PDA

View Full Version : Grip changover

Waylander
17th May 2005, 13:48
Need some help. Boke the plastic end cap for my throtle grip off trying to change my bars out and was gonna get new grips but decided the ones from the rebel would be ok. Here is my problem. The plastic bit inside the grip that the cables connect to is the wrong size. I want to know how I can change that out. The one from the Virago looks easy enough it's just a piece of rubber wrapped around it and I can cut that off if I have to but it should be able to slide off with some work. The ones from the Rebel however are metal and I can't figure out how to get it out. Is there some trick to it or is it even possible? Would post pics but I don't have a camera right now.

hondacmx450
17th May 2005, 14:03
mate you need to ring me and as for the rebel dont you deer touch it i love them bikes i got one to
im sending you my number 4 you to ring me

Waylander
17th May 2005, 14:10
The rebel is dammaged anyway. Rear ended a car at about 40mph. Has a crack in the cylinder casing that leaks oil as well as a host of other problems. That;s gonna be my project bike once I get the Virago running and am debt free. Wanna put a v-twin in it and stretch the rake. But for now it's a parts bike for my Virago lol.

hondacmx450
17th May 2005, 14:14
you live in hamilton pm me cause year i can help iv got a lot of stuff here that might fit phone a/h and if you want to meet up so we can fix it for friday will be good to have you there

Waylander
17th May 2005, 14:19
Wich one the Rebel or the Virago? Yea would be good to have a bike runnin and would definatly go friday if I can. but the ride needs a new speedo, tach and dash kit aswell as bits of the headlight. I also need to straighten my forks out but I just need to pull the trees apart then reset them for that.

John
17th May 2005, 14:22
Wich one the Rebel or the Virago? Yea would be good to have a bike runnin and would definatly go friday if I can. but the ride needs a new speedo, tach and dash kit aswell as bits of the headlight. I also need to straighten my forks out but I just need to pull the trees apart then reset them for that.
I knew those forks were bent :P I will try dig up some crap that I might have floating around - I'm sure I have an old speedo, will hunt and get back to you - yours is a gear driven speedo huh?

Waylander
17th May 2005, 14:24
I knew those forks were bent :P I will try dig up some crap that I might have floating around - I'm sure I have an old speedo, will hunt and get back to you - yours is a gear driven speedo huh?

They arn't bent the trees are out of allighnment. And don't worry about the speedo thing I found this on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4550537007&category=35580)and gonna give that a try. My mom will be able to pick it up from the states when she goes there next week or so. Yea it's gear driven but using a different kind of speedo will make it in acurate or something like that. Thanks anyway.

NhuanH
17th May 2005, 23:45
oh bugga, from the thread subject, I thought it was seeking advice on a *ahem* "manual stimulation" :killingme

Ne'er mind.

Nhuan out.

Waylander
17th May 2005, 23:52
oh bugga, from the thread subject, I thought it was seeking advice on a *ahem* "manual stimulation" :killingme

Ne'er mind.

Nhuan out.

Uh then why would it be in the cruiser tweaking an tuning forum and not off-topic?

Anyway with heaps of help from Hondacmx450, we got it sussed. I like the look of the grips on there now looks more custom. Stock Honda bars and stock grips, go figure... The bars from the Rebel are a bit bigger but that's ok I wanted them a bit higher up anyway. Turns out they were bent aswell just not as bad as the old ones. Not alot though so it should be ok.

Ixion
17th May 2005, 23:55
Uh then why would it be in the cruiser tweaking an tuning forum and not off-topic?

well, isn't that what cruiser riders do while they're riding ? :whistle: :devil2: PT

[Eek help it's a pisstake, it's a joke , don't kill me, why are all those Harley's heading toward me. Help open the LART shelter door quick , I'm in trouble]

Waylander
17th May 2005, 23:59
well, isn't that what cruiser riders do while they're riding ? :whistle: :devil2: PT

[Eek help it's a pisstake, it's a joke , don't kill me, why are all those Harley's heading toward me. Help open the LART shelter door quick , I'm in trouble]
Rather a nimble cruiser than a white whale.:niceone:

NhuanH
18th May 2005, 00:00

Word up brotha! Don't worry, your K75 will outrun any cruisers :niceone:

Mr Skid
18th May 2005, 00:04

Ne'er mind.

Nhuan out.
:killingme :killingme :killingme

Waylander
18th May 2005, 00:06
Thinking of locking this thread now aas it is no longer relevant except to you nutters.:whistle:

NhuanH
18th May 2005, 00:12
Thinking of locking this thread now aas it is no longer relevant except to you nutters.:whistle:
c'mon fella, wot 'appened to free speech on the InterWeb? AND now you've gone and brought aas into this sordid topic! :devil2:

Waylander
18th May 2005, 00:17
Actually Ixion is the one who turned it sordid. Back on topic now hoping to have the bike running again soon. Will look like a monkey's arse for a bit cause we're bolting on some of the broken bits, but they will work till I can get newer stuff. Will post the rest of the story, with pics hopefully, in my other thread about fixing my bike as it goes. I'm off to bed.