PDA

View Full Version : Sidecar building.

yorkshire raceramesh
13th April 2010, 17:49
Hi everyone, just found this forum buried down at bottom of page!!
I raced outfits in UK for several years before coming to NZ, ( modern chairs but have always loved classics) Rode a couple of vintage outfits:blink: Years ago.
I'm just setting up a bike engineering business, mainly doing classic Jap restorations and specials but I want to get into classic sidecar building as well.
QUESTIONS:-
Is there anyone in Wellington/Hutt, Kapiti area who races who I can make contact with or who is thinking of building an outfit.
Have e-mailed classic racing reg a couple of times but not had any reply, anyone else I can get in touch with?
Be good to get in touch with anyone in classic sidecar scene just to get a feel for whats happening out there.

pete376403
13th April 2010, 21:38
Not into racing but are you interested in building/fabricating parts for a road sidecar to hang off a classic jap GS1100GK? I've lots of ideas but not the means (workshop and machine tools).

Also there is a good sidecar forum at http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

yorkshire raceramesh
14th April 2010, 00:05
MMMM!, not something I had even considered,but interested. Will drop you a PM. I'll check out website as well.

kiwisidecars
15th April 2010, 16:10
Have you checked out the rules etc on nzcmrr website, There are probably 25 classic and post classic sidecars racing here

CookMySock
15th April 2010, 22:58
Theres a bloke in my town who builds them. He's got a workshop and bike dyno too. Hours away from you though.

Steve

markc
16th April 2010, 06:24
Hi. There's a Classic Register race meeting on at Taupo this Sunday (18/4). There'll be plenty of sidecar guys there that would be worth having a chat with. Cheers, Mark

yorkshire raceramesh
16th April 2010, 20:46
Thanks Mark,
Not sure if I'll be able to make Taupo but will try. Is there anyone who runs classic sidecar side of club you would have contact details for in case I can't make it. You can PM me if you want.
Cheers. Dave.

markc
20th April 2010, 20:06
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your email. I'll get back to you via that.

Cheers, Mark

Kickaha
20th April 2010, 20:16
I raced outfits in UK for several years before coming to NZ

What kind did you race?

yorkshire raceramesh
20th April 2010, 22:43
Started off with GSX powered conventional Windle outfit, then uprated to a Baker rear engined again with GSX (Katana 1278) motor when we started doing Brit championship. We also had a formula 2 (CBR600) which we used for Isle of Man and Irish road race champs.