PDA

View Full Version : One for the moderator

Jackrat
14th November 2003, 19:13
In your FAQs you state all cage drivers are C.S.C.
What the, is that and should I take offence

Jackrat
15th November 2003, 07:30
Still waiting.:whistle: <_<

SpankMe
15th November 2003, 07:42
Check here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101#post536)

wkid_one
15th November 2003, 07:55
Hmmm - now there is a stereo-type......must disagree, cars form a serious purpose.&nbsp; Can't agree with that comment at all

bikerboy
15th November 2003, 09:20
I think Spank's comment is true to an extent. Most people learn to drive a car as that is the norm, = conformist. Generally people think
bikes are dangerous, = chicken shit (a bit severe). And one must agree that if parents rode a bike the children are more likely to, but as they don't niether do the children.

Now cages have a purpose but how many people driving cars do so for their intended purpose. It is by far a matter of style,convenience, comfort, and not standing out.

One could have a car for use only when it was specifically needed, like towing, carrying several passengers, etc. and a bike for 95% of the other needs, A to B.:done:

Jackrat
15th November 2003, 09:33
feel free to remove all of my personal details from your site.

bluninja
15th November 2003, 10:08
Interesting....BB is just proposing conforming to a function based attitude to transport. We all conform to our world view, whatever that is.

CSC is just a label, which I don't have any issue with as it doesn't apply to me (even when driving my car or the 4x4 bike killer in CBD). One could say that statements that deny possibilities&nbsp;are an indication of a fixed, rigid viewpoint .....a true conformist.

Jackrat, there's room here for all sorts of viewpoints to be aired, challenged, and disagreed with......sometimes there's some enormous wind-ups going on.....and sometimes .......

TTFN

SpankMe
15th November 2003, 10:57
It's a line from the Dead Kennedys song Chickenshit Conformist off their Bedtime For Democracy album. :rockon:

Big Dog
15th November 2003, 13:03
Originally posted by Jackrat
feel free to remove all of my personal details from your site.

Seems a little touchy jackrat. This is all about having a place where we can all express our thoughts freely.

I think we all make statements at one time or another that piss someone off. Because we all have different opinions, this is the what keeps me coming back.

Me? I have 6 classes of licence.
Does that make me a csc? Maybe depends who is issuing the lable.
Does it offend me? No because I know I am not a CSC.
Why? Because although I can drive anything from 2-22 wheels I never got any of them for conformist reasons.

I got a Car because I could.

I got a motorbike cos I could.

I got my truck and trailer cos I could.

Funnily enuf each was my own rebellion.

Each was because everyone said I couldn't / shouldn't.

But the only ones that feel natural are M/B's and H/t's

Cars are convenient and good for carting shit and that's about it.

Am I a chickenshit? Hell yeah, chickenshit of being just another normal nobody!
Am I a conformist? Hell yeah, I conform to the law and whats right and my ideas of normal (keeping in mind I have been described by many as eccentric).

My point if there is one is this site is supposed to be informative entertaining & most importantly fun!

Grab a beer and relax!
:cool:

SPman
15th November 2003, 13:44
Hell, I learnt to drive on a tractor when I was 12. What does that make me.....a potential Harley Rider? :eek:

Lou Girardin
17th November 2003, 08:20
That's not too bad, my first thought was that CSC had something to do with oral sex and female genitalia.

What?
18th November 2003, 06:26
Originally posted by SPman
Hell, I learnt to drive on a tractor when I was 12. What does that make me.....a potential Harley Rider? :eek:

Depends on whether you learnt to drive it, or just how to make it go... :p

&nbsp;:Oops: another divisive comment! :p:whocares:

SPman
18th November 2003, 17:56
:D

Marmoot
18th November 2003, 21:44
I'd say.......Fast sport cars cannot really be taken as conformist.

They are taken as (our general) society as anti-social, especially with loud mufflers (albeit the fact that Stagecoach buses are much louder). Not to mention blow-off valves, bodykits and slanted-eye drivers.

Now, am I a conformist?........

I don't think it's the car.....perhaps it's down to the driver's attitude and skill, and how he perceives the car. There's a big difference in striving for driving excellence and just transporting your a$$ from A to B.
:done:

bikerboy
19th November 2003, 17:22
You are right Marmoot, however, is your description the norm or the exception among car drivers?:o

scumdog
19th November 2003, 23:11
Hell, I'm CSC to the max - I've only got two scoots but I've got four cages!! None are "normal", all are 40+ years old and my "motorbike-car" as I call it is a ton of fun - 302 (5 litres for the metric minded) V8 and 5-speed in a car the same size and weight as a Mazda MX5, 'course my 1955 Ford "lorry with 429 V8 (7 litres for......) isn't too much of a slug either even if it is a little less graceful on the twisty bits.
Conformity is a state of mind, it ain't necessarily what you ride/drive unless it's all "part of the picture"
"f" what anyone says/thinks, I ride/drive what I want:2thumbsup

Marmoot
20th November 2003, 16:53
Aye, dawg. Conformity goes hand-in-hand with tall poppy syndrome.

The society (and the government) nowadays promote moderation. You either belong to the "norm" or you're anti-social. Bikes and fast cars are just a few examples of the one stamped as non-conformity. Others (not many realized) are culture integration including assimmilation, non-support for innovation, and ignorance.

Conformity is a state-of-mind.

It's always nice to see a grey-hair in a fast jap car or bike with an open mind. :2thumbsup