PDA

View Full Version : 1 Tonne waterproof gear

aiki
2nd May 2010, 12:49
Recently I purchased a 1 Tonne Waterproof Terminator Leather Jacket from their online service. As the price was so reasonable at $270 I was slightly concerned on quality. I found the team there very helpful and quick with responses to my queries pre-purchase.
On getting the jacket (fast delivery) I was pleasantly surprised in how it looked and seemed put together. It is snug and warm and handles showers well. I doubt it would keep me dry in a big downpour but neither has my way more expense waterproof jackets that I own.
I put in a $40 Knox back armour and feel pretty confident in its impact handling, hopefully I won't test it out. I like how it isn't covered in logos. With the venting i think this will be great in summer.
All in all damn good value so far, if it falls apart in a year I'll let you know, but I think it unlikely.
I've bought from Quasimoto as well and have been happy with the results, and I've found no matter the price or brand you get duds some times. This is a company I would certainly recommend trying out.

1tonne
2nd May 2010, 13:54
Hi Scooter Boy.
Thanks for the feedback on our 1tonne gear. I am glad you like it.
Cheers and safe riding.

YellowDog
2nd May 2010, 14:23
If you are careful with how you put it on and take it off, then I am sure it will be good for you.

CookMySock
2nd May 2010, 20:12
If you are careful with how you put it on and take it off, then I am sure it will be good for you.Yes, surprisingly, motorcycle jackets and pants are really easily damaged. One hard pull will rip an internal liner free - voila! no longer waterproof!

Steve

Alex Wong
22nd September 2010, 23:36
Tell me how it goes will ya? Looking at buying a terminator or ballistic jacket from 1tonne.

Bald Eagle
23rd September 2010, 00:32
Well I had an of (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/99052-Tag-o-rama%21?p=1129865141#post1129865141)f ( my first ever) a couple of days ago, t-boned by a hit and run driver and my recently acquired 1tonne boots did a good job. The left boot shows clear scuff/impact damage from where the car hit me. Took his front number plate of with it. Despite some good bruising to the shin & foot no fractures so very happy with the boots.

1tonne
23rd September 2010, 07:34
Well I had an of (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/99052-Tag-o-rama%21?p=1129865141#post1129865141)f ( my first ever) a couple of days ago, t-boned by a hit and run driver and my recently acquired 1tonne boots did a good job. The left boot shows clear scuff/impact damage from where the car hit me. Took his front number plate of with it. Despite some good bruising to the shin & foot no fractures so very happy with the boots.

Glad to hear you are OK. Did the bike survive?

Berg
26th September 2010, 13:15
I find mine very good other than a fatbum friend borrowing my pants and breaking the zip (not 1 tonne fault) and the only other minor fault I find is my knee guards often slipping down due to the velcro holding them in their pockets coming undone. Other than that they have been great and quite waterproof.

DangerMice
27th September 2010, 12:32
Sadly one of the pocket flap dome buttons on my 8 month old sports pants pulled out the other day. Such is life. The lower button on each flap is also quite rusty, but the top ones (including the one that pulled out didn't have any) Odd huh?

baptist
2nd October 2010, 23:44

Hope you are OK, glad to hear the boots did a good job as I ride in the same ones! My 1tonne jacket and sport pants are pretty new but kept me dry in the recent heavy rain :yes: (apart from the one time when I did not do up the trouser vents.... I now know it is not nice riding home with a cold wet crotch!!!! lesson learned:facepalm:).

peterpan
5th October 2010, 09:26
Hi Scooter Boy.
Thanks for the feedback on our 1tonne gear. I am glad you like it.
Cheers and safe riding.

hi, is there anywhere in auckland that i can touch, feel and tryon 1tonne gear, interested in there leather jackets.

Bald Eagle
5th October 2010, 09:30
Glad to hear you are OK. Did the bike survive?

Unfortunately the bike was RIP, now shopping for new el bandit and replacement helmet ordered from 1tonne.

Murray
5th October 2010, 09:39
t-boned by a hit and run driver . Took his front number plate of with it.

So you have the hit and runs number plate? Was the car stolen?? Otherwise should be easy to get the po po onto it?

1tonne
5th October 2010, 09:40
hi, is there anywhere in auckland that i can touch, feel and tryon 1tonne gear, interested in there leather jackets.

Hi. Sorry there is no place in Auckland to try on but if you purchase an item and find that it is not what you are looking for, you are most welcome to return it. Cheers.

Hurrie
5th October 2010, 10:48
I bought that same terminator jacket almost a year ago and its been pretty good through the winter. i had one off with it where i hit the front brake too hard and dropped the bike on its side and about 50km/h and i didnt really feel much of an impact on my upper body when i fell and slid on the road for a bit. so it's pretty good value for money

Fuzzyduck
5th October 2010, 14:51
I looked at a few 1tonne items as I was looking to buy pretty much everything with my new bike.

I settled on some Waterproof Black Razor Sports Glove because it was mid-winter and I wanted some good value wintery gloves. Been very happy with them so far except that the stitching came away from the velcro leaving the velcro still stuck to each other and the wrist adjustment strap flapping in the wind and short of breaking my sewing kit out a bit buggered. I have had them 3 months and have maybe used them 20times. Other than that little gripe, nice gloves and a good price too.

Tryhard
9th October 2010, 07:42
I looked at a few 1tonne items as I was looking to buy pretty much everything with my new bike.

I settled on some Waterproof Black Razor Sports Glove because it was mid-winter and I wanted some good value wintery gloves. Been very happy with them so far except that the stitching came away from the velcro leaving the velcro still stuck to each other and the wrist adjustment strap flapping in the wind and short of breaking my sewing kit out a bit buggered. I have had them 3 months and have maybe used them 20times. Other than that little gripe, nice gloves and a good price too.

Exact same happened to me. Had to sew them back together!

aiki
10th October 2010, 14:29
As a follow up to my jacket: I wore it all winter with no problems, I wore a light windbreaker rain jacket over it when the rain was heavy and rode for hours and stayed dry.
Recently took a high side and snapped the old collarbone, but with all leather gear, good boots, gloves & full face, I came off without any other damage.