs, eating your chocolate fish (fricken weird) & sticking there fingers in your fav pies... :nya:

I, cc rider is moving to eN Zed. The Norf (dids I spel id rite?) Island to be exact. So excited :wari:

Had a hell of a last 10mths, almost none of it good & now time to start a new life for myself in a place where I have friends (insert your name where applicable) & have always wanted to live, no not back to Canada (but yes).

I arrive on 12 April (please note in your diaries) & am staying at cave weta's joint :gob: in Waihi. :woohoo: Can't wait. The man has been silly enough, I mean kind enough to take a chance of letting me loose in his neck of the woods.
I figure if I get into tooo much mischief (like I could :blip: ) everyone will just blame him. :whistle: :innocent:
:wavey: Stu... lubs ya

I'm first coming over for a few mths to look for work & somewhere permanent (or long term) to live. If all goes well (god I hope it does), I'll pop back to Melbourne, send my belongings & bikes over, then see my family in Brissie (not seen them in several yrs), have a few drinks (few = many) with kevfromcoro and head to my new home.
Did I say I was excited! Cause I really really is... oops, just wee'd a lil... hehe sooo don't care

I can't wait to meet the friends :grouphug: I've made on here. Hopefully make some more once they see what a sweet, quiet, demure wee lass I am... :confused: OK OK you can all stop laughing now :rofl: No! Really! Stop laughing! :killingme :cry:

I've been to NZ 3 times, once for my 15th b'day (hmm well was during family hols) & I went to New Plymouth last Nov & ChCh in Jan, so got to meet a few folk. They may choose to remain "unknown" on that one :shifty:
Just a bugger I seem to have missed most of the race season... always next year, Yay!

I'd like to travel around as much of both Islands as I can while there. I'll probably be hitching lifts as I'm not street legal. Do some job hunting, visit friends, see the beautiful country you have & do a few muddly-bik things. Any suggestions on places to go & things to do, muchly appreciated.

The occasional spare bed or couch would be greatfully accepted, can repay in pet detailing, shouting (at) the bike & walking off with a few drinks :blink:
If I bring my own toothbrush can I use the inside toilet? :2thumbsup
Soo now you know... what ya reckon??
Any help, advice, banana cake recipes & general bullshit welcome ( care factor on bullshit may vary in size & colour)

Work - will post a thread in R&R about that stuff

cheers everyone
cc

I is so excited I could pee my pants... again :o

EJK
24th March 2010, 21:54
Whe he hey~!

Sach
24th March 2010, 21:56
I am looking forward to meet you :)

Bikemad
24th March 2010, 21:59
howdy CC..........what line of work ya in

blackdog
24th March 2010, 22:05
cool 2 b u! make sure u look us up then, weather might stil b good enuf to chuck a cuppla xtra shreemp on the barbie :lol:

R6_kid
24th March 2010, 22:07
Hurry up and make it happen! I want to help tinker on the little trump cho... custom bike.

Smifffy
24th March 2010, 22:09
Ingredients:
3 large or 4 smaller ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup of white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 teaspoon of baking soda
A pinch of table salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Method:
Preheat the oven to 175°C or 350°F.
Mix the mashed bananas with the melted butter in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
Add in the beaten egg, sugar and the vanilla and mix in.
Add in the flour, baking soda and salt last.
Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and bake for one hour.

Cool on a baking rack and then enjoy this delicious banana cake recipe!

cc rider
24th March 2010, 22:18
I am looking forward to meet you :)same here Sach, will pack those Tim Tams, you put the coffee on. :sunny:

howdy CC..........what line of work ya inI work in a bike shop. Handed my resignation in today... bit sad. Love my job. :(
But worked for Dept of Education for 17yrs & owned 2 business', so have a good cross section of skills & am desparate so that should help :yes:

cool 2 b u! make sure u look us up then, weather might stil b good enuf to chuck a cuppla xtra shreemp on the barbie :lol:Thanks stig. That would be cool. I'll shout the icy cream. Haha...never seen anyone actually do that. I'll definitely be up for catch up.

cc rider
24th March 2010, 22:29
Thanks heaps EJ... you're on the sth end right? :yes:

Hurry up and make it happen! I want to help tinker on the little trump cho... custom bike.19 days to go, kid. How cheeky is you... it's a vintage. Chop/custom indeed. You may have to help unpack it first. Am boxing it as parts to move.

Ingredients:.......

Cool on a baking rack and then enjoy this delicious banana cake recipe!Yum... would you like a piece Smiffy?

howdamnhard
24th March 2010, 22:38
Hi cc rider , look forward to catching up with you. Hope it all works out for you.

cc rider
24th March 2010, 22:47
thanks hdh

sinfull
24th March 2010, 22:50
Ingredients:
3 large or 4 smaller ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup of white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 teaspoon of baking soda
A pinch of table salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Method:
Preheat the oven to 175°C or 350°F.
Mix the mashed bananas with the melted butter in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
Add in the beaten egg, sugar and the vanilla and mix in.
Add in the flour, baking soda and salt last.
Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and bake for one hour.

Cool on a baking rack and then enjoy this delicious banana cake recipe! Hahahaha ya forgot to add to the butter ! She's from melbourne !!!!

Yum... would you like a piece Smiffy? ?

cc rider
24th March 2010, 23:00
Hahahaha ya forgot to add to the butter ! She's from melbourne !!!!

?I'll butter you :spanking:

Am from Brissie..... but yeah, needs butter on it please :yes:

sinfull
24th March 2010, 23:03
I'll butter you :spanking:

Am from Brissie..... but yeah, needs butter on it please :yes:On what ? the High five i give the Weta ?

cc rider
24th March 2010, 23:08
Hahahaha ya forgot to add to the butter ! She's from melbourne !!!!

? Of cake :oI'll butter you :spanking:

Am from Brissie..... but yeah, needs butter on it please :yes:

On what ? the High five i give the Weta ?Oh please, like he won't have his hands full finding stuff to keep me outta his hair... no pun intended stu :shutup:

sinfull
24th March 2010, 23:20
I'll butter you :spanking:

no pun intended stu :shutup:Bit o butter wont be missed in this lot again !

Still give that man his due's, gettin a canuk chicky, who made an error in her ways, by gettin off (pun) at the wrong station, swing by these ways, one who can change tyres barefoot should be given a tyre machine (or shoes) i say !

cc rider
24th March 2010, 23:33
:rofl: Hard to resist a man how likes to play in the mud

Not going to show you what I wear to change the oil :blip:

sinfull
24th March 2010, 23:34
, can repay in pet detailing,]

Whe he hey~! Wot he said but with a
..................pant !

cc rider
24th March 2010, 23:41
Is you bored tonight mister sinfull?

thanks for bling & link

sinfull
24th March 2010, 23:53
Is you bored tonight mister sinfull?

thanks for bling & link
Only a little :innocent: Nah not me but am a wise old fool (oximoronist) At the rist of losing a buttery five here's another !
http://www.couchsurfing.org/wiki/New_Zealand

Forget the thumb shit, Your a KBer and all you need is a helmet !

cc rider
25th March 2010, 00:09
At the rist of losing a buttery five here's another !
http://www.couchsurfing.org/wiki/New_Zealandhaha You're safe around me hun ;)
Yeah, Stu knows them I think. Thanks. I was hoping to be fortunate enough to stay with kindly KBers at least sometimes.

Forget the thumb shit, Your a KBer and all you need is a helmet !For sure. I meant thumb with KBers. Am bringing all the escentials - road gear & dirt gear... & my laptop :ride:

sinfull
25th March 2010, 00:19
haha You're safe around me hun ;)
Yeah, Stu knows them I think. Thanks. I was hoping to be fortunate enough to stay with kindly KBers at least sometimes.

For sure. I meant thumb with KBers. Am bringing all the escentials - road gear & dirt gear... & my laptop :ride: glad to see ya not going off half cocked like i was thinkin then !
Think you gonna be all good ! Shame about the winter though, them muddy bits gonna get damn muddy lol

kevfromcoro
25th March 2010, 00:25
you heading back cc..
look us up when you are in brisy...........

cc rider
25th March 2010, 00:32
Nah, am to old for bothering about half anythings. Stu & I have a few things in mind, so should be a lot of fun.

I think I will too. Is a big change to become single after 21yrs & then move countries. But I'm looking forward to the winter after the fires & heat we've had here. I don't do well in the 35deg plus days :sweatdrop

Mud is better when you have someone to push in it..... OH weta come out to play-hay :devil2:

sinfull
25th March 2010, 00:37
Adds soundtrack !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX_zhVnKCXE

cc rider
25th March 2010, 00:39
you heading back cc..
look us up when you are in brisy...........Shall do kev. I'll amend my OP.
I'm not sure if it will be on the way from NZ or the final flight over, but I'll keep you informed. We've waited a long time for drinks together, aye hun. :laugh:

Mom
25th March 2010, 06:56
haha You're safe around me hun ;)

For sure. I meant thumb with KBers. Am bringing all the escentials - road gear & dirt gear... & my laptop :ride:

Be sure to look us up. We wil make sure you get to meet the lovely Laava :blip:

MSTRS
25th March 2010, 11:14
Ingredients:
...complicated shit...

Oi! You forgot the choccy icing!
And if that's not Gassit Girl's recipe, then it's naff...

CookMySock
25th March 2010, 11:26
Hah! you will have fun here!

Steve

BiK3RChiK
25th March 2010, 12:21
Hah! you will have fun here!

Steve

He forgot to add, you'd be welcome to come and meet us too!.... sheesh! What happened to good ol' kiwi hospitality? ;)

CookMySock
25th March 2010, 14:39
He forgot to add, you'd be welcome to come and meet us too!.... sheesh! What happened to good ol' kiwi hospitality? ;)That comes later. :niceone:

Steve

Ratti
25th March 2010, 15:52
If you go thru Welly without staying on my couch at least ONE night, so help me Ratti will...willl....will....I dont know what I'll do but it WONT BE PRETTY. And it will all be YOUR FAULT

and i live just down the road from Stig so that makes it easy!

Maha
25th March 2010, 16:07
New Zealand will be closed for three days starting April 12th for maintenance.
So sorry CC....:innocent:

Genie
25th March 2010, 16:14
So sorry CC....:innocent:

oh Maha, you are so funny...if you know what I mean

Ratti
25th March 2010, 18:06
watch it Maha, comments like that will lose your sainthood status faster than a handjob behind the alter will

cc rider
25th March 2010, 19:52
Be sure to look us up. We wil make sure you get to meet the lovely Laava :blip:That's a definite dear lady. Hope you don't have to tie him (L) down once he finds out I'm in the neighbourhood.
I may have to neek up on him :shifty:

Oi! You forgot the choccy icing!
And if that's not Gassit Girl's recipe, then it's naff...No choccy on my banana cake. That would make it too much like real cake & that's too sweet for me. I'll be catching up with Annie & the Puss again, so will see if I'm lucky enough to sample some.

He forgot to add, you'd be welcome to come and meet us too!.... sheesh! What happened to good ol' kiwi hospitality? ;)Is all good, the hospitality is awesome. We may need a girls night out Chik :woohoo:

Mom
25th March 2010, 19:58
That's a definite dear lady. Hope you don't have to tie him (L) down once he finds out I'm in the neighbourhood.
I may have to neek up on him :shifty:

No sneaking required my dear. We will plan a bit of a do, and you can meet him and his lovely lady.

Avoid that MSTRS though, once you know him, he sends you the most revolting texts :love:

crazyhorse
25th March 2010, 20:01
Hey girl, be good to catch up with you one day :) Good luck with the move

cc rider
25th March 2010, 20:11
If you go thru Welly without staying on my couch at least ONE night, so help me Ratti will...willl....will....I dont know what I'll do but it WONT BE PRETTY. And it will all be YOUR FAULT

and i live just down the road from Stig so that makes it easy!Go through Welly without staying with you :gob: You're Top of the Pop girl.
Can't wait to see your arse... the pants look great :blip:

So I can swan down the road, ring Stigs doorbell & ask him "if you know what I mean" then swan back :laugh:
Maybe we can get him shitfaced & sneek a peek under his helmet :innocent:

cc rider
25th March 2010, 20:27
So sorry CC....:innocent:Do you really think I would tell you the real date I'm arriving... it was closed last time I came too :scratch:

No sneaking required my dear. We will plan a bit of a do, and you can meet him and his lovely lady.

Avoid that MSTRS though, once you know him, he sends you the most revolting texts :love:That sounds fantastic Mom. Will look forward to meeting you all.

Oh dear, I thought he was such a nice young man too. :blink:

Mom
25th March 2010, 20:31
Oh dear, I thought he was such a nice young man too. :blink:
It is his birthday today too, he is really old :yes:

FJRider
25th March 2010, 20:36
Do you really think I would tell you the real date I'm arriving... it was closed last time I came too :scratch:

You can tell me .... whisper it in my ear ... and don't take too long getting to the MAIN island ...

cc rider
25th March 2010, 21:06
Hey girl, be good to catch up with you one day :) Good luck with the moveCool, you guys are just down the road, sorta. :yes: Thanks, not sure on how to move the bikes yet.

It is his birthday today too, he is really old :yes:is that why he wants choccy cake?

You can tell me .... whisper it in my ear ... and don't take too long getting to the MAIN island ...I'll be down your way soon as. Have you picked a trail for us yet? :woohoo: A hiking we will go

Laava
26th March 2010, 06:53
Dedicated to Mom and CC!! Hahahahahahaha!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MTu6u2Wq0A

FJRider
26th March 2010, 06:59

I sense another spanking coming up ... :lol:

cc rider
26th March 2010, 09:07
Dedicated to Mom and CC!! Hahahahahahaha!Oh boy, meeting you is going to be sweet as... :shifty: :devil2: :jerry:

curl curl

MSTRS
26th March 2010, 12:26
Avoid that MSTRS though, once you know him, he sends you the most revolting texts :love: Oooo, I knowoooow....
Here's one I prepared earlier - I asked 100 women what sort of shampoo they used while showering. 98 of them said "How the fuck did you get in here?"

Oh dear, I thought he was such a nice young man too. :blink: *cough* I am *cough*

It is his birthday today too, he is really old :yes:
You're only really old when you don't want choccy iced cake anymore...

is that why he wants choccy cake?
It's a euphemism...

Ratti
26th March 2010, 19:07
So I can swan down the road, ring Stigs doorbell & ask him "if you know what I mean" then swan back :laugh:
Maybe we can get him shitfaced & sneek a peek under his helmet :innocent:

Let's! sssshh, don't tell him or he will arrange to be out of town that day.

Ratti
26th March 2010, 19:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MTu6u2Wq0A

Living dangerously mate, you sure you can run faster than they can?

Laava
26th March 2010, 20:40
Might have bit off more than I can chew? Ooh, bugger!

cave weta
26th March 2010, 20:45

Heh heh heh... *laughs nervously*, what about me?!
she tells me that she is a 'swinger' and I live in such a quiet little town.- Im getting quite nervous!

Sach
26th March 2010, 21:13
she tells me that she is a 'swinger' and I live in such a quiet little town.- Im getting quite nervous!

I have to admit when you said that on the phone the other night i thought TMI....... he he

BiK3RChiK
26th March 2010, 21:34
We do weekends out here! ;)

Looking forward to it.... hehe

cave weta
26th March 2010, 21:35
I have to admit when you said that on the phone the other night i thought TMI....... he he

Sach...... she only swings at race tracks Im told.....

cc rider
27th March 2010, 02:35
Let's! sssshh, don't tell him or he will arrange to be out of town that day.First Closed! Now Out of Town! What next... not feeling the lubs guys :love: :(

Might have bit off more than I can chew? Ooh, bugger!Oh please! Like you haven't done that before :bleh:

Run Rabbit
Run Rabbit
Run Run Run

cc rider
27th March 2010, 03:23
she tells me that she is a 'swinger' and I live in such a quiet little town.- Im getting quite nervous!Mate don't look so worried... I'll be gentle as. *maniacal laughter*
Just have some more cider weta. It'll all seem much blurrier in the morning :drinknsin
Am so tempted to txt you at 4am... cause being woken a few hrs early would be down right :spanking:able, aye ;) if you know what I mean?

I have to admit when you said that on the phone the other night i thought TMI....... he heGood god, Sach! :gob: I hope he didn't mention my rear or front exit preference as well.... :o

cc rider
27th March 2010, 04:23
So what sort of weather is there during April/May/June? As I'm only bringing limited gear with me until I know where I'll be living.

I have all my bike gear, just not warm (& dry) gloves. (I'll have more bike gear then clothes :rolleyes: )

Am wondering more for regular clothing. I'll be covering both Islands & as far Sth as Alexandra, I don't know if I know anyone more Sth? OK, hands up . Who lives further Sth then FJRider & fancies a visitor? I'll bring cookies :D My granddad was Scottish, does that help?

kevfromcoro
27th March 2010, 04:35
[QUOTE=cc rider

Am wondering more for regular clothing. :D My granddad was Scottish, does that help?[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt go wearing his kilt.
May/ June..................

cc rider
27th March 2010, 04:49
Is funny kev. Was going to mention MY kilt, butt thought better of it :cold:

Sach
27th March 2010, 07:01
Good god, Sach! :gob: I hope he didn't mention my rear or front exit preference as well.... :o

ummm nope he didn't and i am glad as that was enough info that night for my innocent ears lol

Sach
27th March 2010, 07:01
Sach...... she only swings at race tracks Im told.....

Guess you will find out aye lmao

Ratti
27th March 2010, 16:48

Take BIG bites, chew quicky and swallow- real fast. You will manage

Nonsense, all sorts of things happen in that town..if it's the one I think it is. I grew up there, trust me on this one!

cc, you got 'em running scared! Hi5 to you Kitten!

It'll be colder than you think. I wouldnt worry too much about bringing stacks of clothes with you, you can always pick up an extra jersey from the opshops if you get cold. There's a good one in UpperHUtt and its cheap as.

cc rider
27th March 2010, 17:42
Gosh, darn (hands in pockets, scuffs boot on ground), not wanting to chase anyone away, am moving to make friends :grouphug: :o

So I gather swimming season will be over? haha
I may bring my thermal socks though. You know the best pair of ugg boots I've ever had, I got for my 15th b'day when in ChCh. Which did look a tad "out-dere", since I grew up in Queensland. I is going to get me another pr. :yes: Who makes goOd ones?
Thanks Ratti. UpperHutt? Is above MiddleHutt? We have Pizza Hut, is that the same? :scratch:

Laxi
27th March 2010, 17:51
. UpperHutt? Is above MiddleHutt? We have Pizza Hut, is that the same? :scratch:

nah pizza hut has more class :dodge:

cc rider
27th March 2010, 17:56
Hey mate, you trying to start a mud fight ...Hmmmm :nono: :laugh:

Maha
27th March 2010, 17:58

More class than those Lower Hutt dwellers?

cc rider
27th March 2010, 18:01

More class than those Lower Hutt dwellers?Are you kids going to be trouble now? :yes:

So someone tell me some good places to visit/stay. I need to find an area I want to live. Pending work of course, but have to start somewhere..... :D

blackdog
27th March 2010, 18:13
preparing mud as we speak........:angry:

MSTRS
27th March 2010, 18:18

Hey! I resemble that comment...
Grew up in L/H

Are you kids going to be trouble now?
What do you think?

cc rider
27th March 2010, 18:29

preparing mud as we speak........:angry:

Grew up in L/H

What do you think?Watching a lot of men throwing mud at each other? I think moving to NZ is the best decision I've ever made :corn: :dodge: :corn:

MSTRS
27th March 2010, 18:33
Winter is the cold season. Tends to be wet whenever...

CookMySock
27th March 2010, 18:38
Take BIG bites, chew quicky and swallow- real fast.Not too big a bite, or it tastes like shit. :lol:

Steve

cc rider
27th March 2010, 18:39
Are there any bike events coming up? Races, exhibitions, rallies etc? I'd like to try line up a few while travelling about. Will be a good way to hitch lifts I reckon.

ps Wet season was reference to mud consistancy... but we can look into that later... hahahaha

Laxi
27th March 2010, 18:50
Are there any bike events coming up? Races, exhibitions, rallies etc? I'd like to try line up a few while travelling about. Will be a good way to hitch lifts I reckon.

ps Wet season was reference to mud consistancy... but we can look into that later... hahahaha

must be time to resurect a certain jelly wrestling thread :rofl:

MSTRS
27th March 2010, 18:54

Cold Duck Rally in Hawkes Bay in early May. Vic Club runs a winter race series at Manfield.

cc rider
27th March 2010, 19:02
must be time to resurect a certain jelly wrestling thread :rofl:So that's one for the male mud/jelly wrestling... :niceone: Laxi, you're a trooper ;)

Cold Duck Rally in Hawkes Bay in early May. Vic Club runs a winter race series at Manfield.Yeah I was looking at the Cold Duck. Cool.
I know I should know by now, but where is Manfeild?

Maha
27th March 2010, 19:21
Grew up in L/H

I rest my case.....:shifty:

Maha
27th March 2010, 19:22
Watching a lot of men throwing mud at each other? I think moving to NZ is the best decision I've ever made :corn: :dodge: :corn:

Nae Nae dont be so hastey.....:blink:

cc rider
27th March 2010, 20:08
the mud or moving? Definitely good decision for the move. :yes: You don't know how shyte the last year has been.

Maha
27th March 2010, 20:47
the mud or moving? Definitely good decision for the move. :yes: You don't know how shyte the last year has been.

It was a play on Words, Nae Nae is a place in the Hutt Valley (Wellington).....
So ya want to know a good place to maybe settle? have you not given that much thought?
Nae Nae is no no, it is crap so um, basically anywhere else will do.

MIXONE
27th March 2010, 20:53
Yeah I was looking at the Cold Duck. Cool.
I know I should know by now, but where is Manfeild?
An hour and a half from Wellywood.

Maha
27th March 2010, 20:57
An hour and a half from Wellywood.

North or South?

cc rider
27th March 2010, 21:10
It was a play on Words, Nae Nae is a place in the Hutt Valley (Wellington).....
So ya want to know a good place to maybe settle? have you not given that much thought?
Nae Nae is no no, it is crap so um, basically anywhere else will do.Ah :doh:... was lost on me then & such a clever retort I'm sure. :shutup: I thought it was just some accent thing. :blink:

Bit hard to give thought to places I've never been to. Thus the few months of travelling to see what community might suit me & me it.
But that's one of the reasons why I'm on KB. I read about the different towns & how you folk feel about living there.
If I understand it correctly. Where one lives is the best & every place that someone elses lives is shyte.
I see a pattern developing here :confused:

I just want to find somewhere to be happy :sunny:

cc rider
27th March 2010, 21:11
North or South?what he said

Maha
27th March 2010, 21:15
what he said

Its North (close to Palmerston North) South would be in the water somewhere.
Palmerston North is where I was born, the Manawatu is a great area to visit. Would I want to live there? possibly, the roads around there and further north are particularly stunning.

cc rider
27th March 2010, 21:25
Its North (close to Palmerston North) South would be in the water somewhere.
Palmerston North is where I was born, the Manawatu is a great area to visit. Would I want to live there? possibly, the roads around there and further north are particularly stunning.Darn. My map's not detailed enough. I'll go get an NZ road atlas tomorrow.
thanks Maha :D

MSTRS
28th March 2010, 09:04
Apparently NaeNae is Maori for sandflies...
Manfield is a motorsport park on the southern edge of Feilding

Ratti
28th March 2010, 12:42
NaeNae is just over the track from where I live. Abut the same level of income as Stokes Valley/Wainui/Taita and with the same rep. Like any place tho, its what you make of it.

Upper HUtt is further up the valley from Lower HUtt. Pizza HUtt sux no matter where it is located...Hell Pizzas is the way to go...yum yum!

Is there still the Cold Kiwi around Rotorua? ANd the Brass mOnkey down south somewhere? Bloody lunatics out camping inthe middle of winter...o, there is the HB BFTP rally on 23-25 April. Small but only for riders of OldBikes, So you would qualify for that one cc. join up with the BFTP social group here and the details are being discussed. I think its on the Event callendar as well.

MSTRS
28th March 2010, 12:49
Cold Kiwi is usually in August (maybe Sept?) and is somewhere around the central plateau (Desert Rd)

kevfromcoro
1st April 2010, 09:28
The cold kiwi..

Fark.. the last one of them i done .. it was frezzing.....

The only thing that was sticking out of my sleeping bag was my nose...
and i reckon if you taped it with a hamer it would of broke off....
Done a few previous.. they wernt to bad... but that last one........COLD!!!!!

Laava
1st April 2010, 12:36
2 weeks to go chook! Getting excited?

cc rider
2nd April 2010, 21:00
10 days... till I land. OMG! 3 more days of work.
That's the sad thing. I love my job. But I've been told there will be a job somewhere in the company if I come back. Which is very kind & even reassuring.

Excited.. definitely. :woohoo:
Nervous a bit too. But can't wait to get there. Hanging out with my mate Stu will be brilliant. If I get time off from washing bikes that is. :laugh:

cave weta
3rd April 2010, 08:24
10 days... till I land. OMG! 3 more days of work.
That's the sad thing. I love my job. But I've been told there will be a job somewhere in the company if I come back. Which is very kind & even reassuring.

Excited.. definitely. :woohoo:
Nervous a bit too. But can't wait to get there. Hanging out with my mate Stu will be brilliant. If I get time off from washing bikes that is. :laugh:

The work is pretty much over now for the summer- we will have the pleasure of dirtying all the bikes we wash from now till November I would say!
We will be doing plenty of playing on bikes- showing you around and getting you settled in and learning to speak Nuw Zeelundish properly

cc rider
3rd April 2010, 20:32
Glad you said we, my fluffy friend.. was thinking I would be waterlogged. Lucky we have water restrictions here. haha

Will be frecken awesome to have you show me your part of the Norf (did I pronounce that correctly?) by bike :yes:

Fuckin bloody hell... I can't even speak aus half the time :blink:

Laava
4th April 2010, 09:53
Glad you said we, your part of the Norf (did I pronounce that correctly?):

Chur chur chick! See yous when you a up norf! Do you eat plenktonn?

Pussy
4th April 2010, 09:56
CC shouldn't be TOO bad to teach NZ lingo.
She doesn't sound TOOOO much like a strine

Sach
4th April 2010, 10:12
Take BIG bites, chew quicky and swallow- real fast. You will manage

Nonsense, all sorts of things happen in that town..if it's the one I think it is. I grew up there, trust me on this one!

our little town ....NEVER ...lol aye Stu !!!1

cc rider
4th April 2010, 21:04
Chur chur chick! See yous when you a up norf! Do you eat plenktonn?Keh!? Plankton?? :confused: I'm a veggie, not a seewweeed sucka :sick:
I wouldn't mind going on a (norf) night ride if anyone would be up for an imported pillion :whistle:

CC shouldn't be TOO bad to teach NZ lingo.
She doesn't sound TOOOO much like a strineWhy thank you Pussy :D
We seemed to communicate well enough last time for me to get the cuppa orders right :laugh:

Mind you, I still don't understand a lot of the "loca"l jargon & NZ humour :scratch:
Though am used to a certain pasta rider making fun of me :Pokey:

Pussy
6th April 2010, 14:38
Why thank you Pussy :D
We seemed to communicate well enough last time for me to get the cuppa orders right :laugh:

Mind you, I still don't understand a lot of the "loca"l jargon & NZ humour :scratch:
Though am used to a certain pasta rider making fun of me :Pokey:
I didn't even have to get the phrase book out once!
You'll have kiwi lingo off pat before you know it!

cc rider
10th April 2010, 23:42
Tickle my tummy if there isn't just 2 more sleeps till I jump the ditch & the wheels touch down... :eek: There's still time to book your holidays (out of town)
I is kinda almost packed. Did the usual pack & repack... threw out the hairdryer & added a fun things for show & tell :msn-wink:

So am allowed 23kg check-in luggage... Bike gearbag is 15kg. That's without roadboots & 2 helmets... will have to wear them onboard (not got 2 heads thank you :rolleyes:). Though after a few bourbons, I might wonder up to 1st class & have a go at an impersonation of theblackstig
May have to throw out a few of the squeeky toys at this rate :shifty:

How's the weather been lately?... reckon I'z gonna freeze my tushi off :cold: Am going to Cold Duck Rally. Too Cool! (No! Really too cool)

Can't wait to finally have the sheer pleasure of meeting some of the fine upstanding folk of KBland...
ya like how I kept a straight face :killingme

Anyhoot, will be grouse.
If anyone fancies meeting up, just PM me or give us a buzz at cave weta's. ( He'll be the one wondering what the hell he was thinking) :slap: :soon:

cheers kiddies
CC

Laava
11th April 2010, 07:58
K Bland? How rude!!! Stay there!!

cc rider
11th April 2010, 19:43
:cry:

sworry, my bad... I means Hootersville :blip:

Laava
11th April 2010, 19:58
That's my kind of town!

R6_kid
11th April 2010, 20:12
Are you here yet?

Ronin
12th April 2010, 19:39
News from Miss Rider, while security was looking the other way she nipped through and has got to the plane. She is only little so I imagine she didn't have to duck down much.

Laava
12th April 2010, 21:26
Ooh, I like a bit of duck down!

cave weta
12th April 2010, 21:47
Im on my way to meet the plane!

Sach
12th April 2010, 23:17
see you tomoz CC...... youre ona jet plane right now... had Weta here for dinner... looking forward to meeting you

howdamnhard
13th April 2010, 09:45
Welcome to New Zealand.

Ronin
13th April 2010, 09:53
Waits for duty free Wild Turkey...

sinfull
13th April 2010, 10:16
How's the weather been lately?... reckon I'z gonna freeze my tushi off :cold: Am going to Cold Duck Rally. Too Cool! (No! Really too cool)

Well if ya make it to the duck, have a look out for the Otaki Social Riders banner and come say hi cc !
The rest of the crew should be there friday, Heidi and i may even make it if the weather aint "only good for ducks" lol, but prob not till saturday !

Sach
13th April 2010, 20:15
she is here had coffee today :)

Laava
13th April 2010, 20:54
Welcome home chook!

cc rider
16th April 2010, 01:59
Well hey ya everyone. I is here.

Customs - Foreigner - Delays expected :rolleyes:

MAF - Dirty riding accessories - Quarantined :shifty:

Body Search - Requesting I wear my leathers?! - Not so bad, I did get his number :innocent:

Soooo..... a few days of house arrest at weta's & am ready to get out there amongst ya... :woohoo:

Thanks for the TimTams Sach - Stu & I are up having coffees tonight & browsing through my pics & dirtee mags :blink:

whowhatwhere
16th April 2010, 02:06
Good luck with the jet lag ;)

cc rider
16th April 2010, 02:40
... She is only little so I imagine she didn't have to duck down much.I had a trolley full of luggage that was a tad taller then me, so snucked by... haha!
But Fark the cost of excess baggage, I'm sure I saw her foot on the scale

Ooh, I like a bit of duck down!quite enjoy a lil feather work myself...

Waits for duty free Wild Turkey...Thanks Giving will cum early this year :msn-wink:

Well if ya make it to the duck, have a look out for the Otaki Social Riders banner and come say hi cc !
The rest of the crew should be there friday, Heidi and i may even make it if the weather aint "only good for ducks" lol, but prob not till saturday !Cold Duck is a goer, just have to organise a ride etc lol. Brought my earmuffs & mittens. Nice one sinfull, I'll make sure I find you guys.

Welcome home chook!Aww... thankee hun. Been smiling since I got here, so must be right.

Thanks howdamnhard, am so happy to finally be here

I sense a theme here...

kiwifruit
16th April 2010, 03:32
Welcome :)

cc rider
16th April 2010, 03:44
thanks fruity, looking forward to seeing what marathons are coming up this year. Waihi has a few wee hills to do some training on :D

crazyhorse
16th April 2010, 06:59
Hope to catch up with you at the cold duck Cas

howdamnhard
16th April 2010, 16:42
thanks fruity, looking forward to seeing what marathons are coming up this year. Waihi has a few wee hills to do some training on :D
Hey your alive, thought you had dissapeared. Have fun with the training. Stu should be just the man to help you out.

Crasherfromwayback
16th April 2010, 16:57
Welcome! Hope you're loving being here!