PDA

View Full Version : Regular Sumo track days in/near Auckland?

Zulufoot
13th April 2010, 17:40
G'day peeps,

Are there any go-kart tracks or short circuits that are regularly available for track days near Auckland?

I land in June and I'm wondering if motarding in Auckland has a reasonable following and is worth it? otherwise its mx as an alternative, but I'm getting old now, so sumo is my preference..

NB, I don't want to ride on the street, circuits only, which can be limiting, hence my question.

Many thanks

Murray

Hotpoker
15th April 2010, 20:08
Seems like the Mt Wellington Kart Track may be open time to time for bucket racing. Not sure about sumo though.

Zulufoot
28th December 2010, 21:34
Boing! so is there still no Motarding around auckland yet? dying to get on a bike again, but I cant seem to find any tard action anywhere, hopefully you can tell me otherwise?

Hotpoker
30th December 2010, 22:52
Dunno to be honest. Try the Auckland Motorcycle Club - someone there should have the knowledge

racefactory
20th May 2011, 13:31
bump.

anyone know of anything?

Shorty_925
20th May 2011, 14:27
Check out : http://www.sportsground.co.nz/pmc

Usual once a month at the Kart track near Hastings. In summer the road race series is held at Taupo and Manfield which have had a Supermotard class for.

racefactory
21st May 2011, 15:06
Damn! Just too far. Wish there was something in Auckland. Maybe possible to organise racing at Hobsonville airbase where they usually do landsurfing and driver safety stuff?