PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Restricted and Full tests?

Thaeos
4th May 2010, 12:52
I'm going to be doing my restricted fairly soon, and just looking through the rode code licencing guide it seemed that there was hardly any difference between the practical tests for the restricted and full licence.

They seem to cover exactly the same stuff, only with the full test definitely taking you into 70 - 100 zones whereas the resticted only might take you there. At least that's the only real difference I can see?

So what's the point in having a basically duplicate test? It reads as if only the most basic of riding skills are tested, twice.

Gone Burger
4th May 2010, 13:08
Well, I have just sat my full test today. Was very suprised with how similar it was.

Basically, it was the same as the restricted test, just a little longer, with a bit more hazrd detection. There was a wee bit more highway riding than the restricted, and 2 sections of dectecting and observing all moving harards.

Very straight forward, and I really don't know what I was all worked up about.

Best of luck for your restricted. Both test took about half and hour for me, although they state that they should be longer. Morning is a good time to book your exam for. Head out for a short practise ride just prior to your test and you'll be good to go! It means you don't have all day to be worrying about it, and can truely enjoy your day when you pass! All the best

hellokitty
4th May 2010, 18:43
If you are doing really well, they can shorten your test - thats what I was told - did mine in 15 minutes!!!

nothingflash
4th May 2010, 19:49
I found the full test a lot more relaxed than the restricted. It was certainly more focused towards hazard identification than the restricted.

firefighter
4th May 2010, 19:57
Bro. you stole my avatar! WTF!?

Thaeos
5th May 2010, 10:27
Bro. you stole my avatar! WTF!?

Hahahaha .... well ... it is a sexy bike, no?