PDA

View Full Version : Crash Cages

v.ros`
19th May 2005, 09:26
Hi guys

I was just browsing the bike forums and came to know that there is this thing called a CRASH CAGE for the bike.

I knew there were those crash knobs thingy but this cages thing apparently looks protective to the bike.

Does anyone know if they sell this stuff here in Auckland, NZ and how much it would cost ? Or if i were to get one thru USA, anyone know how to fit it. Im sure i can do it myself but to be on the safe side, would rather do it with someone who knows what they are doing...

Regards

John
19th May 2005, 09:30
wonder if they are WOF'able?

Dont know anyone who specificly imports, most of the US guys make them - or get weilders/metalworkers to make them...

bugjuice
19th May 2005, 09:31
derrrr u goooo
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcbmw/c1.html
ghay

v.ros`
19th May 2005, 10:48
i didnt know bugjuice your 636 looks like that....

anyways, i got a rough price for those crash cages - around 275 USD Plus shipment.

Now regarding the WOF, i dont think it would be a problem as you not like adding or modifying the performance of your bike - just protecting it incase the inevitable occurs.

so my new question is anyone know how to fit this..?? or know of any mechanic who gets the job done...?

Regards

John
19th May 2005, 11:05
i didnt know bugjuice your 636 looks like that....

anyways, i got a rough price for those crash cages - around 275 USD Plus shipment.

Now regarding the WOF, i dont think it would be a problem as you not like adding or modifying the performance of your bike - just protecting it incase the inevitable occurs.

so my new question is anyone know how to fit this..?? or know of any mechanic who gets the job done...?

Regards
isnt it going to affect your cornering clearence - the US guys use some rather large ones, or is it a smaller one?

I think anyone should be able to fit em, you could even if you wanted - ask your local shop what they think.. but that cornering might be a problem? dont know I havent experienced nor seen them in real life... good luck either way

v.ros`
19th May 2005, 11:43
Have a look at the picture.

Im sure it wont affect your cornering even if you gonna slide on the knees...

anyways, ive emailed some company in US for the shipping charges for this and wether i need to modify my fairing or not...

guess only other option would be to put those crash knobs / frame sliders.

Regards

John
19th May 2005, 11:47
Have a look at the picture.

Im sure it wont affect your cornering even if you gonna slide on the knees...

anyways, ive emailed some company in US for the shipping charges for this and wether i need to modify my fairing or not...

guess only other option would be to put those crash knobs / frame sliders.

Regards
Wow that looks cool!, never seen the proper ones, your right they dont look as though they would be a major problem.

Hope you manage to get them in..