PDA

View Full Version : Confession time

Sentox
5th April 2010, 16:50
I rode like a bit of a squid. Definitely not happy with the choices I made. These misdemeanours took place in a canyon-y area, possibly located near my current location. Or not, you never know.

If you're that rider I got fairly close to when pulling out to pass, I apologise. I was a dick :( And if you're those cars I had to dive back in front of, I also apologise. I was definitely a dick.

Now to make sure it doesn't happen again. Seems all too easy to get carried away on these two-wheeled things :mellow:

Thaeos
6th April 2010, 00:56
Seems all too easy to get carried away on these two-wheeled things :mellow: It's definitlely tempting. I can't really stand driving a car anymore..

Urano
6th April 2010, 07:47
oh, don't be so boring: everyone does dumb things on the bike, and much more dumb in a car.
it's the human way of gettin older....

;)

sinfull
6th April 2010, 08:04
Me too and i'd like to say something to the thousands of ppl i've carved up over the years, the rider i came within inches of his bars yesterday,
The guy/chick in the red car who pulled out on my leg while i was beside them in the passing lane, i'm sorry we all jumped the cue and passed the lot of you, instead of waiting till you had pulled out to pass the camper but really, was that nesessary ? I really felt like coming back and taking your mirror off, but was having too much fun being the squid !

I'd like to say a big fat heart felt FUCK YOU to all those who don't like the way i ride !

Wow your right sentox, i feel way better getting that off my chest !

MSTRS
6th April 2010, 08:48
So you may or not have been this guy? http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/121442-Dangerous-riding-out-to-Kaiaua?p=1129708230#post1129708230

Sentox
6th April 2010, 08:54
So you may or not have been this guy? http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/121442-Dangerous-riding-out-to-Kaiaua?p=1129708230#post1129708230

Haha... I feel pretty safe in saying that guy makes me look like a saint. I may have done some silly passes, but at least they weren't actually on blind corners :mellow:

oh, don't be so boring: everyone does dumb things on the bike, and much more dumb in a car.
it's the human way of gettin older....

;)

Sometimes it's the human way to stop getting older too :laugh:

Princesszxr
17th April 2010, 16:25
I rode like a bit of a squid. Definitely not happy with the choices I made. These misdemeanours took place in a canyon-y area, possibly located near my current location. Or not, you never know.

If you're that rider I got fairly close to when pulling out to pass, I apologise. I was a dick :( And if you're those cars I had to dive back in front of, I also apologise. I was definitely a dick.

Now to make sure it doesn't happen again. Seems all too easy to get carried away on these two-wheeled things :mellow:

least your honest. that shows maturity...doesnt it? please tell me you at least made it home this arvo?! lol and at least you werent on the ph. wat was it? 65demerits you were saying? :mobile:

Cayman911
17th April 2010, 16:33
Everyone gets into a situation where they feel shit about it after, can say i have.

but thought you may wana take a look at this. if you aint riding like this, you're in the good

<object width="840" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cXuORVo-eQo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cXuORVo-eQo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="840" height="505"></embed></object>

Oh and i would put money on those guys being dead by now

Princesszxr
17th April 2010, 17:46
Does that comment at the end translate to mean "im a dumbass!" ??

325rocket
17th April 2010, 17:57
dont beat yourself up. its when you dont know youre being a fuckhead that you have problems.

george formby
17th April 2010, 18:30
Me too, my hands up! Now & again I plain old fuck up. My apologies to the car drivers who no doubt came close to soiling themselves on the Kaipara loop on boxing day. Their was plenty of room & I was through before you could react but I bet you were as suprised as me & probably a tad annoyed. Another blind dip to add to the list. That could be me.

Will
17th April 2010, 18:47
OK Me too, I am putting my hands up. Over the past 40 years I too am guilty of scaring the shit out of people, including my partner.
My Bad.
Sorry
There have been some bloody close calls.
But proof of the pudding is I am still here, and riding.

carver
17th April 2010, 18:51
I rode drunk last night with no protective gear on at all, and did 2 up wheelies to a crowd outside the house the party was at.
sidewinder was on the back, and we beat r6kid's attempts..
it was dangerous, irresponsible, and i dont give a fuck

Jayka
17th April 2010, 19:45
I rode drunk last night with no protective gear on at all, and did 2 up wheelies to a crowd outside the house the party was at.
sidewinder was on the back, and we beat r6kid's attempts..
it was dangerous, irresponsible, and i dont give a fuck

YOU'RE A F#@KEN DUMBASS!!!!!!
Doing wheelies is one thing, but doing it drunk! come on get a f#@ken brain!!!!

Sentox
18th April 2010, 08:48
Does that comment at the end translate to mean "im a dumbass!" ??

According to google, it's "God is with me". Pretty accurate, I'd say. God may not be so forgiving next time, though :p

Mind you, it's not just motorised two wheelers who are crazy:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/36R8nL2x0D4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/36R8nL2x0D4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Maha
18th April 2010, 09:37
The Manawatu Gorge is no place to be caught short eh?

carver
18th April 2010, 13:12
YOU'RE A F#@KEN DUMBASS!!!!!!
Doing wheelies is one thing, but doing it drunk! come on get a f#@ken brain!!!!

come on son, the mega few wanted a showdown, and drunk or not, the mormons would not back down

Jayka
18th April 2010, 16:03
come on son, the mega few wanted a showdown, and drunk or not, the mormons would not back down

Dont say come on son to me!!!
Stupid antics like that is the reason people get hurt or killed!!!!! What would have happened if you crapped off??? You said that you werent wearing any protective gear, so Im guessing it would have fucken hurt alot!!!!
Pranks like that is a contributing reason why they are making licensing harder and ACC levies higher!!!

My original comment still stands "GET A FUCKEN BRAIN!"

Toaster
18th April 2010, 16:15
. if you aint riding like this, you're in the good

So english is no longer a compulsory subject at school?!

Toaster
18th April 2010, 16:19
I rode drunk last night with no protective gear on at all, and did 2 up ...

So who was the drunk you rode? And you didn't wear protection? Naughty! Itchy yet???

Maha
18th April 2010, 16:23
So who was the drunk you rode? And you didn't wear protection? Naughty! Itchy yet???

Drunk Williams, everyone knows Drunk Williams in Hamilton.

quickbuck
18th April 2010, 16:27
Stupid antics like that is the reason people get hurt or killed!!!!! What would have happened if you crapped off??? You said that you werent wearing any protective gear, so Im guessing it would have fucken hurt alot!!!!
Pranks like that is a contributing reason why they are making licensing harder and ACC levies higher!!!

You'll get used to what Carver says if you hang around here long enough.....
Don't get too wound up about it... That is what he is after.

Cayman911
18th April 2010, 16:37
So english is no longer a compulsory subject at school?!

Oh forgive me miss, do i still get an A?<_<

carver
18th April 2010, 16:59

waaaaahhhh, come on son, dont cry about it.
it was fun, and i am not sorry.
I didn't think i would fall off, so i did not bother with gear, and seeing as I made the other guy not wear protective gear too, it was only fair

drunk, no helmets, pillion drunk too, and disqualified, while performing a wheelstand.

you should try it some time, jump on the back of a bike with me and we can have a few drinks and sort things out.
oh, ask R6kid what he thought about it.
he'd probably agree that you need to harden up a bit

haha, well, it is hamilton!

Toaster
18th April 2010, 17:00
V8 weekend and it all goes to custard!!!

kiwifruit
18th April 2010, 17:02
Bloody cyclists!

R6_kid
18th April 2010, 17:53
YOU'RE A FUCKEN DUMBASS!!!!!!
Doing wheelies is one thing, but doing it drunk! come on get a fucken brain!!!!

If you're going to swear on the internet at least have the balls to type the world in full without substituting letters for symbols.

The Mormons don't need protective gear because they are protected by God. I had their blessing so felt pretty safe about it.

bluebird
18th April 2010, 19:28
Holy f**k! what retards. Has Darwin's therory got them yet?

carver
18th April 2010, 21:42

25 years and still waiting n00b

R6_kid
18th April 2010, 21:45

Maybe Darwin was wrong? You're only a retard if you attempt such feats of awesomeness when you lacked the skill to do it in the first place.

bogan
18th April 2010, 21:49
cos its still just a theory init! If it get to a law like newtons did, then:crazy: goneski's

Though I don't condone drunken wheelies, as long as nobody else was put in danger who gives a shit. Next time it may be a better comp if theres distance involved, ie biggest wheelie in the 25m before that brick wall :shit: the other day I figured out I can put my cr on the back wheel for a good 6m in our 20odd m back yard :D

Chrislost
19th April 2010, 11:20
Maybe Darwin was wrong? You're only a retard if you attempt such feats of awesomeness when you lacked the skill to do it in the first place.

Protective gear is there to compinsate for your own lack of skill. f you has the skill, why have the gear?
Provided you have eliminated outside factors like u-turning police cars and tourists on teh wrong side of the road...

Sentox
19th April 2010, 11:30
Protective gear is there to compinsate for your own lack of skill. f you has the skill, why have the gear?
Provided you have eliminated outside factors like u-turning police cars and tourists on teh wrong side of the road...

That's the catch, though. I could spend a few hours thinking of various extrinsic factors that have to be controlled for.

Not wearing gear is kind of like smoking, in one sense. Ostensibly, it's your problem, but when you get dragged off to our Crown-funded healthcare system, everyone pays.

The Manawatu Gorge is no place to be caught short eh?

Amen. Illegal or not, I don't consider it unsafe by default to pass there (well, at least not in the parts with good visibility)... but it's not the place to bite off more than you can chew.

R6_kid
19th April 2010, 19:28
That's the catch, though. I could spend a few hours thinking of various extrinsic factors that have to be controlled for.

Go on then... write me a list. I'll be sure to check them all off next time I think of doing wheelies on a motorbike after having a few beers.

carver
19th April 2010, 19:45
Go on then... write me a list. I'll be sure to check them all off next time I think of doing wheelies on a motorbike after having a few beers.

yes, i will too....

R6_kid
19th April 2010, 19:55
yes, i will too....

We can double check it and be double safe.

Sentox
19th April 2010, 20:01

Hmmm.... no.

carver
19th April 2010, 20:06
Hmmm.... no.

you people dont know how to have fun

Sentox
19th April 2010, 20:08
you people dont know how to have fun

I figured the aim was to get me all up in arms and shouting from the rooftops while you guys had a good laugh at my expense. Not really my thing.

For the record though, my comment was referring to general riding, not confined stunting. If people want to wheelie drunk outside someone's house, whatever.

carver
19th April 2010, 20:24
I figured the aim was to get me all up in arms and shouting from the rooftops while you guys had a good laugh at my expense. Not really my thing.

For the record though, my comment was referring to general riding, not confined stunting. If people want to wheelie drunk outside someone's house, whatever.

well, it was on a public road

Sentox
19th April 2010, 20:41
well, it was on a public road

I wasn't under the impression you owned your own road ;) Seriously, though, someone popping a few wheelies isn't about to get me hyperventilating. There's a lot more important things to worry about, like burning my toast. Unless the wheelie kills some kittens, then I'll be upset.

carver
19th April 2010, 21:13
I wasn't under the impression you owned your own road ;) Seriously, though, someone popping a few wheelies isn't about to get me hyperventilating. There's a lot more important things to worry about, like burning my toast. Unless the wheelie kills some kittens, then I'll be upset.

good man, noting like riding pissed to have a few giggles eh

R6_kid
19th April 2010, 22:38
Unless the wheelie kills some kittens, then I'll be upset.

Point taken, I'll try harder next time.

Morcs
19th April 2010, 22:41
Point taken, I'll try harder next time.
10 chars

Cayman911
19th April 2010, 23:06
good man, noting like riding pissed to have a few giggles eh

Riding pissed naked?

carver
20th April 2010, 17:45
Riding pissed naked?

almost done it but only through hamilton in my underwear

quickbuck
20th April 2010, 20:25
almost done it but only through hamilton in my underwear

Was that in case you accidently fell into the river :shutup:

R-Soul
21st April 2010, 12:30

Keep in mind the warning from my other thread - "scary suituation...".

When you ride with ego you tend to get into stupid stuatons because ego overrides common sense. Is it worth risking lives because you want to pass now and not two turns later?

Also, when you are passing on a bike - remember there are twodistinct stages - actually passing, and being able to return to your lane, in control, without hitting the next corner way too fast....

Sentox
21st April 2010, 20:18
Keep in mind the warning from my other thread - "scary suituation...".

When you ride with ego you tend to get into stupid stuatons because ego overrides common sense. Is it worth risking lives because you want to pass now and not two turns later?

Also, when you are passing on a bike - remember there are twodistinct stages - actually passing, and being able to return to your lane, in control, without hitting the next corner way too fast....

Your thread pretty much nails the issue that gets me into trouble: not the initial decision to pass, but "just one more" syndrome.

carver
21st April 2010, 21:25
Was that in case you accidently fell into the river :shutup:

not a chance, but i will say that it was in winter, and sidewinder was in front of me doing the same thing

quickbuck
21st April 2010, 22:02
not a chance, but i will say that it was in winter, and sidewinder was in front of me doing the same thing

Hell, don't want to take that out of context.....