PDA

View Full Version : So, what's the penalty for passing under yellow?

Kendog
18th April 2010, 20:21
There is a sneaky flag marshal on the left side of the straight, didn't see that yellow flag :shit:

The other rider 'claims' he slowed down :p
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t9tgw9qzTFc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t9tgw9qzTFc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

woodyracer
18th April 2010, 20:33
id have to agree with you, the marshel didnt present the flag very well.....

Dutchee
18th April 2010, 20:53
What was the reason for the yellow? (didn't see one).

As for the penalty, I'm sure it's usually a time penalty, or even disqualification. It is a serious issue and something riders should be aware of.

I know I was holding a yellow at Taumaranui earlier this year, because I could see something on the track (but not what it was) and just wanted riders aware there was something between me and the next flag point. I did not consider the fact the riders were not meant to overtake in that section, and if any did, it was not an issue. (a different flag would've suited better, but when you only have one flag, I'd rather err on the side of caution than have someone hit something I could see, and have an accident caused due to that). Due to that fact, I wasn't convinced I was right holding a flag up, especially when I'd seen whatever it was move, but felt better once someone had gone & seen what it was. It should have been treated by riders as a yellow flag and there legally should have been no passing.

Henk
18th April 2010, 20:55
Had a quick look through the rule book and didn't see anything specific. I think it's usually up to the steward on the day. What penalty did they hit you with?

Trudes
18th April 2010, 20:58
A jolly good talking to and bit of rib poking in the pits :Pokey: :spanking:
It wasn't a point race just a 'fun' race so didn't really matter...... just boys and pride :shutup: :laugh:

richban
18th April 2010, 20:59
So, what's the penalty for passing under yellow.....

Death by scrotum removal. Or buying the person you passed a beer.

Dutchee
18th April 2010, 21:03
Have a look at the marshall before the "sneaky" marshall. He's either got a flag up (but not out far enough) or is in the process of getting it out.
Definite yellow.
Not a beer penalty, but box of beers might be closer ;)

Henk
18th April 2010, 21:04
Sounds like you got off lightly.

woodyracer
18th April 2010, 21:06
Sounds like you got off lightly.

yea remeber that time at mt wellington when like 10 people were overtaking on the yellow flag......

Henk
18th April 2010, 21:23
6-19-1 Failure to observe flag instructions and signals renders riders liable to fine, exclusion, relegation, suspension or disqualification.

bucketracer
18th April 2010, 21:26
There is a sneaky flag marshal on the left side of the straight, didn't see that yellow flag :shit:

The other rider 'claims' he slowed down..........

The other rider did the right thing.....and if it was a friendly race but someone was left feeling sour.....then I guess a fair do-lip of public groveling and humiliation that we can all watch and share in, is in order, so off to the stocks with you!.......:spanking:..............:laugh:..:clap: ..:D..:D..:D..:p..:)..:D..:rofl:

Mudflaps
18th April 2010, 21:55
AWESOME!!!!:jerry:

Oh...and I told you so:argue::clap:

And as for 'claiming' to slow down, you can clearly see me slow and then turn to see what you were up too. I was left feeling shocked and dissapointed.

AH ha ha ha ha ha. What a hoot:yes:

Kendog
19th April 2010, 06:41
Your bike is too wide :pinch: I understand all the comments I got last year.

Next time buddy, next time.

Trudes
19th April 2010, 06:54
The flaggy at the station at the top of the hill, before the fella standing on the side of the track, does not have his yellow flag out, it is leaning against the wall inside the flag station. Quite clear when you watch the HD version of the vid.
No worries Dave, I'm giving him a haircut tonight, what would you like me to shave into the back of his head?

Skunk
19th April 2010, 07:07
Fair penalty would be doing the points scoring for the rest of the year...

Kendog
19th April 2010, 13:14
Fair penalty would be doing the points scoring for the rest of the year...
I am a little worried about that.

saxet
19th April 2010, 14:01
Aww enough chit chat, time for a public burning.

Henk
19th April 2010, 17:29
I'm giving him a haircut tonight, what would you like me to shave into the back of his head?

No not the back. Just shave the left hand side. Or give him an inverse mohawk.

F5 Dave
19th April 2010, 17:39
Penalty: Death by Mawomba!

Yeah I'd hardly call that first flag presented, the rider on the right wouldn't be looking there anyway. & the next is in the box with another flag alongside. I was watching from the pits & I did wonder why MF slowed so much at the end of the straight. Unfortunate circumstances as MFps slowed on seeing the flag but I could see how it would be hard to see it. If you were looking for another yellow the ones in the box looked valid (but would have been there all race).

Thats what happens when you get volunteers marshaling. I'm pretty useless with the blues.

Trudes
19th April 2010, 17:42
Better to not put a blue out than stick one out when the rider in front is NOT being lapped but merely overtaken by the guy he/she has been trying to hold off all race!!!

Henk
19th April 2010, 17:55
How much do you have to pay the flagies for that to happen? Could have used that sort of help yesterday, not that we use blues.

Mudflaps
19th April 2010, 18:13
No not the back. Just shave the left hand side. Or give him an inverse mohawk.

Yeah if you could just leave the back growing until the last points round:)

Not really worried about it at all guys...but it is great for banter...and the next encounter!!!

TZ350
19th April 2010, 18:32
I enjoyed reading this thread....:laugh:..................buckets at its best.....

Kendog
19th April 2010, 18:59
Yeah if you could just leave the back growing until the last points round:)

Not really worried about it at all guys...but it is great for banter...and the next encounter!!!
Tis all fun and games.
I am looking forward to the next round of races already.

Mudflaps
19th April 2010, 19:09
Tis all fun and games.
I am looking forward to the next round of races already.

Me too!! Haven't thought of much else since yesterday actually. And it seems Slip Way has been choosen for our next battle ground. So be it. Let it be bought....

Henk
19th April 2010, 19:10
Expect a full acount of all yellow flag incidents at the next encounter.

Kendog
19th April 2010, 19:16
Me too!! Haven't thought of much else since yesterday actually. And it seems Slip Way has been choosen for our next battle ground. So be it. Let it be bought....
Full race videos have been posted.
You feature significantly in them, some really good battles.

Kendog
19th April 2010, 19:17
Expect a full acount of all yellow flag incidents at the next encounter.
I will have to keep my eyes open.
It's a lot different at the slipway, being a very short flat track with just some car tyres to make the corners.

Mudflaps
19th April 2010, 20:27
Wow, isn't watching a video of yourself racing interesting!! Way to point out all of my floors:) I was holding you up so much in that last fun race! Forget my sky, I'm just going to study these!! Great footage. And great racing. Damon holds some good lines too eh seeming he's only done a few races eh.

Thanks for the vids

Kendog
19th April 2010, 20:33
Damon does ride really good lines. I hope he doesn't get a better bike too soon.
Will have to put the camera on your bike sometime so I can see what I am doing wrong.

Mudflaps
19th April 2010, 21:59
Damon does ride really good lines. I hope he doesn't get a better bike too soon.
Will have to put the camera on your bike sometime so I can see what I am doing wrong.

I was thinking exactly the same thing but was wondering how I would keep up with you to keep you in shot! Is really awesome to watch yourself race. We should try it though.

richban
20th April 2010, 21:58

Yep video really helps. And photos. Has helped me heaps.

ajturbo
1st May 2010, 16:33
looks to me that you over took BEFORE the flag... whats the problem?

Kendog
1st May 2010, 16:59
looks to me that you over took BEFORE the flag... whats the problem?
There is a guy with a yellow flag standing half way down the straight.

jasonu
2nd May 2010, 07:35

The other rider 'claims' he slowed down :p
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t9tgw9qzTFc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t9tgw9qzTFc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Beautiful video quality mate

ajturbo
2nd May 2010, 07:47
sooo... anyone can wonder around the track with a flag or two..... stuff THAT.... i would NOT be looking anywhere but at the flag points....

case in point: last year a guy miss-took a person wearing a flappy whatever... and thought that he had been blacked flagged.... (he fell off about half a lap later..long story, from him)

what i am saying is that the flag points are there for a reason... we ALL know where they are... i would not be looking at some random guy who happened to be off to the side of the track... unless of cause it was a she and she was naked.... then i would stop for a chat....(perv really)

Trudes
2nd May 2010, 07:53
Good points there AJ.
I think the problem was that he flags the straight for the karts and figured he'd stick a flag out at us too, like so many of the rules the karts have, few really cross over to us. Like how they constantly tell me I have to have my hair tucked into the back of my leathers. It never stays there and they get all anxious about it. The reason for that rule.... it must be contained so it doesn't get caught in your sprocket..... my hair is quite some way from MY sprocket, but hey, no amount of explaining this to them makes any sense to them.
Anyway..... I agree, I wouldn't have been looking over there for flags.

crazyhorse
2nd May 2010, 07:59
I would tend to agree - isn't that the reason they have flag points for that reason. Imagine if someone waved a checked flag half way round the course.............. you'd all be thinking "what the F....!"

ajturbo
2nd May 2010, 08:06
i would tend to agree - isn't that the reason they have flag points for that reason. Imagine if someone waved a checked flag half way round the course.............. You'd all be thinking "what the f....!"

i've won... Woooo hooo

crazyhorse
2nd May 2010, 08:10
i've won... Woooo hooo
Would be funny though, wouldn't it????? I can just picture it................ :laugh: