PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge mx

laserracer
25th April 2010, 19:46
what a great day but dusty and rutty... in our group of guys we had ... a 5th in mx1 a 1st in vets, a 4th in intermediate 250 ..1 over the handlebars , 1 crash and being run over but all ok , 2 broken crf250r's with twisted and bent handlebar clamps, 1 tempermental yz 450 that just refused to finish a race, and one vet who was returning after 4 months from injury that had a ball well done paul..the boyz ate all the cheese scones and drank all the coffee ..we then stopped off at the pub for a pint and a chat on the way home :yes:

honda_power
25th April 2010, 20:21
gotta love crf handlebar clamps eh

laserracer
25th April 2010, 20:39
gotta love crf handlebar clamps eh

Yep its kinda like they make them outta cardboard or something.:laugh:

Sunday Casual
25th April 2010, 21:06
Yeah it was a good day, too bad about the dust though! I guess that would be expected with 200 + riders. The track didn't cut up anywhere near as much as I though it would have though.. It was still like a highway at the end of the day.

I rode National 250 & 450 on my 250 two stroke and ended up with a 4th and 3rd, quite happy with that seeing as Damien King and Kieran Leigh were in my class! I was going to ride the 125 class as well but due to the dust, my airfilter was clogged up and only managed the practice and 2 races.

Anyway, I"ll be back next round! Here's to hoping a little rain softens it up..

laserracer
25th April 2010, 21:34
YEAH its certainly better with a little bit of rain on it..that drainage ditch that ran alongside the track coming out of that corner ..was a bit of a trap for a few punters , just spoke to young Matt who was number 499 crf 250 and went down in that startline crash ..maybe a broken foot ..stink:(

merv
25th April 2010, 21:37
Sounds like you had a bit of fun in "actual" Cambridge.

CRF119
25th April 2010, 23:14
Im not happy i missed it had the bike all preped to go but the body wasant up to it. Went to docs on wend got antibiotics felt mint by sat but tried to ride sat avo and i could barley manage 10 laps of my home track before i felt like i was going to be sick so decided rest was better for me. Going to get so much shit from damien when i see him next he was looking forward to kicking my but. Bring on the wet days in cambridge far better then eating dust i rekon

CRF119
25th April 2010, 23:18
by the way dont buy genuine honda clamps you can buy clamps with blots in them so if you do bend them you just replace the bolts its way cheaper. I still got sick of them twisting from small falls so i went another step further again and replaced top and bottom clamps with a Gen 2 RG3 Set. They very cool and still rubber mounted at 4 points insted of 2 but i think bars will bend next. Its never ending.

laserracer
26th April 2010, 00:35
Never ending alright ... if you were feeling shitty then all that dust would have just made you feel worse..best to rest and get fighting fit so Damien cant kick your butt ...lol
will pass on the clamp tips to the honda boyz cheers for that tip...patetonga next i think

raglanash
26th April 2010, 11:15
It was a great day out all right, But I had a bloody shocker, after a good jump i got caught up in the crash after the start of the first int250, came back ok then 2 laps to go and crashed into a guys standing his bike up and bent my gear lever, managed to finish but lost heaps of ground. Then the bastards had the vets race right after the int 250!! Tried to bend my lever back but missed the start. 2nd race went out and realized i had a hole in my goggles so ate dust and squinted but still finished, then straight onto the line again for the vets, 2 motos in a row is cruel! Got my ass kicked all day, but theres always next month!
Sunday casual you were going awesome! King and Leigh were flying, bloody impressive seeing them hit that step up on the straight, fully committed wide open seat bounce to make it, first time i've seen anyone make it.

raglanash
26th April 2010, 11:16
It was a great day out all right, But I had a bloody shocker, after a good jump i got caught up in the crash after the start of the first int250, came back ok then 2 laps to go and crashed into a guys standing his bike up and bent my gear lever, managed to finish but lost heaps of ground. Then the bastards had the vets race right after the int 250!! Tried to bend my lever back but missed the start. 2nd race went out and realized i had a hole in my goggles so ate dust and squinted but still finished, then straight onto the line again for the vets, 2 motos in a row is cruel! Got my ass kicked all day, but theres always next month!
Sunday casual you were going awesome! King and Leigh were flying, bloody impressive seeing them hit that step up on the straight, fully committed wide open seat bounce to make it, first time i've seen anyone make it.

laserracer
26th April 2010, 11:40
Stink you had a bad day from the sound of it ..busy trying to see why this yz 450 was cutting out thought it might have been water in the carb ..but NO Will check air box and filter next..then if no joy off with the carb ..its weird sometimes it would do 3 laps then stop and restart other times only do half a lap then stop .. always restarted
tim was totally out classed in inter 250 so jumped in with the support vets no points but hey you get pissed off racing by your self at the back so at least he had 2 or 3 other people to compete with its all a learning curve

raglanash
26th April 2010, 12:15
Yeah the int250 is pretty hectic this year. Think I will e-mail them and ask for a break between it and vet classes, there were a few of us doing it, bloody hard straight afterwards. What did you think of the longer moto's?

laserracer
26th April 2010, 12:57
the guys with us only doing support vets i think had 9 races before there race start its kinda relaxing but by the end of the day it becomes kinda boring ... the longer races were ok..holey hell that number 7 in mx1 i watched him do that lower section u know around that s bend where those big rutts were shit he held it flat all the way around was on the limiter

raglanash
26th April 2010, 14:01
Yeah we were bored as shit then had to do 2 races in a row, no action for an hour and a half then full on!!
Yeah that #7 is Leigh, him and King were on the gas from the top of the hill after the start, down the dip over the jump and over the step up, sounding like 250's bouncing off the limiter! Keeeeeen!! Those YZF's looked like they were set up very well, sucking up everything in their path with ease, bloody fit skilled riders as well, those 2 were gone! That s-bend was ugly allright.