PDA

View Full Version : New in NZ

apes
17th April 2010, 11:04
I have just arrived in Wellington and got me work visa sorted, I now need to find a cheap bike until I get into permanent digs and have a garage, any recommendations for dealers likely to have some old bikes. Also is there any good meets or rideouts in the Wellington area cheers:yes:

Her_C4
17th April 2010, 11:16
Welcome to Windy Wellie (or should that be Whindy Whellie now?) Anyhoo check out the meetings and events forum HERE (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php/3-Meetings-and-Events). Plenty of rides organised for midweek and weekends. What kind of $$ are you looking to spend and where are you in Wellington?

BMWST?
17th April 2010, 11:20
I have just arrived in Wellington and got me work visa sorted, I now need to find a cheap bike until I get into permanent digs and have a garage, any recommendations for dealers likely to have some old bikes. Also is there any good meets or rideouts in the Wellington area cheers:yes:

old? bikes.define please,Wellington Motorcycles and TSS Red Barons had some older bikes the last time i looked

Ratti
22nd April 2010, 20:29
TSS dont have a heck of a lot. what cc are you after? They have a few reasonable ones around the 4oo range . prices starting about 3-4000. Phone and ask for Susan.

Might be worth looking in on Motorad as well. Carl is the one to talk to there.

Pete at Wgtn Motorcycles is a nice chap and may well be able to help. Crasherfromwayback is his kb name

Boyles in Adelaide road might be a good place to look as well. Really nice guys there, but I dont know what they have right now.

dealers dont really like to have older bikes in stock as they are hard to shift. But its always worth asking as they know who is trading stuff and might be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck