PDA

View Full Version : Point of Law: Grafton truck lane?

Blackflagged
29th April 2010, 09:46
One thing i have wondered, stuck in traffic.The Stanley st (Akld) up to Grafton,is a truck lane.Besides my bike, i have a Diesel Van, and pay road user as a Light Truck.There`s no minimum weight mentioned, can i use this lane?
I`d rather fine out before i get a tax Ticket.What say you? Petrol drivers may get a little upset!

Mully
29th April 2010, 09:56
IIRC - it's heavy vehicles.

Class two and over.

If you're in any doubt, ring the motorway police people (Harbour Bridge base) and ask.

red mermaid
29th April 2010, 17:23
Or call in and ask at the CVIU base at the Stanley St weighbridge.

Toaster
29th April 2010, 17:33
... and bring doughnuts.

Blackflagged
29th April 2010, 21:30
... and bring doughnuts.

Lol ,

It doesn`t say anything some of the others truck onlys say over 3.5 tonne.Weigh bridge good idea.

SMOKEU
30th April 2010, 22:16
Pack some fat bitches in the back and you'll be right up to the weight limit and beyond.

BoristheBiter
1st May 2010, 17:30
Does it have a weight on it? as like the transit lane at south eastern/southern motorway has the truck sign plus it says 3.5t.
The weight is GVM (gross vehicle mass) also to be classed in this category you need a hubometer (GVM 4t+).
So if it doesn't have weight specified you need to be 4.5t + (class 2).

Piglet
3rd May 2010, 01:12
A vehicle is classed as a Heavy Motor Vehicle if it has a Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) over 3.5 tonne. The GVM does not relate to its actual weight, but rather what the vehicle is capable of carrying laden. If your vehicle is unladen but has a GVM of over 3.5 tonne, it is classed as a HMV. If your vehicle is diesel, it will have the GVM quoted on the licence label. If this is over 3500 I see no reason why you should not travel in the truck lane as you still have to abide by other laws concerning Heavy Motor Vehicles (ie speed limit of 90 km/h). Certain vehicles can be classed as a HMV but driven with a class 1 licence.

Hope this helps.