PDA

View Full Version : The Badger gets her restricted

thebadger
6th April 2010, 16:56
WOOP WOOP!

Bolted my l-plate on this morning, 30 minutes and one realllllllllllllllllly shit awful u-turn later I have my restricted!

I stressed about it...it wasn't so hard. Relieved it's over! Now the 6 month wait until I can get my full (yay for being over 25!)

Handy Hint: if you have crappy hearing in one ear, like I do DON'T put the earpiece for the radio thingy on your bad ear! Doh...

sels1
6th April 2010, 17:03
Congrats
Now the fun begins....

BikerDazz
6th April 2010, 17:07
WOOP WOOP!

Bolted my l-plate on this morning, 30 minutes and one realllllllllllllllllly shit awful u-turn later I have my restricted!

I stressed about it...it wasn't so hard. Relieved it's over! Now the 6 month wait until I can get my full (yay for being over 25!)

Handy Hint: if you have crappy hearing in one ear, like I do DON'T put the earpiece for the radio thingy on your bad ear! Doh...

Sweet, well done! :wari:
I assume you do know that if you do a defensive driving course you can cut the time to full licence down to 3 months?

Sauerkraut
7th April 2010, 09:55
Congrats! Can't wait to get mine, another three months to go.

CookMySock
7th April 2010, 10:12
I stressed about it...it wasn't so hard. Relieved it's over!What would you say to those about to do their restricted test, and are scared shitless?

Steve

ejc
7th April 2010, 14:20
WOOP WOOP!

I also sat my restricted test yesterday and had the same problem with my ear piece! It didn't help my nerves at all.

I hesitated too long at an intersection where I shouldn't have at an intersection, but the driver of the car looked more scared than me! I nearly failed on that alone, but after my explanation the man testing me decided it was better to have cautious riders on the road.

thebadger
7th April 2010, 14:33
What would you say to those about to do their restricted test, and are scared shitless?

Steve

I guess I'd say that it's not actually that hard, and that the hardest part is being nervous. I did a couple of really goofy things that I wouldn't have done had I not been sitting the test (like forgetting where the horn was when the tester asked me to show him it worked!) So yeah, big deep breaths seemed to do the trick!

thebadger
7th April 2010, 14:38
Sweet, well done! :wari:
I assume you do know that if you do a defensive driving course you can cut the time to full licence down to 3 months?

Yup I do know that, but to be honest I don't think I'm going to have the time in the next few months to actually do the course. So may as well just wait it out I guess.

Old Steve
8th April 2010, 21:56
Bolted my l-plate on this morning

I assume you've been riding around without your L plate on? I've thought I'll drop my L plate off some time soon. I've had my 6L for 8 weeks now, had my bike for 5 weeks and done 1900 km.

But what are the chances of being caught without your L plate? I suppose I could leave the cable ties on and pretend I hadn't noticed that it had fallen off :blink:

Thaeos
8th April 2010, 22:27
I assume you've been riding around without your L plate on? I've thought I'll drop my L plate off some time soon. I've had my 6L for 8 weeks now, had my bike for 5 weeks and done 1900 km.

But what are the chances of being caught without your L plate? I suppose I could leave the cable ties on and pretend I hadn't noticed that it had fallen off :blink:

Dunno what your chances are around Tauranga in the town but I've been riding around Auckland plus up to wellsford ish or down to miranda ish, even to tauranga and back for the past oh 5 or 6 months, and i've only been pulled up once, which was for going 100 and no l-plate. I'm never going to stick to 70.... and L-plates look dumb. Those are my only real reasons.

Gone Burger
8th April 2010, 22:43
congratulations.

I too did a hopeless u-turn and passed my resticted 3 months ago. Basically walked the bike around and he didn't say a thing! Odd?

I am also over 25 and am doing my defensive driving course next week to knock the next 3 months wait time off my licence. I seem to be far too impatient to wait the full six months to upgrade bikes. You might find the same thing. I thought a couple of months ago, ah just wait it out... but 3 months into it and im ITCHING to have my full.

Good luck and enjoy going 100 (legally) :)

sil3nt
9th April 2010, 18:19
Congrats! 6 Month wait until my full if i do a course. Bloody long time :(