PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: What's happening today that's not in the Calendar

Hawkeye
28th March 2010, 09:14
Sitting in the office overlooking Queens Wharf. Large groups of bikes have been going past over the last hour (heading north). Checked the calendar but there isn't any event's listed.
Anyone know what's on today?

Drew
28th March 2010, 09:29
Anyone know what's on today?People who dont have to work, are riding their motorbikes. Pretty shitty, but it happens.

Ixion
28th March 2010, 10:33
Obviously, they're all heading out to the Wellington 'FreeBooze and Sex' day, a joint Brothel-Brewery promotion. Didn't you get your invitation?

Bald Eagle
28th March 2010, 12:43
Obviously, they're all heading out to the Wellington 'FreeBooze and Sex' day, a joint Brothel-Brewery promotion. Didn't you get your invitation?

Wasn't there a HOG poker run today ?

Bren
28th March 2010, 20:53
There was a poler run today.. It was the Pirate Poker Run done by welly HOG....

I was hoping to matybe see a few KBers there but alas either they were not there or I did not know them....probably the latter...

The run went from welly Motorcycles (where I got an ace) over the Haywoods, then over to the lookout at the piecock hill..where the 2nd card was drawn...for me it was a king. Quick chat and then up to a hall behind Levin...Jack for me...from there out past shannon, and through to a school behind Palmerston North for the fourth card...again a Jack for me...That was the most interesting part of the trip, and not for the right reasons either...My bike is like a sail in crosswinds and I swear I was holding on by hens teeth..the wind was absofuckinglutely awful...
The last point in the run was the Totara domain behind Ashurst...Beautiful road there but recently resealed and there were chips all over the place...a little bit scary...At the domain I got another Jack, plus a beer that went down well and also a nice pork roll...mmm I was hungry by then....Had a good perve at all the bikes, and there were some real nice ones there too...
well it was a good day...good way to kill a sunday afternoon and a few hundred KMs

Drew
28th March 2010, 21:04
(where I got an ace)..for me it was a king. Quick chat and then up to a hall behind Levin...Jack for me...again a Jack for me... I got another Jack, ..
well it was a good day...good way to kill a sunday afternoon and a few hundred KMs

Not a bad hand, I'm guessing not the winner though.

Bren
28th March 2010, 21:17
Nope...not a winner....Winner was four of a kind....queens if memory serves me right...then followed by an ace high full house, next was a king high full house...and one prize for the worst hand...

but was fun...enjoy poker runs...they even get me thinking how worthwhile it will be to get a harley...that thought soon evaporates when I go through twisty bits...hehe