PDA

View Full Version : How to, Supermotard wheels.

johnnybizz
18th April 2010, 23:19
So I'm looking at eventually obtaining a set of Supermoto style wheels for my '00 RMX250, And I'm wondering what the general path of fitting some to a bike like this is?
I looked at a set on trademe off a Suzuki Katana set up for a DR-Z400 which seemed like good value, but had no idea if they were similar enough for an RMX so decided against it.
Any input or direction in the right direction is appreciated.
Cheers. John.

The Pink Panther
25th April 2010, 11:45
Get a KTM set to fit make some spacers up and brakes.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Wheels/auction-285932087.htm
:gob:

choppedxs
3rd May 2010, 21:30
I have almost finished putting RGV259 wheels on my wr250f and it is not simple but is doable. For the rear I had to get the cush drive machined as did not fit between swing arm then had to get a custom disc made. Also had to machine up spacers and had to make new wheel adjusters (for moving wheel forward and back) as axle different size. For the front I had to machine new spacers, machine the wheel to fit new bearings as axle was different and had to make a mount to offset the caliper to fit bigger disc brake. Also had to remove the OEM speedo drive as hub wider so have to get digital speedo. Also had to replace the centre spacer in the wheel to match axle. Lots of work but certainly works out cheaper then buying new excel type wheels for $2500-$3000.