PDA

View Full Version : Electric Britten?

banditrider
14th April 2010, 18:43
It just ain't right: http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/4175/britten-v1000e-motorcycle-concept

R6_kid
14th April 2010, 19:50
Can't really see how it looks like the Britten at all, apart from the fact that it has two wheels. And it's not even blue and pink FFS!

steve_t
14th April 2010, 19:57
Yeah, looks like it should be a Kwaka V1000e

bogan
14th April 2010, 20:01
hmmm, that dude must have invented magic if he wants it to respect the britten name, or just hold it together :bleh:

EJK
14th April 2010, 20:24
Whoah what the fuck?

imdying
14th April 2010, 20:32
I understand that the different power plant allows for differences in design over conventional bikes, but why does that mean that alternatively powered bikes have to be so ugly?

bogan
14th April 2010, 20:37
I understand that the different power plant allows for differences in design over conventional bikes, but why does that mean that alternatively powered bikes have to be so ugly?

My thoughts exactly, which is why my KR-E, will look almost exactly like a KR-1, minus the pipes of course :D and the noise :(

steve_t
14th April 2010, 20:38
How do hubless wheels get braked?

R6_kid
14th April 2010, 20:39
Apparently the link between the two is that they are both "frameless". I also notice that the V1000E has no clipons/handle bars so you obviously ride it via telekinesis - a new spin on ride by wire?

bogan
14th April 2010, 20:40

they don't need to be if they aren't powered either :laugh:

banditrider
14th April 2010, 20:43

I've seen a few concept bikes with hubless wheels. Franco Sbarro is the man who came up with the idea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubless_wheel

steve_t
14th April 2010, 20:44
Guess it might end up being like this...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X3L7LyU6Bbc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X3L7LyU6Bbc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Lame... try this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJPTSaARlvs

Why won't it embed?

banditrider
14th April 2010, 20:53
Why won't it embed?

yJPTSaARlvs

steve_t
14th April 2010, 20:54
Cheers banditrider :niceone:

banditrider
14th April 2010, 20:58
Think I remember this one from a wee while ago...

More here: http://www.google.co.nz/images?hl=en&safe=off&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1&sa=1&q=%22franco+sbarro%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&start=0

onearmedbandit
14th April 2010, 22:39
Why has that even been given space in the interweb?

Urano
15th April 2010, 07:36
actually it's unbelievable that so many people try to make a mess with the "appearance" of bikes, which after all is the only thing that nowadays is really fine.
is hard to find a "ugly" bike.... well, not considering the honda dn 01 of course... :D :D

on the other hand nobody has still found a right point of view about engine evolution, which is the thing that we HAVE to change.
greenpeace and co have nothing to do with that, but, simply, we cannot afford anymore the thing of burning oil to move.
and that's not because of pollution (not only at least), but because we need much more the oil for chemical industries: try to think at the world around you without plastic...

the point is pretty amazing, cause after all the solution is pretty simple.
market poll: would you buy a 20.000 dollars bike with the dimensions and weight of a 600, with performance similar to a 400 (or maybe more), doing from 20 to 180 km per litre of diesel?
;)

Bikernereid
15th April 2010, 07:46
Looks like an instrument of torture and nothing like the beautiful machine that was the Britten. What was the dick thinking?

R6_kid
15th April 2010, 08:07
market poll: would you buy a 20.000 dollars bike with the dimensions and weight of a 600, with performance similar to a 400 (or maybe more), doing from 20 to 180 km per litre of diesel?
;)

It's called a TRX850 - but it only cost me $6000. It does 20km/L fairly easily - if you want to.

The Stranger
15th April 2010, 13:45
Looks like an instrument of torture and nothing like the beautiful machine that was the Britten.

And how would you know about instruments of torture?

Urano
16th April 2010, 07:47
It's called a TRX850 - but it only cost me $6000. It does 20km/L fairly easily - if you want to.

nope.
that is an incredibly ugly piece of steel, weighted as a tank and with the sound of a chilean sandwich takin its way through the bathroom...
and there's no way of reaching 180 km/l with that...

what i intended is instead a clever use of something that works perfectly for other scope, in no way different from a "normal" bike, with the sound of a thunder and much greener than everything you have on a street.
oh, and by the way: if you're tired of using diesel, you can convert it to methane in 30 minutes of "do-it-yourself" kiwi work...;)

and the answer to your next question is: because they have spent oceanic quantities of money to have what they have, and they are still selling it, so why should they change for?

motorbyclist
16th April 2010, 15:10
wooooohooooooo :yawn:

yet another "concept" with no actual concept as to how to actually manufacture, operate nor power it. The thing has no clear power transmission from the motor to wheels, no specs, no handlebars, and was probably made by some design diploma graduate with no clue about bike but thought using the name might entice a few views. Well he succeeded on that count.

and the sooner we go electric the better. let's start with those fucking busses can we? to bad the greenies are going to ruin it for themselves. i saw a video about some retard researchers putting speakers in electric vehicles to make engine noises for "pedestrian safety". apparently this "improves" the vehicle. - we want a silent city; pedestrians should look before they step.

/rant

R6_kid
16th April 2010, 19:29
nope.

It's a classic.

You said "from 20-180"... I've managed to stretch 16.5km/L and that's with 41mm FCR carbs and not accelerating gently or smoothly.

Urano
16th April 2010, 23:39
let's start with those fucking busses can we? to bad the greenies are going to ruin it for themselves. i saw a video about some retard researchers putting speakers in electric vehicles to make engine noises for "pedestrian safety". apparently this "improves" the vehicle. - we want a silent city; pedestrians should look before they step.

HUUUUGE QUOTE!!! :niceone::niceone:

It's a classic.
You said "from 20-180"... I've managed to stretch 16.5km/L and that's with 41mm FCR carbs and not accelerating gently or smoothly.

the up&down engine is a shit.
to shot a block of steel to 100 m/sec just to stop it and take it back is such a stupid idea that it would be thought interesting only in late 1800.
in fact... :D

with my ninja 650r i was in an average of 20 km/l, some of my pals managed to reach 22-24, but it's nearly impossible to do something more with a bike of similar performance nowadays...

what is possible, now, with technologies available and working everyday, is to have a bike that goes from a MINIMUM of 20 km/l to a maximum of about 180 km/l.
and reversing our everyday experience, you'll use LESS if you go faster, with weight of a 600 and probable performance of a good 400 cc...

now, go again to the answer given before... ;)