PDA

View Full Version : A new Mule to play with.

roadracingoldfart
6th April 2010, 18:54
Its been several months in the making and spurns from a prototype i built in about 1991 ish.

The first shake down on the new creation for Scracha had its first outing at the Central Districts ride day on Sat over Easter.
Steevie came all the way down to chuck a leg over the beast to see if it was ok before the VMCC series starts .
Ive spent close to 200 hours fitting , modifying , filing , levering , cursing and tool throwing but finally its done .
The end result is a CBR600 forced into a CBR400 frame and the Post Classic Junior class possible winner has shown it will breath eough fire to make a challenge at the front.
Its a very simple recipe (put a big motor in a small frame ) but the amount of work is mind boggling and yet after riding it at Manfeild its all so worth it as the thing as a missile down the straights and takes advantage of the nimble frame from the 400 which is legendary in my own opinion.
Out of the box i would say its a 8.5 out of 10 and yet the potential is endless for development of both the frame and engine specs.

I hope Steevie has as much fun racing it as i did debuting it on the track , i was nervous but soon ellated.

If this sounds like a trumpet blowing ramble to anyone , im glad the theme got through , its an awesome bike and i built it . :shit: :shifty:

Paul.

Tony.OK
6th April 2010, 18:59
its an awesome bike and i built it . :shit: :shifty:

Paul.

Here's hoping ya don't need to keep rebuilding it :innocent:

Sorry Stevie......too easy

Someone told me they heard a skinny dude yelping n wailing down the pit straight, sounds like a hoot:yes:

GSVR
6th April 2010, 19:04
You going to try and get to race it in F3 as well. It should be ok becuase of its age right?

I would look forward to seeing this....

Go Paul

Mumbles
10th April 2010, 08:27
Steevie would NOT shut up about the dam bike all night! He is right Mondo happy with it Paul, but 200hrs man he owes you (and your family) big time!!
From most of the (sober) babble out of him would concur with your initial assessment thats its a rocket ship, that will now go around corners!!

scracha
11th April 2010, 13:15
Fuck, paul...I was trying to downplay it all just incase I land on my arse or do really badly in the first race. Hopefully this bad boy of a bike will somewhat overcome my average riding.

roadracingoldfart
11th April 2010, 13:41
Here's hoping ya don't need to keep rebuilding it :innocent:

Sorry Stevie......too easy

Someone told me they heard a skinny dude yelping n wailing down the pit straight, sounds like a hoot:yes:

Ummm that wasnt me , im a shy quiet type.

Steevie would NOT shut up about the dam bike all night! He is right Mondo happy with it Paul, but 200hrs man he owes you (and your family) big time!!
From most of the (sober) babble out of him would concur with your initial assessment thats its a rocket ship, that will now go around corners!!

Hes never able to shut up and hes seldon sober anyhow.

You going to try and get to race it in F3 as well. It should be ok becuase of its age right?

Ummm its a 600 so F3s out of the question really , but im working on a disguise for the bike. Watch this space.

Fuck, paul...I was trying to downplay it all just incase I land on my arse or do really badly in the first race. Hopefully this bad boy of a bike will somewhat overcome my average riding.

Ok folks , ive succomed to the Scottish pressure , ..... its a piece of crap and slow as a wet weed so no fears for anyone at all.
Even average riding will do Steevie , no point in trying to be more than you are aye mate !!!!!