21st May 2005, 08:27
$ 77,000 :blink: :doh: :argh:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=1&ObjectID=10126703

Yarg
21st May 2005, 09:52
Not my cup 'o t, but good luck to him.

Sutage
21st May 2005, 15:40
Meh, I hate the guy, think hes a shite rugby player and an even bigger jerk, just the sort of guy who'd spend that amount of cash on a harley

Hitcher
21st May 2005, 16:27
Must have a latte machine and hair gel dispenser for that amount...

Big Dave
21st May 2005, 16:40

Hmmm - I'm told it's not the full noise S&S either - it has some nice doohickeys, but you could bolt on another 40 ponies.

http://www.amps.co.nz/Rolling_Chass1_AMPS.jpg

It is quite tastefully done, and the ergo's suit a 5'10", 5/8th perfectly. (I have trouble seeing past my knees on it.- he said exageratingly)

Roadrash
21st May 2005, 16:54
For that price he can get "los"
sorry couldn't resist..
:killingme :killingme

MacD
21st May 2005, 16:57

And eyeliner dispenser....oops sorry, that's the 'Canes! ;)

HenryDorsetCase
21st May 2005, 18:54
If you were spending that much money on a custom bike, you could get something a shitload cooler than that, and one where the mirrors didnt just show the rider his own face with "who's tha man" written in black vivid at the top.

Im thinking you'd nearly get a Wraith for that, or any amount of the Confederate stuff, or even some of the German stuff.

I reckon theres at least a $20k "premium" just cos of who owned.

Some aucklander will buy it, and think they have an "investment".

RDJ
22nd May 2005, 02:21
If you were spending that much money on a custom bike, you could get something a shitload cooler than that...
Im thinking you'd nearly get a Wraith for that, or any amount of the Confederate stuff, or even some of the German stuff.

Oh yes. You could get a very very good machine, from any of the 'great' marques, and have a lot of fun.

Is it just me or is there a paint-to-chrome ratio beyond which any bike starts to look just silly, be it Harley, Honda or Triumph?

crashe
22nd May 2005, 16:51
Just cos he brought a Harley and spent the extra thousands of dollars on accessories... bringing the cost up to $77,000 dont mean he will even get that back..

He is dreaming if he even thinks that.

Putting on the accessories was at his own expense and pleasure.

He be lucky if he got even $50,000 for it.

Guess he wants to sell it before he goes to the UK to play rugby.

Virago
22nd May 2005, 16:58
Just cos he brought a Harley and spent the extra thousands of dollars on accessories... bringing the cost up to $77,000 dont mean he will even get that back..

He is dreaming if he even thinks that.

Putting on the accessories was at his own expense and pleasure.

He be lucky if he got even $50,000 for it.

Guess he wants to sell it before he goes to the UK to play rugby.
I reckon HDC is right, some corporate high-flyer will buy it simply for the prestige factor.

Jeremy
22nd May 2005, 17:32
Ouch. I could think of many things to spend 77k on before that.

Lou Girardin
23rd May 2005, 09:25
Phattails start at around $65000, and his has more goodies. Time will tell. Any guesses what it'll go for?

Marknz
23rd May 2005, 09:39
Ouch. I could think of many things to spend 77k on before that.

Yup, like the Ago MV F4 1000

Seems to me that the only two piccies I've ever seen of Los and his HD have him riding with no helmet... what's the go there?

And every time I go to a dealer and ask about trade-ins they tell me that extras that I've put onto a bike don't increase it's value... I guess that'll be why he's trying to flick it off privately to some sucka.

Lou Girardin
23rd May 2005, 12:10
Yup, like the Ago MV F4 1000

Seems to me that the only two piccies I've ever seen of Los and his HD have him riding with no helmet... what's the go there?

And every time I go to a dealer and ask about trade-ins they tell me that extras that I've put onto a bike don't increase it's value... I guess that'll be why he's trying to flick it off privately to some sucka.

No, it's at AMPS.
BTW We built it.

riffer
23rd May 2005, 12:26
Then you would be best to answer the question:

"Is it really worth the money?"

Skunk
23rd May 2005, 13:36
Who's Carlos Spencer? :whistle:

Lou Girardin
23rd May 2005, 15:19
Then you would be best to answer the question:

"Is it really worth the money?"

To a Harley afficionado, yes. To the rest of us, dunno.
But there's other bikes (plural) I'd get for that much dosh.

Fart
23rd May 2005, 16:34
$ 77,000 :blink: :doh: :argh:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=1&ObjectID=10126703

Da man lives in our area. I see him sometimes walking his English Bulldogs.

"The Difference Between a Man and a Boy is the Price of his Toys". :Punk:

RDJ
23rd May 2005, 17:19
"The Difference Between a Man and a Boy is the Price of his Toys".

Maybe more like -

A boy gets his toys with other people's money.
A man earns the money with which he buys his toys...

riffer
23rd May 2005, 23:27
Maybe more like -

A boy gets his toys with other people's money.
A man earns the money with which he buys his toys...

You must work pretty damn hard then RDJ... :msn-wink:

...looking at that bike list of yours.

RDJ
23rd May 2005, 23:36
Quite a few years on an RV90, then an RD250, then a GT380, then an Austin Mini, then a LandRover / CB400 combo had to come first...

The V-rod is the first vehicle I ever bought new. Well worth the wait :-)

HenryDorsetCase
24th May 2005, 11:06
Its just jealousy to a certain extent, and a bit of scoffing at the "Cash in now, honey" mentality displayed by Mr S... my estimate is that the asking is a $20k premium over a second hand value of the thing.

my point is he could have gotten something actually cool for that money:

A Confedrate WRaith lists at $47800US, so $67k NZD.

A Confederate Hellcat lists at $62kUS, which is a bit more than the $77k, but dang, who wouldnt want one??

Too many knocks to the head means no imagination.....

Big Dave
24th May 2005, 17:36
To a Harley afficionado, yes. To the rest of us, dunno.
But there's other bikes (plural) I'd get for that much dosh.

Such as???

Sutage
24th May 2005, 19:39
The reason its so much is because there is probably like 25k on the clock, and that was just him riding it home.

Posing tosser

scumdog
24th May 2005, 20:23
It's all pocket money to him, it's like some members on this site with a GN250, it's the best they can afford and no slur on them but to each their own.

If I were him I too may have abike like that (but a bit wilder and faster)

saiko
24th May 2005, 20:39
Some aucklander will buy it, and think they have an "investment".

Yeah, no-one down South will have the $ or the gumption

Kickaha
24th May 2005, 21:16

Or the bad taste :msn-wink:

Fart
25th May 2005, 12:28
If he has the dosh, then why not?

There is nothing wrong with buying a toy you want if you have the money. Cant be worst than owning a Porsche.

Lou Girardin
25th May 2005, 17:13
Such as???

5 1/2 Bandits.

scumdog
25th May 2005, 17:27

No, with our Scottish heritage we want to see value for money :niceone:

Lou Girardin
26th May 2005, 10:33
No, with our Scottish heritage we want to see value for money :niceone:

But, but, but.........you ride a Harley now.

scumdog
26th May 2005, 11:45
But, but, but.........you ride a Harley now.

I rest my case - after all, if you bought a new bike of other make 8 years ago what percent of its purchase price would it be now?

Each to their own, enjoy what you ride

(I bought my bike partly for its 'irritant value' to other brand owners :msn-wink: )

Lou Girardin
26th May 2005, 11:52
I rest my case - after all, if you bought a new bike of other make 8 years ago what percent of its purchase price would it be now?

Each to their own, enjoy what you ride

(I bought my bike partly for its 'irritant value' to other brand owners :msn-wink: )

Part of the enjoyment of owning a warehouse bike and a Hyundai and living in a "not so great" neighbourhood. Inverse snobbery. Cheap too!

ManDownUnder
26th May 2005, 12:03
Any guesses what it'll go for?

about 15kph in 1st... 35kph in 2nd ...:killingme

Aaaa I love my little Suzi... :ride:
MDU

ManDownUnder
26th May 2005, 12:09

y'know - credit where it's due - I like your attitude!

skidz
9th July 2005, 22:42
AMPS has a 124 inch Roadking Custom for 50k that I would prefer than a good looking standard 88 inch dolled up bike for 77k.

Jackrat
10th July 2005, 14:13
No, it's at AMPS.
BTW We built it.

So how much do you reckon it cost to build Lou ?
An how many does AMPs turn out to that sort of standard.
I know you guys put my brothers bike togeather,an he's spent more than 70k on it.
VERY happy with it he is too.

deadwombat
10th July 2005, 14:52
That equals 7 rat harleys. I could go out into my garage and be quite confident at least 1 of them was going to get me to work.

Lou Girardin
14th July 2005, 17:04
AMPS has a 124 inch Roadking Custom for 50k that I would prefer than a good looking standard 88 inch dolled up bike for 77k.

It's a real sleeper, that bike. I bet it gives few Jappers a shock at the lights.
Sold now.

skidz
19th July 2005, 14:55
It's a real sleeper, that bike. I bet it gives few Jappers a shock at the lights.
Sold now.
Yup, I'd say there'd be a few jaws dropped.!!

scumdog
19th July 2005, 16:23
That equals 7 rat harleys. I could go out into my garage and be quite confident at least 1 of them was going to get me to work.

2 bikes here, and it wouldn't be the Suzuki I would be confident in....

crashe
19th July 2005, 19:30
I was in AMPS the other day...

Carlos Spencer's Harley Davidson has been SOLD.....

Jantar
19th July 2005, 22:21
I was in AMPS the other day...

Carlos Spencer's Harley Davidson has been SOLD.....

Someone who had more money than cents maybe? :whistle:

scumdog
19th July 2005, 22:44

Yeah Jantar, nice troll!!
But for some in this world buying one of these bikes is like you buying a GN250!!

Jantar
20th July 2005, 00:06
Yeah Jantar, nice troll!!
But for some in this world buying one of these bikes is like you buying a GN250!!

Mmmm. Your giving me ideas here SD. A GN250 with a small version of hard luggage, a small screen, Ohlins shocks, 32 mm carb, a decent exhaust, lowered bars. Could make a very nice small capacity tourer. :devil2:

scumdog
20th July 2005, 00:29
Mmmm. Your giving me ideas here SD. A GN250 with a small version of hard luggage, a small screen, Ohlins shocks, 32 mm carb, a decent exhaust, lowered bars. Could make a very nice small capacity tourer. :devil2:

I agree with you, it would make for a kind of 'competitive' touring, I bet with a bit of 'persuasion (sp) we could fit an XR1000 Harley twin-carb set-up to an XN chassis.
Hell, this beast would 'haul-arse' like you wouldn't believe eh??

A set of free way pegs, a sissy-bar and a set of ape-hangars and the bike would be unbeatable eh?

(lowered bars are for the performanced minded)

Oh, and by the way my mind has been enhanced by that mental thought enhancer known as "Famous Grouse", - Wooo-Hooo!!!!

spiller
21st July 2005, 12:58

lol Dosen't he own Esquires?? If so, he'd have a few latte machines!!!

Beemer
21st July 2005, 15:10
He's a relative of a woman my husband works with and his family still live locally. Wonder if he takes after his father? He got thrown off the sideline of a rugby game last weekend for abusing the ref. Maybe he needs the money to pay for his recent wedding... oh, no, that's right, he SOLD the rights to cover that to one of the women's magazines!

Lou Girardin
21st July 2005, 15:58

You'd be amazed at the number of 50 grand + bikes that go out of here. Generally they're not on the floor long either.
People might also be surprised at the crap workmanship on some of these US customs, we're also fixing a few of them up. They're fine for a couple of k's to the local bar, but you need a chiropractor on a retainer if you actually wanted to ride them somewhere.

skidz
21st July 2005, 17:34
Yeah, bugger those bloody bone shakers. Be far better if they put a decent suspension on them.