PDA

View Full Version : First decent long ride today

trailblazer
17th April 2010, 21:01
Well i have had my bike since august and usually my rides are only arount the 100k make but today i finally had a decent ride. Left whakatane around lunch time with the plan to head to vegas to go for a ride round the lake and to go for a blat done paradise valley rd. All up i done 240k's round trip back to home. Apart from it being a bit cool and a few bits of road works the road conditions were pretty good and all the cage drivers were all pretty considerate and let me passed without holding me up. really started to get the hang of how far i can lean the bike over and getting more and more confidance. Didn't see to many bikes out today but there were still a few out enjoying the day. :yes:

Maha
17th April 2010, 21:16
Round the Mountain would be fun on a bike, good little outting for a solo ride if all you have done in the past is 100k rides.
Just have to watch for leaves/wet patches coming into Autumn, those shaded areas can be a bit suss with ovenight dew etc.
Well done mate, you sound pleased with your effort? keep at it and enjoy.

trailblazer
17th April 2010, 23:05
yeah it was a fun ride round the mountain lots of nice flowing twistie bends and I only came across one car which pulled over and let me passed.

Old Steve
18th April 2010, 21:13
Hey, came down your way today, from Tauranga to Julians Berries with Ulysees Club - the berry place opened for us all to have a berry icecream - I turned back with 3 other riders while the rest went on to Opotiki for lunch.

We came down out of Tauranga to Paeangaroa and then turned off onto the Old Coach Road, first time I'd ever gone on that road and I was a little tense having only been on a bike six weeks/2400 km. But a nice run down and an easy ride home on SH2 - especially the Matata straights, loved clocking up a speed above the learner legal limit because I was "hidden" in with other riders.

trailblazer
19th April 2010, 21:24
wow 2400ks in 6 weeks. i have only just done 3000 since august last year.

Fatt Max
25th April 2010, 07:46
Great stuff mate.
Always good to get the first long ride done. Mine was from Howick to Tairua via Miranda and Kaiaua along the coast road. Loved it, especially the happy waving bikers along the way. Picked a great day weather wise, took my time, stopped off for a feed along the way (funny that) and just soaked it up......love it.....!!
Well done, the start of many no doubt!