PDA

View Full Version : QUASI RACE REPORT #2 (AMCC)

Quasievil
21st May 2005, 20:06
Wow what a day, left home at 5.15 am and as soon as I got out the door it was raining I thought this is not a problem, like always Taupo will fine up.
I was in Taupo at 7.10 , I thought seen as I was early I would find Frosty and 6Chirs6,who no doubt would be having a coffee sure enough I spotted them and got stuck into a nice coffee before heading out to the track.

I got a nice spot in the pitts and started to set up shop, only problem was I didnt have a bike yet as it was coming down from Auckland, and there lies another Saga, Frosty who was the bike down for me told me his van wasnt going well and he couldnt bring it down for me, this was not good as I didnt have a trailerluckily for me me mate Frosty rung around and Sparky offered to pick it up and bring it down for me, BIG UPS TO SPARKY thanks man.

So here I was getting my "OH FUCK" race face on and priming up best I could for my first racing day, the rain was still slightly on and the track was wet and puddle ridden, I hate riding the road bike in the rain let alone race in the rain.
We went out for a tyre scrub in session which I did to get more time on the track, all was great with the bike and everything felt good.
were soon into practice and I was feeling good about it all and passed a few guys and generally had a good time dispite the wet track, After this I went to check out what theguys were up to in the office and noticed the race standings first thing I said was HOLY FUCK !!! I had qualified second in F3!! couldnt bloody believe it so I was on the front grid with Frosty and Kwakakid, I was bloody worried about this because I knew my starts would be a problem, soon enough I found out YEAP they are a problem.

Race one
I had a crap start and ended up coming last before turn two, I worked hard but Only passed a couple of bikes and ended up 6th (only 9 in F3 I think and they ran 125cc with us) I was happy to pass the other bikes and had a good time

Race two
Next Race I wanted to improve more i my start, I wanted to but I didnt, I had another crap start and finished 7th, very dissapointed with this start thing fucken SP has such a tall first gear its impossible to get away quickly.

Next Race

It had started to rain again so the track was quite wet, I figured if I rode smooth and didnt do anything Dum I would be okay so we lined up , flag dropped and away we go,I was last out of a now 7 bike F3 feild, I got a better start this time though and managed to keep most of the guys really close, I got a few on the first lap and before I knew it I was behind me mate Frosty, I GOT HIM !!! passed Frosty that put me in 3rd position , I loved that moment, before long though he got me back and we must have passed another bike cause Frosty was second and I was third, and I was holding it for a couple of laps, I was right on Frostys arse through the sweeper but couldnt get him, we were both on the edge as he was power sliding out of the corners and I wasnt doing much less, I got right on him by out braking him a bit of the straight going into turn one and tryed to pull him by going on the inside, as I was picking my inside line WAMMMMOOO I was on me arse sliding down the track. I landed on my left hip and low sided the bike (which is good) and all I could see was the ripple strip coming up fast, I thought fuck I hope this doesnt hurt, It didnt I went right over it and ended up in the sand with the bike just in front of me. This sounds perverted but it was kinda cool sliding on your arse !!!!! (only cause I didnt get hurt though )
I got up and picked the bike up and got it back on the track, the foot gear lever had been bent so I could get it out of first so I stuck my hand up and called it a day. No real damage to the bike but its scratched badly on one side, oh well !!

Great Day, good to race with my mates, who will tell their own stories.

Loved watching NICKO kicking everyones arse , fuck he is fast.
Big thanks again to Sparky
Big thanks to frosty Logan and 6Chris and AJturbo
Thanks to Logans Dad
Fuck thanks everyone it was great

Finest moments Qualifying second and Passing Frosty !!!

2_SL0
21st May 2005, 20:15
Sounds like you had fun :yes: :niceone:

sAsLEX
21st May 2005, 20:27
Sounds like you had a good day!!! looking forward to some pics!

Zed
21st May 2005, 21:13
Good write up, thanks Quasi! Sounds like you had a ball out there today with some memorable moments...sorry you took a slide, but that's racing eh!

Looking forward to hearing more of your racing progress. :Punk:

jaybee180
21st May 2005, 21:29
You Go my adopted dad (I'm his new noobie!!!) YAHOO!!!

magnum
21st May 2005, 21:41
on ya :drinknsin

That Guy
21st May 2005, 21:43
A good day's racing - good stuff and hope to get my lazy arse out to a track to race with ya one day soon. Sounds like you low sided where I did a couple of weeks ago - glad to hear you're ok. That corner sort of drops away from you eh!

FROSTY
21st May 2005, 21:56
Wohhoo--quazi lost his virginity 3 times over,First race meeting,first wet race meeting and first race crash.
Im glad it was only a minor bin mate :niceone:
quazi quazi quazi --sheesh ya mean ya diddnt know that LETTING you pass and dry that section of track for me was all in my master plan :killingme
Seriously though mate that was a really nice classic move .I was impressed
get that starting problem sorted and I think youll be up there with us in no time flat.

Racey Rider
21st May 2005, 21:56
(only 9 in F3 I think and they ran 125cc with us)

9 F3 bikes in the Auckland champs!
Come to Manfield were there's 40 odd F3 bikes!

Kwaka-Kid
21st May 2005, 23:11
top effort Quasi!

Certainly are the wee wet weather rider now aint we?!
Enjoyed being out there with you.

crashe
21st May 2005, 23:17
well done quasi.... nice write up...

Look forward to some pics....

Hope you aint too sore tomorrow....
:ride: :ride: :ride: :ride:

Sparky
21st May 2005, 23:25
Hi guys, some pics here:
AMCC round 4 club series 21/5/05 Taupo :niceone:

Two Smoker
22nd May 2005, 12:29
Awesome stuff Brett :niceone: your pace is fucking awesome :niceone: Bad luck about the bin, but lucky it was only a few scratches...

9 F3 bikes in the Auckland champs!
Come to Manfield were there's 40 odd F3 bikes!

I second this, come to Manfield where all the bikes race...

ajturbo
22nd May 2005, 13:12
quasi's crash... i was watching the duel between those two and you could see quasi slowly, each lap, lining up frosty for the big over taking manuver, on turn 1. and so i was really interested to see frosty overtaken by a "NEWBEE"..........

but as in other posts around here, the point had been made that "NEWBEE"S" shouldn't try and keep up or ride outside their capabilties.............

and what happened????? he tryed too hard...:killingme
quasi's bike slipped toooooo much for him to hold onto..... and with that, i watch a senior "NEWBEE" sliding along the track where he should have been riding....it was funny to watch as he slid along..... ( if any dick off could be funny to watch!!) but Quasi really scared me, when he came into the pits (riding) and parked up and said everything was fine.......... he admitted to me that he ENJOYED the crash.......:no: ... sick scary man?:yes: :killingme

but he was riding well and even to concider trying to keep up with frosty... you have to hand it to him!:niceone:
andy
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

sarg
22nd May 2005, 13:36
quasi's crash... i was watching the duel between those two and you could see quasi slowly, each lap, lining up frosty for the big over taking manuver, on turn 1. and so i was really interested to see frosty overtaken by a "NEWBEE"..........

so even a crash is fun glad u had a good day Quasi

GSVR
22nd May 2005, 15:26
You guys must be all fired up for more racing.

25th June 2005, Actrix VMCC Superbike Championships Round 3
Manfield track run in reverse.

Quasi sounds like he's on the pace first meeting excellent effort.

Quasievil
22nd May 2005, 15:28
Well yeah it was kinda cool sliding along the ground at speed, If i was hurt it wouldnt be thats for sure, but I wasnt and I knew a car wasnt about to come the other way so it was all good, I was watching the bike sliding infront of me and it wasnt rolling or anything so I expected to be able to get back on it which I did but the gear shift was bent.

And if anyone want to give me shit about being a newbie and crashing in a couple of words, get fucked, I was on the track where you should go to push yourself to the limit:yes: that experience and the experience of racing will make me a better road rider, so its all good.

FROSTY
22nd May 2005, 15:32
ok quazi--next time I wont use the 007 style oil sqirter to spray oil on ya front wheel- :devil2:
nahh -I say in the racing world almost anything goes--and if he'd made it I would have been hard pressed to take him back.
Fucking gutsy move that was --Having just been out on the track I wouldnt have tried it but then Im a wooosie
Ohh and Im with quazi--crashing in the rain is fun--ya just slide like youre on glass--its kinda fun-as long as you or the bike dont suddenly stop
I crashed once when I was young and stupid --not just stupid back straight of pukihole. and slid for at least 200m . Once Id stopped I literally just picked the bike up and rode back into the pits

ajturbo
22nd May 2005, 15:35
And if anyone want to give me shit about being a newbie and crashing in a couple of words, get fucked, I was on the track where you should go to push yourself to the limit:yes: that experience and the experience of racing will make me a better road rider, so its all good.

ummm Quasi... i was just having fun..... at your expense...thanks!:D

as you will, when i am that moving road block on the track.... did i just feel an elbo in the ribs as you passed me (for the 3rd time??:killingme )

aj

Motoracer
22nd May 2005, 16:41
Top effort there Quasi!!! Good to hear that you were lucky with your crash and both you and the bike weren't damaged much and were able to continue racing.
Couldn't belive that you qualified so well and even managed to sneak up past Frosty. Well done!!

How much exactly have you been holding back on the road? ;)

Quasievil
22nd May 2005, 18:34
ummm Quasi... i was just having fun..... at your expense...thanks!:D

as you will, when i am that moving road block on the track.... did i just feel an elbo in the ribs as you passed me (for the 3rd time??:killingme )

aj

Nah Nah mate that wasnt aimed at you, fuck no, that was a general statement for what I envisaged would be a number of people yapping about newbies on the track, you know like we do About newbies on the road.

Thanks more than heaps for your help AJ, its great to have guys like you and Sparky around helping out with pit stands and the like, big ups mate:niceone:

Gazzar
22nd May 2005, 19:47
Well done Quasi and i think the same as you { go for it on the track not the road } and its good to hear that you and the bike are alrigth. :drinknsin

750Y
22nd May 2005, 19:56
primo write-up quasi. how the hell did you get to race pace so quick? have you been keeping a secret from us? good effort mate...

ajturbo
22nd May 2005, 19:57
Nah Nah mate that wasnt aimed at you, fuck no, that was a general statement for what I envisaged would be a number of people yapping about newbies on the track, you know like we do About newbies on the road.

Thanks more than heaps for your help AJ, its great to have guys like you and Sparky around helping out with pit stands and the like, big ups mate:niceone:

hey if i cannot get out there.....
i hate JUST watching.. that why it was so hard to JUST watch in peoroa (sp)