PDA

View Full Version : Honda servicing in greater Wellington/Manawatu/Wairarapa area?

Viking01
20th April 2010, 12:10
Hi. I am a regular reader of various KB forums, but this is my first post. I purchased a 2008 Honda VFR800 several months ago, and was looking around for Honda service agents in the greater Wellington / Manawatu / Wairarapa area. I'm not a great handi-man at doing servicing, other than basic lubes and checking tyres/ chain etc.

I'm conscious from some KB forum posts in the past that some service agents may either be quite expensive, or may be quite 'average' when it comes to peforming major service work.

I'd be interested to hear of any Honda agents within the greater Wellington / Manawatu / Wairarapa area for which bikers have had a positive experience for major services (and which they would recommend). My Honda is in for its 6K service today so a major service is a wee way off, but I'd be interested in your feedback.
Cheers.

ola_bitchola1
20th April 2010, 18:14
boyle kawasaki in Adelaide Rd newtown have allways done work on my mates bikes and will be doing some on mine soon went to school with the owners son allround top bloke verry knowledgeable

quickbuck
20th April 2010, 20:44
Either Motomart in Upper Hutt, or City Honda in Palmerston North would see you right I'm sure.

vindy500
20th April 2010, 20:46
Either Motomart in Upper Hutt, or City Honda in Palmerston North would see you right I'm sure.

lower hutt

quickbuck
20th April 2010, 21:05
lower hutt

Sorry, yeah......
Was thinking of something else at the time!
Woops.

Viking01
21st April 2010, 10:20
Hi. Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

My son's Kawasaki GPX 250 gets serviced at Boyles, and I'm quite happy with their service and pricing. Was not sure whether to take the Honda there as well once the Honda warranty runs out. Good to hear some-one else is happy to go down that path.

The only three Honda agents in the wider area I could find were : Motomart (L Hutt), City Honda (Palmy) and Longlands (Masterton). i was interested in comments on City Honda and Longlands, even though they are 1-1.5 hour ride away for me (in Lower Hutt). My main focus was on the next main service (24k) when valves need attention. Thanks to you all. Cheers.

Logpot
21st April 2010, 10:28
I've been to City Honda for a few jobs and parts - can't fault them.