PDA

View Full Version : Evotech FE - 08 CBR 600RR

SPP
2nd April 2010, 12:04
Where to buy:
Evotech UK (http://www.evotech-performance.com/)

Service and Delivery:
£65/NZ$140 for the kit, delivered. Ordered online, arrived in a week to a RD address. Well packaged and intact. Pretty good I reckon.

What comes in the box:
* The FE (in three parts)
* LED rear light. It’s a DRC Edge so if you ever break it a replacement can be bought for $40 from your local motorcycle shop.
* A clear lens for the light (Kit comes with one red and one clear)
* Number plate spacers in case you need them
* Instructions and electrical connectors
* Little red Evotech sticker

Build Quality:
"The tail tidies are CNC machined from high grade aluminum and powder coated in a durable satin finish"
Yep, looks well made to me.

Mounting and connections:
* Very easy to mount. It lines up perfectly to Honda mounting holes and all bolts needed are supplied
* The wiring instructions provided were slightly wrong for my bike. Instead of Green, Green/Yellow they were Black, Black/Yellow but no problem.

End Result:
A lot better. Evotech are much nicer than most other FEs I’ve seen for the 600RR. I pulled off the little wings which looked better with the pipe IMO.

I particularly like that it is shaped to perfectly fit the OEM indicators. I filter morning and night so want 'em chunky.

... and yes, I realise my shed is a mess!

quickbuck
2nd April 2010, 15:00
... and yes, I realise my shed is a mess!

Some nice bikes in it though.... CBR, and Chevelo.

Anyhow, the kit looks good. Always hated that big bulbous mud flap that gets fitted to bikes...
Great you can fit the stock indicators too...
Murphy says they will never be long enough to stop a stone flying anyway...

SPP
2nd April 2010, 21:11
Some nice bikes in it though....

Thanks.

Hanging on the wall is my other pride and joy. A Cervelo Soloist. Planning on a hit out tomorrow :niceone: It could really boogie if it had a half decent rider onboard... like my CBR.

325rocket
2nd April 2010, 21:15
got one of these a while ago.
i agree with everything you said. the build quality is pretty good and they are very easy to fit.

quickbuck
2nd April 2010, 21:18
Thanks.

Hanging on the wall is my other pride and joy. A Cervelo Soloist. Planning on a hit out tomorrow :niceone: It could really boogie if it had a half decent rider onboard... like my CBR.

Yes, indeed a Chevelo... One of my mates has one.

Will be a good day out, i should hit the road on mine (Avanti Gyro) too... but alas, more chores...
At least I am going toward some twisty roads with my CBR on new rubber... so not all lost!

SPP
2nd April 2010, 21:25
... but alas, more chores... At least I am going toward some twisty roads with my CBR on new rubber...

Oh the sacrifice :whistle:

quickbuck
2nd April 2010, 21:29
Oh the sacrifice :whistle:

Yup,
Nothing really to complain about... apart from the fact I get to miss the Track Day at Manfeild tomorrow.....
Oh well, at least there should be less bikes on the Piecock (sic) hill tomorrow...

SPP
2nd April 2010, 21:39
....:niceone:....

SVboy
20th April 2010, 09:42
I have found EVOTECH good products and the UK good to deal with too. Tail tidy and crash bungs looked mint on my 08 z6r.