PDA

View Full Version : New flag for NZ?

MSTRS
6th July 2005, 09:45
Seems the debate is re-opened.....
Do we have the numbers to get this through?

bugjuice
6th July 2005, 09:56
hell yeah!!!
Team KB - Fuck Yeah!!!!

placidfemme
6th July 2005, 10:37
*would vote for that flag*

Coyote
6th July 2005, 10:44
You're being racist, there's no koru on it

Lou Girardin
6th July 2005, 10:44
A new NZ flag. Great, looks much better than those ones with ferns and shit all over them.
It'll raise biker awareness too.

Waylander
6th July 2005, 10:46
Reverse the colours. Yellow on black.

John
6th July 2005, 11:09
:lol: hahaha...
I just went and got my maori licence, and claimed a ferrari on my land:yes:

Nice flag...:yes:

Silage
6th July 2005, 13:12
:lol: hahaha...
I just went and got my maori licence, and claimed a ferrari on my land:yes:

Nice flag...:yes:

Did you have to go to Gisborne for the license or can they send it by bush telegraph?

As for the flag - great idea. I have been thinking of trying to make a biggish one like that to fly at rallies so that KBers can meet up. Especially when the weather is cool, showing the T-shirt can lead to frostbite.

John
6th July 2005, 13:16
Did you have to go to Gisborne for the license or can they send it by bush telegraph?

Funny story, 3 large maoris turned up at my hotel (lol) and gave it to me, also demanded 3k rent a week ...

placidfemme
6th July 2005, 13:18
Funny story, 3 large maoris turned up at my hotel (lol) and gave it to me, also demanded 3k rent a week ...

lol guess you'll have to sell your new Ferrari then... :rofl:

placidfemme
6th July 2005, 13:18
As for the flag - great idea. I have been thinking of trying to make a biggish one like that to fly at rallies so that KBers can meet up. Especially when the weather is cool, showing the T-shirt can lead to frostbite.

Thats a great idea... Would be col if you could make little flags too for KB members to buy and play with or put on display...

slofox
6th April 2010, 10:22
Never really liked any of the suggested designs for a "new" NZ flag...until I saw this one...

Bren
6th April 2010, 10:33
Never really liked any of the suggested designs for a "new" NZ flag...until I saw this one...

now THAT shows you up as a racist bigoted person....Are you a supporter of our mate Winston Peters???

JimO
6th April 2010, 11:31
now THAT shows you up as a racist bigoted person....Are you a supporter of our mate Winston Peters???

could always send all the coconuts home to make room

slofox
6th April 2010, 13:46

Nah. This is "jokes and 'umour." Not "rant 'n rave..."

Urano
6th April 2010, 19:03
oh well.... nice to know.... i haven't bought the ticket yet... maybe i can still learn a little chinese...

YellowDog
7th April 2010, 14:37
It's the only way you won't get executed after the revolution.

EJK
7th April 2010, 14:39
Just have a "No vacancy" neon light on.

mashman
26th February 2014, 08:17
"The poll also showed only two per cent of voters identify changing the flag as a pressing issue." (http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/21698642/most-voters-dont-want-to-change-the-flag/#)... Would they be in marketing and advertising dyareckon?

Maybe I shoulda taken Slofox's thread on there being a new flag from 2010 (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/121489-New-flag-for-NZ?highlight=flag)... More patriotic than this one.

To be honest, I think we should go with something that reflects the people more. A white chicken on a white background... just like this

http://cdn.frontpagemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/white-flag-Small.jpg

Although they should give it a nice mahogany pole to class it up and really bring out the white.

Please move to R&R or even PD... my apologies.

SMOKEU
26th February 2014, 08:22
The flag should be changed to a pig covered in pieces of bacon. That should help keep the snackbarists out.

26th February 2014, 09:19
could always send all the coconuts home to make room

Plenty of room on Stewart Island...<_<

jasonu
26th February 2014, 13:23
Plenty of room on Stewart Island...<_<

or just a bit south of it...:yes:

Banditbandit
27th February 2014, 16:27

Naaa bro .. being racist would be to appropriate the koru without permission ... then we'd have to burn your flag .. :bleh: :yes:

Akzle
27th February 2014, 19:34
thez some funny coons up here. Murray flag (red and black with white koru) with nz ensign flown upside down underneath.

No federated tribes flag tho...hm.

ZeroIndex
27th February 2014, 19:49
I saw this design a while ago... I must admit, I'm a fan of this and would be quite happy to have this replace the current one.

http://i.imgur.com/jW41Gf3.png

The Reibz
27th February 2014, 19:56
no offence, but the silver fern is strictly a sporting symbol only. IMO.
There is no need for it to be on a NZNF as not all NZ'ers can identify it. I could not see that shit flying from a NZ warship although we did fly the all blacks flag from our ship during the RWC.

After 2 world wars being fought under the current flag I personally think it need not be changed.

ZeroIndex
27th February 2014, 20:04
as with the flag I posted, it isn't simply a silver fern... blue background changed to black, to represent our countries sporting background... which even though I'm not into sports (apart from MotoGP), the southern cross... which is on our current flag... and the silver fern, to replace the union jack. Also, why do we still pay homage to the British Empire / Queen? ...we should find a new anthem too

Akzle
27th February 2014, 20:29
hae guyz, this shits so boring lol and totz duznt matter.
havnt u herd abt k8y perryz bewbs?
Boobies for flag! Yay nz!

ZeroIndex
27th February 2014, 20:55
Men look at boobs for the same reason a little kid looks at puppies in a cage... we just want to set them free and play with them.

oldrider
27th February 2014, 21:07
I saw this design a while ago... I must admit, I'm a fan of this and would be quite happy to have this replace the current one.

"World wide" that represents (to the majority) a white feather (representing cowardise) and four Russian red stars on black pirate background! :rolleyes:

How many of the 4 million New Zealanders know about the silver fern and the Southern Cross? :confused:

Akzle
27th February 2014, 21:13
Men look at boobs for the same reason a little kid looks at puppies in a cage... we just want to set them free and play with them.

ive never wanted to slap my face with two dogs.

Nor lick them.

Akzle
27th February 2014, 21:17
"World wide" that represents (to the majority) a white feather (representing cowardise) and four Russian red stars on black pirate background! :rolleyes:

How many of the 4 million New Zealanders know about the silver fern and the Southern Cross? :confused:

pretty sure that feather is a nz - tui thing.
Peace and doves and stuf.

As for poiiiirrates! I vote yaaaarrgh!

Robbo
27th February 2014, 21:22
The old flag debate again..decisions, decisions..:laugh:

Yamahardman
27th February 2014, 21:45
i think the current one is great.

it sums nz up, we're part of the commonwealth, the southern cross can be seen from here, and we're two islands situated in an ocean.
As for the union jack, it stays, because remember, we are all subjects of her majesty, the queen, Elizabeth the second.

http://www.edelweisspatterns.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/queen-elizabeth-ball-gown.png
God save the queen.

Berries
27th February 2014, 22:01
ive never wanted to slap my face with two dogs.
Nor lick them.
You should head down south for a night out with the Ingham sisters.

That'd change your mind.

Swoop
28th February 2014, 11:27
"World wide" that represents (to the majority) a white feather (representing cowardise) and four Russian red stars on black pirate background!
I was thinking Chinese red stars...

Have to agree with Zero. The anthem HAS to go! Sounds like it was written by a manic depressive in a mental institution.

MSTRS
28th February 2014, 14:09
Have to agree with Zero. The anthem HAS to go! Sounds like it was written by a manic depressive in a mental institution.

Plus it's inappropriate in a secular society that refuses to teach anything religious in state schools...."God defend our free land" ?? Ya wot ???

Swoop
28th February 2014, 14:13
Plus it's inappropriate in a secular society that refuses to teach anything religious in state schools...."God defend our free land" ?? Ya wot ???
Well, it's not like we have any armed forces to defend us...

mstriumph
28th February 2014, 14:23
I like the current one ... except it's too like Australia's ...
a subtle change, perhaps, like silver ferns in the stars instead of red stars?
Heck, unless something universally-acclaimed comes along, let's leave it as it is?

Banditbandit
28th February 2014, 14:28
http://www.edelweisspatterns.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/queen-elizabeth-ball-gown.png

I'd hit it - NICE tits ..

bogan
28th February 2014, 14:31
Heck, unless something universally-acclaimed comes along, let's leave it as it is?

I've got it. Send the SAS over to change theirs. Just yell out, hey that baby just got taken by a dingo, then run up the new flag while they are preoccupied...

Katman
28th February 2014, 16:22
no offence, but the silver fern is strictly a sporting symbol only.

For an ex-serviceman you surprise me.

How many NZ serviceman graves do you think there are?

oldrider
28th February 2014, 16:58

The current NZ flag has been in existence much longer than has been the Australian one ... what does that tell you! ... Pavlova anyone? :blip:

Robbo
28th February 2014, 17:21
I'd hit it - NICE tits ..

Maybe in its day but have you seen it lately? :rolleyes:

Swoop
28th February 2014, 18:53
Maybe in its day but have you seen it lately? :rolleyes:
Fuck off. Grab-A-granny!
I'm with Bandit!:blip:

... You HAVE seen the Ali-G movies...? "shaven haven. - Respeck!!":rofl:

Robbo
28th February 2014, 19:21
Fuck off. Grab-A-granny!
I'm with Bandit!:blip:

... You HAVE seen the Ali-G movies...? "shaven haven. - Respeck!!":rofl:

Not so sure about your taste in women there Swoop but i guess if that's your thing then here's one that will probably interest you.

No need to thank me.

Cheers :niceone:

Akzle
28th February 2014, 19:50
Not so sure about your taste in women there Swoop but i guess if that's your thing then here's one that will probably interest you.

No need to thank me.

Cheers :niceone:

you really should put you mother in a home...

Berries
28th February 2014, 22:08
My home.

:buggerd:

mashman
15th October 2014, 19:38
Key wants progress on flag referendum (https://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/25262819/key-wants-progress-on-flag-referendum/)... good to know where a party's priorities lie.

awa355
15th October 2014, 20:13
Key wants progress on flag referendum (https://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/25262819/key-wants-progress-on-flag-referendum/)... good to know where a party's priorities lie.

Gets the public and media squabbling about nothing while the nats get on with the dirty work of screwing the country.

mashman
15th October 2014, 20:33
Gets the public and media squabbling about nothing while the nats get on with the dirty work of screwing the country.

True, should start november 5th just as they're getting ready for another round of TPP nonsense. Makes ya wonder if the changing of the flag is to signify a change of ownership, or at least a new majority shareholder in nz inc :shifty:.

Akzle
15th October 2014, 20:57
True, should start november 5th just as they're getting ready for another round of TPP nonsense. Makes ya wonder if the changing of the flag is to signify a change of ownership, or at least a new majority shareholder in nz inc :shifty:.

you sneaky fuck.

I vote
http://simpsonswiki.com/w/images/thumb/4/43/Australia.png/250px-Australia.png

Erelyes
15th October 2014, 21:00
Personally I want to see a referendum on it. Our flag fails on plenty of the basic 'how to design a good flag' elements. I've yet to see a convincing argument for why it's actually a good flag....

Often people cite its 'history', people that fought under it, etc. Fought under what, exactly? A symbol of repression of Maori. As soon as the Treaty was signed, the United Tribes flag was ditched and replaced by the Union Flag.

The Treaty of Waitangi was a pretty colossal fuckup by all accounts, but its changing the flag was somehow a great move despite the flag now looking similar to 20 others out there?

To me, as long as the current flag's in place we have 0% chance of actually forming a cohesive nation.

We could learn a lot from Canada (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Canadian_Flag_Debate), although we're about fifty years tardy (so far).

oldrider
15th October 2014, 21:30
you sneaky fuck.

I vote
http://simpsonswiki.com/w/images/thumb/4/43/Australia.png/250px-Australia.png

Sorry Akzle there should be no individual personalities involved in the flag design .... you can't have your picture on it! :oi-grr: (The arsehole on the bottom right!) :nya:

Motu
15th October 2014, 21:39

First thing a newly elected government does is give themselves a pay rise.

mashman
15th October 2014, 22:17
Personally I want to see a referendum on it. Our flag fails on plenty of the basic 'how to design a good flag' elements. I've yet to see a convincing argument for why it's actually a good flag....

Often people cite its 'history', people that fought under it, etc. Fought under what, exactly? A symbol of repression of Maori. As soon as the Treaty was signed, the United Tribes flag was ditched and replaced by the Union Flag.

The Treaty of Waitangi was a pretty colossal fuckup by all accounts, but its changing the flag was somehow a great move despite the flag now looking similar to 20 others out there?

To me, as long as the current flag's in place we have 0% chance of actually forming a cohesive nation.

We could learn a lot from Canada (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Canadian_Flag_Debate), although we're about fifty years tardy (so far).

:killingme. That'll take more than a flag change, but love the optimism. Given that this flag thing is gonna cost a feckload of cash, couldn't we buy some technology for schools instead or summink? Maybe vote on the flag in a few years once the economy is humming like a well oiled cohesive machine :shifty:. Maybe we could have a referendum on whether we should have a referendum on the flag or not lol.

mashman
15th October 2014, 22:18
you sneaky fuck.

I vote
Iza good boy, iza removed embedded image massa, dont fract me

Give it the nickname of Jacksey, and it'll be the best I've seen.

Berries
15th October 2014, 23:18
My home.
I never said that.

Personally I want to see a referendum on it. Our flag fails on plenty of the basic 'how to design a good flag' elements.
It's the right shape and it has stars on it, what more do you want? What is a referendum going to prove when you have your own personal opinion anyway?

It's only a flag, I couldn't give a shit, but the black one with a white feather is a bit dodgy isn't it? You might as well pick an endangered species as your national symbol while you are at it.

Akzle
16th October 2014, 03:06

hah. Ensign.