PDA

View Full Version : Bike cover?

Tryhard
26th April 2010, 18:02
Yo is Rjays still the cover of choice?

Is there something beter?

Hitcher
26th April 2010, 18:32
Rjays has disappeared and become Sanremo. Same kit, different logo.

After seven years experience of bikes being covered outside under the elements, I can attest that Rjays/Sanremo covers are the best commercially available all-weather covers for bikes. They last for about nine months before they finally succumb to being battered about.

Tryhard
26th April 2010, 19:04
Rjays has disappeared and become Sanremo. Same kit, different logo.

After seven years experience of bikes being covered outside under the elements, I can attest that Rjays/Sanremo covers are the best commercially available all-weather covers for bikes. They last for about nine months before they finally succumb to being battered about.

Partsquip is that the place to go?

Hitcher
26th April 2010, 20:11
Partsquip is that the place to go?

Don't know. I've always bought mine from my friendly neighbourhood motorcycle shop.

sinned
27th April 2010, 07:06
Support your local whenever possible.

Tryhard
26th May 2010, 21:14
can a bike cover be put on a wet bike or will it root the paint?

Hitcher
26th May 2010, 21:26
Paint rooting by covers is a function of friction, not moisture. They flap in the wind, therefore rubbing on the enclosed motorcycle. Make sure that you wrap something around painted bits likely to be subjected to such treatment. On our bikes we use a system of nappies made from old teeshirts for this purpose.

Enclosed moisture can lead to corrosion and sweating into body cavities, including fuel tanks. As our bikes are ridden most weeks, this isn't a major issue for us. The wet fuel is an issue for Mrs H's Bandit because it's carburettored. EFI bikes aren't unduly troubled by that.

pritch
27th May 2010, 12:52
Support your local whenever possible.

It does pay to create a relationship with a dealer. In anticipation of the KB event at Tokaanu next week I thought a new cover might be in order. On enquiring at Energy Honda, my regular dealership, I was given a Pirelli cover that they had obtained and used just once for a promotion.

That may not fit with the "robbing bastards" scenario often complained of hereabout but I'm very happy thanks. :yes:
And the bike even has the right brand of tyre.

slofox
27th May 2010, 14:45
I bought a $20.00 BBQ cover from K Mart. Covers the bike just fine. But the sausages are always underdone...

Tryhard
30th May 2010, 19:59
It does pay to create a relationship with a dealer. In anticipation of the KB event at Tokaanu next week I thought a new cover might be in order. On enquiring at Energy Honda, my regular dealership, I was given a Pirelli cover that they had obtained and used just once for a promotion.

That may not fit with the "robbing bastards" scenario often complained of hereabout but I'm very happy thanks. :yes:
And the bike even has the right brand of tyre.

Thats O 4 orrrsum