PDA

View Full Version : It's here!

DebK
17th May 2005, 17:39
Me bike has arrived, me bike has arrived!

Pictures of it in it's crate attached. Pick up (or delivery) this week.

One scooter up for sale...

James Deuce
17th May 2005, 17:41
Woohoo!

Give us a yell if you want a hand or anything.

Sensei
17th May 2005, 17:43
Great to see your new ride Take it easy on it . Don't want to see a Obugger crashed it post in a week . More pics when all together :niceone:

Suney
17th May 2005, 17:44
hot damn! that is one mighty fine looking bike

Motoracer
17th May 2005, 17:48
Oohhhhhh sexy!! Let me guess, red is your fav colour? lol

Congrats on finally getting her/him/it! You finally have a set of 2 wheels that can match the performance of the Evo! (well... maybe ;))

wari
17th May 2005, 17:59
BOy oh boy oh boy ... :wari:

StoneChucker
17th May 2005, 18:17
A GIRL on a Kawasaki Ninja??? Didn't know they sold it to wimmen folk :whistle:
:killingme :devil2: :devil2: :killingme
JUST [pt] :Punk:
Thats a sexy looking bike, and I think you'll look quite at home on it. Now, you HAVE to come out with the groups on the weekends, ok?

Take it easy, and ride safe!

PS: It's been worth the wait, hasn't it :yes:
PPS: You're sooo lucky, my bike has lost the new bike smell that you get :whistle:

GROOMER
17th May 2005, 18:23
Is Jamie allowed a turn too? :)

Ms Piggy
17th May 2005, 18:27
Woohoo!

Give us a yell if you want a hand or anything.
Bah hah hah! Do you mean like with running it in prehaps?

Nice one Debs! :niceone:

Coyote
17th May 2005, 18:40
Awesome bike :2thumbsup

SPORK
17th May 2005, 18:50
Ooooh! Give me a yell in a couple of years when you're sick of it and I'll take it off your hands for a sum...

merv
17th May 2005, 18:55
Good one Deb.

Hey just got back from Oz again and you know those shops of yours "Deborah K" are all over the place, even in the malls, Adelaide and Melbourne.

DebK
17th May 2005, 19:03
Is Jamie allowed a turn too? :)
Alas, he dislikes bikes. I think he can appreciate the beauty but hates them just the same.

How do you know Jamie, Groomer?

zadok
17th May 2005, 19:05
Looks like a beaudy. :niceone:

Marty :ride:

DebK
17th May 2005, 19:10
Now, you HAVE to come out with the groups on the weekends, ok?Can't wait to join in, though the Dragster kept up quite nicely over to Whitemans Valley during the CBTA course. Surprised me (& the rest on the course) really.

I know I must be very careful with it until I get my head around what's under me...

Jim2 - will PM you if I need some assistance. Thanks for the kind offer & I will no doubt take you up on it.

Thanks all.

Storm
17th May 2005, 19:11
Nice bike be sure to take many pictures and even recordings for us all :niceone:

Marknz
17th May 2005, 19:18
If that is the one at Sawyers this avo then that is one grouse lookin bike. I was in there to pick up the 'Storm after it's 6K service and I had to go back for another look at the Kwaka. I've always been a green kwaka man, but you bike ( if indeed it is yours ) looks bloody luffly. Good luck with it and enjoy getting used to it.

Two Smoker
17th May 2005, 19:18
I know I must be very careful with it until I get my head around what's under me...

Congrats Deb,

What will be under you???

120hp of roaring machine, that can catapult you to 100kmh in 3 seconds flat and have a top speed of 280+ kmh... It will make your evo seem like a normal "family car" with wicked handlin!!!

Chuck a steering damper on (dont want any headshakes from wheelies or the front skipping at speed...)

2_SL0
17th May 2005, 19:38
Congrats, thats a beautiful bike, infact I would go as far as saying I wish I had one. Oh wait I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Have fun with your new machine, I look foward to reading what you think of it.

crashe
17th May 2005, 19:44
Ok where the 'attached thumbnail' is, it is blank for me.
I click on the space and still nothing comes up.

So all I can say is congratulations on finally getting your bike Deb.
You have been very patient, waiting for its arrival.
Have fun riding her and enjoy getting to know her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK I had to shut the site down and restart it, to get to see the pic's.
I have no idea why, when I could see all other pic's in other threads.

Nice looking bike. :niceone: :ride: :ride: :ride:

Hitcher
17th May 2005, 19:53
Nice ride there, Deb. I have considerable experience running in bikes for discerning lady riders...

Skunk
17th May 2005, 19:55
Chuck a steering damper on (dont want any headshakes from wheelies or the front skipping at speed...)You speak as if every bike handles like a Suzuki... PT

Nice bike Deb... See you around on it soon.

Motu
17th May 2005, 19:56
Wow - it looks new,but I hope you don't have too much trouble finding the missing bits.Good choice on the roll cage option,I guess after a rally car you feel safer with one around you.

She'll be backing it in no worries soon.....

JohnBoy
17th May 2005, 20:07
well done!! nice to see another kwaka out there!! nice colour, haven't seen many in red!

gav
17th May 2005, 20:10
Ninja ad!! Might try this one day.... :ride:
http://www.alex66.com/vids/giveme5.wmv

2_SL0
17th May 2005, 22:17
I luv that ad. :killingme :killingme

NhuanH
17th May 2005, 22:19
congrats on your new ride Deb. Awesome colour especially :yes:

Slingshot
17th May 2005, 22:27
Deb...do you live up in the progressive suburb? If so, I think we commute in at about the same time.

Skunk
17th May 2005, 22:28
Deb...do you live up in the progressive suburb? If so, I think we commute in at about the same time.You both pass me almost every day :killingme

DebK
17th May 2005, 22:46
You both pass me almost every day :killingmeSkunk & Slingshot - I'm hard to miss on the Italjet, huh :)

Will need to spend some time on the weekend getting to know the 636 - tis a massive step up from the Dragster and don't want to make an egg of myself in daily traffic.

nhuanh - like your choice in colour!

Zed
17th May 2005, 23:03
Me bike has arrived, me bike has arrived!

Pictures of it in it's crate attached. Pick up (or delivery) this week.

One scooter up for sale...Pics of your new rocket still in the crate - now that's how you present an 'I've Got A New Bike' thread!!

Congrats and well done on the upgrade Deb, I hope the transition from scoot to superbike is a wonderful new adventure for you! :banana:

LB
18th May 2005, 04:33
Congrats on the new steed DebK - catch you on the road some time!

John
18th May 2005, 04:57
Woman with taste, enjoy the bike and take care - dont want you to hurt yourself or the ninja..

Get some pictures of the smiling new owner upon delivery, I love seeing the joy on new owners faces, brings a tear to me eye it does..

Two Smoker
18th May 2005, 07:49
Woman with taste, enjoy the bike and take care - dont want you to hurt yourself or the ninja..

Get some pictures of the smiling new owner upon delivery, I love seeing the joy on new owners faces, brings a tear to me eye it does..

If you think that brings a tear to the eye, you should see the new owners face when he/she totals his/her new bike... NOW THAT brings tears all the way down your face...

John
18th May 2005, 08:02
If you think that brings a tear to the eye, you should see the new owners face when he/she totals his/her new bike... NOW THAT brings tears all the way down your face...
I could only imagine - I've only taken out 2 second hand bikes..

Unlike some :p hope YOU get you gixxer going soon.. And keep it going..

vifferman
18th May 2005, 08:21
It's... it's....

Well, it appears to be a motorbicycle.:confused:

It must be rather dangerous, for it to be incarcerated like that. If I were you, I'd feed it some meat before you try to get too near to it. Or better still, a nice bowl of lukewarm oatmeal, so it doesn't get to like the taste of blood. :no:

Congratulations, young Ms DebK - I hope you and your new WildyBike are very happy. :niceone:

Jonty
18th May 2005, 08:34
I'm sooo jealous - I can see why you didn't get it at christmas time - bit big for for the chimney in that package :msn-wink:

Sparky Bills
18th May 2005, 08:40
thats one purty bike!
Happy riding :niceone:
See ya on the hill!

Pwalo
18th May 2005, 08:41
Hmmm. That's very, very nice. If only I didn't have kids, house etc.

bear
18th May 2005, 12:52
Nice bike DebK!

And nice ad gav.

sels1
18th May 2005, 13:22
Nice one DebK. Look forward to seeing it on a KB ride

DebK
21st May 2005, 23:59
Was going to cruise up to Manfield & back today as part of the break-in but decided was a bit wet. Instead I rode around the neighbourhood and up & down the J-Ville to Porirua motorway to get used to the gears, brakes, position, etc. I had a great time but really felt it on my clutch hand. Put 60kms on it.

This break-in period is going to be hard work - was advised to keep it at 5,000 max for first 400kms then progressively move it up until first service at 1,000kms. Keeping it at no more than 5,000 is difficult.

Any tips from other 636 riders?

Cheers

WINJA
22nd May 2005, 09:33
Was going to cruise up to Manfield & back today as part of the break-in but decided was a bit wet. Instead I rode around the neighbourhood and up & down the J-Ville to Porirua motorway to get used to the gears, brakes, position, etc. I had a great time but really felt it on my clutch hand. Put 60kms on it.

This break-in period is going to be hard work - was advised to keep it at 5,000 max for first 400kms then progressively move it up until first service at 1,000kms. Keeping it at no more than 5,000 is difficult.

Any tips from other 636 riders?

Cheers
I THINK THAT RUN IN STUFF IS BULL SHIT , IVE RUN IN 2 NEW GSXR1OOOS MY WAY WHICH IS GIVE IT ABOUT 10KM THEN RIDE IT NORMALLY , BOTH MY GSXR'S SAW WELL OVER 200KMH JUST ABOUT 15 MINS AFTER STARTING THEM UP FOR THE FIRST , IVE ALWAYS FOUND BIKES THAT ARE RUN IN SLOW END UP SLOW AND USE MORE OIL.THIS GUY HAS GOOD BREAKIN TIPS ON HIS SITE http://www.mototuneusa.com/circular_logic.htm

XTC
22nd May 2005, 09:38
Wow kawasaki's are crated with the front wheel on.... That'd make it easier. Not like the yamaha's I've had to assemble. Especially the FJR1300 that was a mission to get the front wheel on and then wheel it off the crate, Took 4 hours to put that jigsaw together with panniers and top box also.

DebK
22nd May 2005, 17:12
I've been doing some web research on it WINJA and your way appears to be a common opinion. Bloody hard to know what to do though as the bike shop was specific in what I should be doing. Argh.

Have now done 150kms, just before it started pelting down here in Wellington. Took the brakes through a couple of heat cycles, the same way as when I put new Pagid's on my rally car - give them heck, then let them cool down.

Apart from my wrists, the bike is very comfortable so far. If I hug the tank harder with my knees I can take some weight off my throttle hand, so it's all good.

Will just normal cornering and straight-line stuff scrub the Bridgestones in okay? Should I also take some sandpaper and give them a rough up?

WINJA
22nd May 2005, 17:24
I've been doing some web research on it WINJA and your way appears to be a common opinion. Bloody hard to know what to do though as the bike shop was specific in what I should be doing. Argh.

Have now done 150kms, just before it started pelting down here in Wellington. Took the brakes through a couple of heat cycles, the same way as when I put new Pagid's on my rally car - give them heck, then let them cool down.

Apart from my wrists, the bike is very comfortable so far. If I hug the tank harder with my knees I can take some weight off my throttle hand, so it's all good.

Will just normal cornering and straight-line stuff scrub the Bridgestones in okay? Should I also take some sandpaper and give them a rough up?
DONT USE SANDPAPER , JUST GO GENTLE AND GET THEM FURTHER TO THE EDGES THAT WILL GET THAT SHINEY SILICONE MOLD RELEASE OFF.

James Deuce
22nd May 2005, 17:37

When we manage to get together for a ride, I'll help you set up the controls to minimise the wrist issue, and as Winja says just take it easy while scrubbing the tyres in.

DebK
22nd May 2005, 17:47
Mooch arse grassy arse Jim :) Will keep in touch.

Thanks WINJA. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge too. Cheers.

hondacmx450
22nd May 2005, 19:03
nice ride like the coulor and i bet it sounds luffly

John
22nd May 2005, 20:44
Mooch arse grassy arse Jim :) Will keep in touch.

Thanks WINJA. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge too. Cheers.
Do you happen to have any pictures of her(?)/him(?) in the flesh? Glad your having fun on it!

DebK
22nd May 2005, 21:18
Will have some photos taken shortly.

John
22nd May 2005, 21:22
Will have some photos taken shortly.
Cool thanks, keep us posted on your new baby.

Two Smoker
22nd May 2005, 21:28
As WINJA said, take it easy... 100-150kms is the usual time to scrub in tyres... Basically you need to do it on a long ride (so the tyre gets a nice heat cycle) and get all the silicone mould off...

I found with my BT-014's they slid around a little bit on the edge when getting of the silicon... nothing major or unnerving, but definately noticable...

Great tyres for the road though, great grip and heat up time also wet performance is good... and when they do let go, they do so in a nice mannor that is very controllable...

Motu
22nd May 2005, 21:53
Just half a km on a gravel road sorts out the tyres - saves getting a fright.

250learna
23rd May 2005, 01:53
that is one sexy bike, ill keep an eye out for you on the road :niceone:

merv
23rd May 2005, 12:28
Hi Deb good to hear you are out there running it in. Another way of dealing with the tyres is over lean it into the corners - a bit unnatural but ride like Giancarlo Fallappa used to, kinda push it down into the corners with your body more upright. That way you aren't going as fast as is normally required for that lean angle so the risk of slipping sideways is low but you start working the edges. Trying to get the slimy stuff off with sandpaper or anything like that is a waste of time, just riding it is the best way to go.

vifferman
23rd May 2005, 12:36
Hi Deb good to hear you are out there running it in. Another way of dealing with the tyres is over lean it into the corners - a bit unnatural but ride like Giancarlo Fallappa used to, kinda push it down into the corners with your body more upright. That way you aren't going as fast as is normally required for that lean angle so the risk of slipping sideways is low but you start working the edges. Trying to get the slimy stuff off with sandpaper or anything like that is a waste of time, just riding it is the best way to go.
I second that. :niceone:

The last set of new tyres I had, I went up to the local supermarket carpark, and did loops around a deserted part of the carpark, first clockwise, then anticlockwise, exaggeratedly leaning the bike into the corners. Must've looked a prat, but it got enough of the crap off the tyres that I could finish scrubbing them in on the road without fretting about grip. It's also a good way to get used to the handling of the bike.