PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Mom
7th April 2010, 20:07
Such a simple little word. One that tends to get thrown about without too much real feeling behind it. It is also one that sometimes comes slowly to our lips, we tend to take so much for granted. Being less than impressed is easier than stopping for a moment to say thank you. Complaining is what we are conditioned for. Concentrating on surviving the shite that our lives can be on a daily basis can make us hardened to the simple pleasure of just being.

I would like to say thanks. For me though the word is stupid and limited in its meaning and really is unable to express exactly how I feel, but encompasses everything I want to say.

I have had a bit of a health shock recently, and have been the recipient of some very intensive emergency medical treatment, that I am very, very thankful for.

From the 111 call taker, to the paramedic who sits calmly reassuring me that because he is calm I must be too, to the "hot" rapid response paramedic that meets your ambo on the side of the motorway, travelling under lights in an ambulance is actually not that exciting btw, to the doctors and nurses that treat you when you arrive in hospital, thank you.

To the 111 call taker the 2nd day, who got help for me (there is no better sound when you are in trouble than a siren heading your way) to the same paramedic that just held me steady in his calmness (though the effects of the meds he gave took hours to dissapate, no complaints mind, giving you the thumbs up, no air for words, when I could actually breathe easier was the best feeling) to the doctors and nurses that performed the classic double take when I arrived on day two. Thank you.

To my family, my lovely man, sorry for scaring the shit out of you, thank you for not really letting me know how worried you were, it will be ok if you guys are ok after all.

To my friends, thank you for your support. Thank you for supporting my family.

Basically all I want to say is THANKS. Use that word guys, think on it and take the time to use it.

Headbanger
7th April 2010, 20:12
STAY FUCKING HEALTHY.

Thanks.

MSTRS
7th April 2010, 20:13
Can I be the first to say, for all of us, YOU ARE WELCOME.

Laava
7th April 2010, 20:22
P.leased to see you made
I.t home in one piece
C.hick. Will catch up with you and Maha
S.oon. Love Al
!

Mom
7th April 2010, 20:29
PICS eh?

Purple was the new flesh colour there for a bit, here is a small pic of a small part of my leg. Thankfully I did not burst :D

Edbear
7th April 2010, 20:33
Can I be the first to say, for all of us, YOU ARE WELCOME.

I second that! :yes:

Sometimes we all need a reality check to remind us we're mortal and a bit fragile. Not that I'd ever wish upon anyone the scare you've been through! :bye:

It was great to be able to visit you though and see your sense of humour was well intact! :sunny:

We all wuvs you both... :love:

Fatt Max
7th April 2010, 21:46
Just luv you guys and so happy you are ok

You are an inspiration mate

I thank you for that

Now, dont scare the shit out of us like that again or so help me god I'll get my crutchless gimp outfit on and nail myself to your garage door.........and nobody wants that....

MadDuck
7th April 2010, 22:02
Thankfully I did not burst :D

Damn sure you got pretty close though :sick:

Glad you are home and out of that dingy old place.....