PDA

View Full Version : Looking for sparkys?

CHOPPA
1st May 2010, 10:05
Hey guys, any of you on here sparkys that would be keen to do a few cash jobs?

I have guys that install Heat Pumps, we run all the cables etc basically just need you to come and hook em up.....

Auckland
Napier
Palmy
Welly

Cheers!

RBE
1st May 2010, 12:28
Will pm you my details

Virago
1st May 2010, 12:35
Sparkies should perhaps be wary of posting their full details on here, in response to "cash job" offers...:shutup:

RBE
1st May 2010, 12:59
Hey Choppa can you pm me your details and I will get in touch. Dont have pm status it said when I went to send you my details.

Rhys

Virago
1st May 2010, 13:47
Will pm you my details

Good to see you removed your details.

Just a few thoughts here for the gullible:

New Zealand population - around 4 million. Number of people who work for IRD - around 5,000. Therefore, roughly one person in every 800 works for IRD.

Kiwi Biker members - around 20,000. Assuming the statistical ratio of one in 800, around 25 Kiwi Bikers work for IRD. It only takes one of them to see this thread and pass the details on...

That of course will exclude the dedicated IRD investigators who will routinely NZ google-search "Cash job".

I see the thread starter even has the associated business name in his signature. Don't be idiots...

Coldrider
1st May 2010, 20:26
Cash jobs are not illegal, it is the non declaration of the income (assuming easily turned into cash) that is the offence.

cowpoos
2nd May 2010, 11:50
Good to see you removed your details.

Just a few thoughts here for the gullible:

New Zealand population - around 4 million. Number of people who work for IRD - around 5,000. Therefore, roughly one person in every 800 works for IRD.

Kiwi Biker members - around 20,000. Assuming the statistical ratio of one in 800, around 25 Kiwi Bikers work for IRD. It only takes one of them to see this thread and pass the details on...

That of course will exclude the dedicated IRD investigators who will routinely NZ google-search "Cash job".

Your calculations are a bloody mile off....

Virago
2nd May 2010, 13:46
Your calculations are a bloody mile off....

Quite probably - please enlighten...? :yes:

Current estimated NZ population (as at today) is 4,366,719. I can't find fully up-to-date IRD EFTE figures, however this is from the IRD's About Us page:

Inland Revenue has over 6,000 staff based in 17 cities and towns.
On the basis of 6,000, 1 NZer in 728 works for IRD. It's possible that figure could be up - or down - but would be a reasonable ball-park.

Today's KB Home Page lists 20,066 members, although the Member List shows only 19,385. Working from the lower of the two figures, and assuming a statistical ratio of 1 in 728 from above, it is reasonable to estimate that 26.63 Kiwi Bikers work for IRD. Apologies for my earlier grossly inaccurate estimate of 25...

If you add the non-registered visitors surfing the site, that figure could at least double.

cowpoos
2nd May 2010, 14:56
Quite probably - please enlighten...? :yes:

Current estimated NZ population (as at today) is 4,366,719. I can't find fully up-to-date IRD EFTE figures, however this is from the IRD's About Us page:

On the basis of 6,000, 1 NZer in 728 works for IRD. It's possible that figure could be up - or down - but would be a reasonable ball-park.

Today's KB Home Page lists 20,066 members, although the Member List shows only 19,385. Working from the lower of the two figures, and assuming a statistical ratio of 1 in 728 from above, it is reasonable to estimate that 26.63 Kiwi Bikers work for IRD. Apologies for my earlier grossly inaccurate estimate of 25...

If you add the non-registered visitors surfing the site, that figure could at least double.

Of the 4+ million people....how many are employed?? [eg,children,dole,DPB,students,etc]

:)

SMOKEU
2nd May 2010, 16:27
I've got a mate who I call 'Sparky'. Every second time he does electrical work, there ends up being a big bang, followed by a fire and then smoke.

Virago
2nd May 2010, 16:46
Of the 4+ million people....how many are employed?? [eg,children,dole,DPB,students,etc]

:)

Good point - but how many KBers are employed?

How do we estimate the demographic of IRD workers who would ride bikes? I mean, are they cool enough...? :shutup:

But it is certainly likely that IRD personnel have already seen this thread, and may be interested in which businesses are offering (or accepting) "cash jobs".

Coldrider
2nd May 2010, 18:16
Good point - but how many KBers are employed?

How do we estimate the demographic of IRD workers who would ride bikes? I mean, are they cool enough...? :shutup:

But it is certainly likely that IRD personnel have already seen this thread, and may be interested in which businesses are offering (or accepting) "cash jobs".
I say again, what is wrong with cash jobs, I go to a cafe, purchase a flat white, pay $3.50 in cash over the counter. What is the difference ?

Virago
2nd May 2010, 18:25
I say again, what is wrong with cash jobs, I go to a cafe, purchase a flat white, pay $3.50 in cash over the counter. What is the difference ?

A valid point. But "cash jobs" are invariably offered to tradespeople with a view to tax evasion, with the savings being shared by both parties.

It happens more than most people realise, as it's not something to openly advertise...