PDA

View Full Version : FXR 150 Owners pease read

curious george
21st May 2005, 19:35
Could one of you please measure the widest part of your bike?
I would assume it's the handlebars, and what I'm after is the minimum 'gap' needed to pass through.
BTW, I could be in the market for one of these soon...

Cheers
George

John
21st May 2005, 19:42
http://www.fxr150.ws.net.nz/specifications.php
might help?

Suney
21st May 2005, 19:51
Are you looking for a bike that is suitable for filtering traffic?

crashe
21st May 2005, 20:07
I bet its so that he can take the bike indoors everynight...lol.
Seeing how wide it is and will it fit throu the front door and park it in the lounge.... lol.

sAsLEX
21st May 2005, 20:14
Are you looking for a bike that is suitable for filtering traffic?

xr600 then if the mirrors are in the way lift it up on to the back wheel!!!! :devil2:

curious george
21st May 2005, 20:23
http://www.fxr150.ws.net.nz/specifications.php
might help?
Good thinking Batman. I was actually just there, but missed that.. ;)
Yes, I'm after a Traffic Filter Special... They seem to still go for about 3k, which from memory, was what they sold for new?
As I can't pull wheelies, small is good.
I rode one of these ages ago, and thoght it was a lot of fun.
Thanks Crashe, but the missus wont let it anywhere near the front door!!!
I have seen somebody asseble a RGV from scratch (incl rebuilt gearbox, frame assy and engine in the front room of his flat), but as he complained later, lost his girlfriend somewhere in the middle of it all.
He was wondering if she could be trapped in the geabox somewhere.. he didn't notice her gone really untill much later. :killingme Placed a lost and found ad!! :killingme :killingme

Ixion
21st May 2005, 20:23
I bet its so that he can take the bike indoors everynight...lol.
Seeing how wide it is and will it fit throu the front door and park it in the lounge.... lol.

In that case you don't need the actual narrowest width, because you can get a bike through a gap narrower than the bike - often much narrower. I used to park my bikes inside (laundry though not lounge.)

However I did very recently incur much wrath from Mrs Ixion for riding Li'l Rat Bike down the hall and out the front door.

It seemed logical enough at the time. The gargre has an internal door opening into a straight corridor that leads to a lobby and the front door.

Li'l Rat Bike was parked at the back of the gargre. And the way out through the gargre doors was blocked by cages and Whale. I would have had to shift at least two of them, then put them back.

But the internal door to the corridor was immediately to hand, and an easy approach. So I opened the front door, started up, rode down the corridor, out the front door, and then just a couple of steps to go down and all is good.

Unfortunately Mrs Ixion observed my passage down the passage. For some reason she did not regard the logic as being as inevitable as I did.

She was wrathful, and indignant. Women are strange about things sometimes.

Much apology and placating was required. (Though I still don't see what the problem was , it's not like I wheelied down the hall or anything. Ah well, there's no accounting for women)

So, if considering a shortcut through the house- best not unless the women folk are not about.

curious george
21st May 2005, 20:25
So, if considering a shortcut through the house- best not unless the women folk are not about.
So true.
It's the same if you want to use the oven to heat treat or cure something...
It's not like anybody else wants to use it at the same time. SHeesh

crashe
21st May 2005, 20:31
ohhhhhh you lads.....
You just havent figured it out yet have you.....lol
Never take on a women...
Women know best.

And they are the BOSS.

Ixion
21st May 2005, 20:36
So true.
It's the same if you want to use the oven to heat treat or cure something...
It's not like anybody else wants to use it at the same time. SHeesh

Oh, don't start me on that one. The marital disharmony than can be generated by something as innocuous as an alloy casting preheating has to be experienced to be believed.

I mean the roast can perfectly well go in at the same time, it's not like it will damage the casting or anything :innocent:

John
21st May 2005, 20:55
ohhhhhh you lads.....
You just havent figured it out yet have you.....lol
Never take on a women...
Women know best.

And they are the BOSS.
And smell/stink funny, and the smell/stink costs alot of my money - I gave up on them and I'am marrying bikes/a bike.

curious george
21st May 2005, 23:28
And smell/stink funny, and the smell/stink costs alot of my money
Just reminded me of a time I commented that my g/f smelt nice.
Had she a new perfume? It was much nicer than the choking stuffI can usually smell.......
I said this was nice, and got an elbow in the ribs.
WTF? Why? The s.n.a.g. in me was comming out - noticing these things and this is what I get!?!!

Ahhh, no. It was a new type of Dimp, with some flowery/herby type sent
Oh well, back to being a c.h.o.p. then. :drinknsin