PDA

View Full Version : New prog on the TV.

Lou Girardin
12th November 2003, 07:28
Called Road Wars, like the American stuff but more watchable.
Watching it last night convinced me that the greatest cause of accidents is sleeping drivers. These people have reaction times measured in minutes.
There was a segment on Rome's traffic. Bugger filtering, these guys ride anywhere, footpaths, wrong side of the road, you name it. Best part is that no - one cares.
Lou

Antallica
12th November 2003, 07:34
If it was the one on 3 last night I was watching that briefly. That scooter dude and his passenger were lucky eh ;)

wkid_one
12th November 2003, 07:49
Interesting how they said speed alone doesn't kill motorcyclists - it is speed in inappropriate circumstances.

Also - that guy lane splitting got hammered in fines - and it wasn't even dangerous.....

Also - I wonder if they ticketed the guy weaving from side to side to warm his tyres up???

That car that ploughed in to the van in the car pool lane fair FECKED the van - christ

Lou Girardin
12th November 2003, 14:30
Not allowed to pass on the left in the UK. Big no no.
Some of those clowns had 100 metres clear view of the stopped vehicles and they still hit them. As for the dork that got out of his car for a look around, Darwin's theory missed that time, it'll get him next.
What about the VW Golf at 134 mph (215km/h for the youngsters)
Lou

Coldkiwi
12th November 2003, 22:12
yeah.. what was with the snarky comments about the dude warming his tyres? fair call on a cold brit day. I've done it here.

Have to say I have no sympathy for teh blokes popping wheelstands (as nice as they were).. doing it in front of a cop is just unbeleivably stupid!

that LA freeway smash was unreal. You'd almsot think LA drivers were worse than Auckland ones.

And as for that Rome segment, I reckon I could fit right in!