PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Shoot out

Sensei
18th May 2005, 18:37
Well just brought the new Two Wheels mag with the 1000cc shoot out
between the GSXR / ZX / R1 / MV / CBR
Well no guessing what Won is there : GSXR K5 1000 : . They tell you that in the first line of the write up . But still bloody good read on all 5 bikes . The MV1000 was very close to the GSXR & made the most HP & torque of all the Bikes not to bad pitty it cost so much . Go have a read if you are into a good run down on these Excellent Litre bikes :niceone:

Ghost Lemur
18th May 2005, 19:47
I wonder if Juan is going to upgrade his MV.

*How sad am I getting excited about the thought of someone else getting a sexy bike and posting pics to drool over*

SPORK
18th May 2005, 20:44
Woh! And I always thought the MV was lacking in power?! Stupid me! :doh:

That just makes me want one even more, to look at.

StoneChucker
18th May 2005, 21:58
I was all ready to say "yeah, but what does it look like... (the gixxer)" BUT, the MV is rather an attractive crotch companion :ride:

Ok, so the only bike I would trade up to, in sports bike terms, is the MV, Duc 999s or r or the aprilia factory

White trash
19th May 2005, 16:29
I was all ready to say "yeah, but what does it look like... (the gixxer)" BUT, the MV is rather an attractive crotch companion :ride:

Ok, so the only bike I would trade up to, in sports bike terms, is the MV, Duc 999s or r or the aprilia factory

Ummmmmm, you haven't even seen a K5 Gixxer yet, ya Wally.

Riff Raff
19th May 2005, 16:38
On that subject .... I have fallen totally and utterly in love with the farkin gorgeous black GSXR1000. Can someone please give me $22,000 - I'll let you drool over it in return (from at least 2 metres away from it).

wari
19th May 2005, 16:47
ANd whats winninda superr-stock and en-durants races atda mo' ? ... :spudwhat:

:ride:

White trash
19th May 2005, 16:53
ANd whats winninda superr-stock and en-durants races atda mo' ? ... :spudwhat:

:ride:

Mladin 1, Yates 2, Spies 3 at the last round of AMA Superbikes. All K5 mounted.

texmo
19th May 2005, 18:17
On that subject .... I have fallen totally and utterly in love with the farkin gorgeous black GSXR1000. Can someone please give me $22,000 - I'll let you drool over it in return (from at least 2 metres away from it).
Whats the 600 like?

Two Smoker
19th May 2005, 18:25
Whats the 600 like?

Farking gorgeous and mmmmmmmmmmm goodness *drool*

Hey Riff Raff.... how about you let me race it :msn-wink: ?

Kickaha
19th May 2005, 19:11

Can't they afford real bikes? :msn-wink:

Sensei
19th May 2005, 19:18
Can't they afford real bikes? :msn-wink:

Hey that cuts deep Kickaha

StoneChucker
19th May 2005, 19:26
I've seen pictures, and I've seen how "plain" Gixxers are in the past. Now listen, I'm talking looks alone... Did you not know I'm a poser!

Ghost Lemur
19th May 2005, 19:28

You still talking about those 2nd and 3rd rated competitions?

How ya doing in the real race?

*ducks into nuclear fallout shelter* :D

riffer
19th May 2005, 22:29
The new gixxer is verrrry nice in the flesh.

But a little small. People of more fuller proportions like you and me StoneChucker - we'd just look silly on them...

However, I was very surprised by how good that odd-looking muffler actually looks in the flesh.

The promotional pictures tended to really make it look large and ungainly, when it looks quite svelte and stylish...

Anyway, its too small, too fast, and the suspension is bloody harsh.

And if I had $22,000 it would be sitting in my gargre. I wouldn't care that it looks like a 400...

SPORK
19th May 2005, 22:34
To me the GSX-R 600 is far more sex than the thou. I just don't like the new fairing.

The Tazman
19th May 2005, 23:04
The new gixxer is verrrry nice in the flesh.

But a little small. People of more fuller proportions like you and me StoneChucker - we'd just look silly on them...

However, I was very surprised by how good that odd-looking muffler actually looks in the flesh.

The promotional pictures tended to really make it look large and ungainly, when it looks quite svelte and stylish...

Anyway, its too small, too fast, and the suspension is bloody harsh.

And if I had $22,000 it would be sitting in my gargre. I wouldn't care that it looks like a 400...

You are spot on with the looking better in the flesh there Riffer. In fact after seeing the new Muffler when you look at other standard ones they now look out of place!! I am looking forward to a test ride when the chance arises :D WT :whistle:

It is the best new looking bike I think. :niceone:

White trash
21st May 2005, 15:40

Bullshit.

You wanna see funny, have a gander one day at Stoney on my Minimoto or the kids quad.

That's right! :niceone:

Coyote
21st May 2005, 16:32
http://www.aprilia.com/models03/road/dati//foto_mod_pg_445_1095687443.jpg

XTC
21st May 2005, 18:32
If I was choosing on looks alone I would pick the R1 no contest....
And am I missing something or cant any one actually spell gargre correctly??

StoneChucker
22nd May 2005, 09:35
If I was choosing on looks alone I would pick the R1 no contest....
And am I missing something or cant any one actually spell gargre correctly??
Like a booming voice of reason from the sky, amidst a glorius ray of brilliant white sunlight...

And THAT is why I ride the R1, it's soooooo pretty :msn-wink:

And WhiteTrash... You fucken mongrel, thats the last fucken time I sit on your mini-moto or quadbike :mad: You dirty bitch, and here I was thinking you were laughing WITH me... hehe, ok, fairynuff I guess :msn-wink: