PDA

View Full Version : The Farm

99CR250
13th April 2010, 10:34
Http://www.thefarm.co.NZ, Anybody been there? What's the riding like? how far to the nearest fuel station, shops or beach? Thanks

barty5
13th April 2010, 11:04
Half of us on here went over easter awesome place go back ever chance we can there is a shop bout 10 back from when you get there as for fuel best to take as much as you can or want to riding is wicked heaps of tracks motox track etc etc defiantly recommend. Just ask oldskool bradz red rider chia green machine there is a huge list of people that will give it the thumbs up.

RiderInBlack
13th April 2010, 11:13
203955You will be riding one of the Norf Crews favourite roads Russell Rd. Ya can fuel before ya turn off SH1, Oakura Bay (which is close by but limited hours) and in Russell.

george formby
13th April 2010, 11:40
Nearest beach is just over the hill, lots of lovely bays to stop at en route. Good coffee & view at the Helena bay cafe / gallery. Grab your fuel & anything else you need before turning on to the Old Russell Road. I'm taking my girlfriend to the farm next Monday for a wee lesson & her first time on a bike. Hoping to have a blast myself, been years since I rode a dirt bike. I'm looking forward to it, heard lot's of good things & it is more or less local for me.

green machine
13th April 2010, 18:26
Half of us on here went over easter awesome place go back ever chance we can there is a shop bout 10 back from when you get there as for fuel best to take as much as you can or want to riding is wicked heaps of tracks motox track etc etc defiantly recommend. Just ask oldskool bradz red rider chia green machine there is a huge list of people that will give it the thumbs up.

Yep Barty's right.....2 thumbs up here,will be heading back when the next long weekend rolls around

99CR250
13th April 2010, 18:39
ok excellent, thanks.

besides the riding, what else up there is worth a visit? thanks for cafe suggestion

cheers

barty5
13th April 2010, 20:42
if your really keen you could ride a horse hahahaha or paddle a canoe but wouldn't you rather just ride :)

flyingcr250
13th April 2010, 20:45
Yep Barty's right.....2 thumbs up here,will be heading back when the next long weekend rolls around

me too!! ive been bitten by the farm bug

green machine
13th April 2010, 20:47
if your really keen you could ride a horse hahahaha or paddle a canoe but wouldn't you rather just ride :)

I concur,once you start riding around the trails,you won't want to do anything else,except maybe drink cold beer when your not riding.............

george formby
13th April 2010, 20:50
ok excellent, thanks.

besides the riding, what else up there is worth a visit? thanks for cafe suggestion

cheers

Good fishing off the rocks & good surf at Elliots bay, a bit further north from the farm. The colonial & historic delights of romantic Russell, a day learning the Old Russell road on a supermotard. Picking mushrooms in the morning.

Jinxycat
14th April 2010, 10:47
Picking mushrooms in the morning.

magic ones?

george formby
14th April 2010, 10:53
magic ones?

Big, fat field mushrooms. Om, nom, nom. Magic for brekkie. The little brown jobs do not go well with riding a bike...

DRFTHR
15th April 2010, 14:17
so are you aloud to take your own bikes up there or do you have to ride theres ?

noobi
15th April 2010, 15:09
so are you aloud to take your own bikes up there or do you have to ride theres ?

No, you can take your own. I think its $20 per night to camp and ride. Not sure what the riding fee is for just a day

DRFTHR
15th April 2010, 15:15
oh thats so kool il have to try and get the bf up there with our bikes :)

Dutchee
16th April 2010, 18:52
If you go to the Helena Bay Cafe on bikes, don't park in the carpark, but park in front of the workshop, or if the 4WD is in the carport, in front of that. The owner got a bit shitty with us for parking in the carpark the first day we went there, so the next day, when we went back for more good food (but we didn't dare go back into the gallery, enough money had been spent there the day before), parked in front of the workshop & he was all happy. Gorgeous dogs, some cool art, some expensive cool art and good food. I had a steak sandwich or something with mushroom sauce & it had whole/halved button mushrooms in it. Damn, makes me want to go back again just for the food (raining day 2 so no view, but we headed down to the farm to see Mike but he was away for the weekend).

Oh, there's an enduro coming up soon, so make sure if you're heading up there, it ain't that weekend.

daddycool651
17th April 2010, 15:43
I concur,once you start riding around the trails,you won't want to do anything else,except maybe drink cold beer when your not riding.............

I agree as well there Steve ... and when your not drinking cold beer ( or in my case rum ) we are all riding Greenmachine's mighty four fiddy ... roll on the next long weekend !!