PDA

View Full Version : What is it with guys bout girls on bikes?

Pages : [1] 2

chic 'n' charge
15th November 2003, 13:36
Why is it that it's OK for guys to have nice bikes - but not us girls

Well it's not an argument starter (hopefully). I just want to know why is it that some guys just can't get it in their thick skulls that girls/women like to have nice things also.
I have a 1994 Kawasaki ZX9R and I'm proud of that. I get comments like "Oh aren't you spoilt having your mum & dad buy that for you" and "whats a good looking girl like you doing with a big bike like that!". It's so stupid. I must admit that in the last few months it has got better or maybe I'm just ignoring them more.

Is it just that some guys feel inferior to women on bikes?
Is it that they feel they can't compete?
Or maybe it's just the fact that they don't know how to act around us!!.

My best friend (also my passenger on my race sidecar) is a guy who doesn't have a problem and its so nice to actually hear compliments about my bike for once.

I ride with an all girl group called Babes On Bikes - we don't have rules or anything like that - its a group of women riders that get together and have a great time on our bikes. I hear of guys saying "oh I wouldn't ride with a women - they ride too slow" but hey that's crap - half the time when us girls ride together we leave the boys behind.

I think it's time NZ really woke up to the idea that women are on the agenda for having just as nice things as the men. What do you think?? Do you agree? How can attitudes be changed? Every thought welcome - politeness is promised in replies.

:brick:

What?
15th November 2003, 13:47
Yes, some guys seem to have a problem. Not most, just some. Unfortunately, they are the ones who make most of the noise. Alot of them aren't very competent themselves, either. Maybe they like to put others down to feel good about themselves?? F*** knows - just laugh at them (and wave as you go past...) :D

chic 'n' charge
15th November 2003, 13:49
I normally just do the middle finger wave - but thanks for your thoughts. I know there are good guys out there hiding somewhere......Just wish they would shut the others up....
:cool:

wkid_one
15th November 2003, 15:03
For me - a woman biker would be superb - no more arguments of ride time - just arguments over destinations..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm UTOPIA.....

I think what you will find is that many guys, tho they would hate to admit it, are either scared of bikes or can't ride them - therefore seeing a woman doing something they themselves can't or won't do hits them right in the ego............

My thoughts anyway........

Andrew
15th November 2003, 16:49
Put it like this, I didn't exactly go out of my way to tell the whole world that I owned a 150. Likewise I don't rant and rave on about my 250. We'll see what my next bike brings, maybe 400cc is the threshold before I'll start telling people about my bikes!!

marty
15th November 2003, 16:58
1. nothing wrong with a 250.

2. i like to ride with girls.

3. i especially like to have a coffee and a chat with them at some out of the way cafe somewhere.

Motoracer
15th November 2003, 17:11
I love women and I love Bikes. A woman on a bike is just twice the fun (this is not just for possible partners but for possible friends as well of course).

P.S. If there are any women only/predominatly women groups in Auckland, please let me know, anyone? I would love to go for a ride with such a group.:p

curious george
15th November 2003, 18:01
Is this a new thing, or an old problem?
Like its been said above, just lead the way lady, and wait for us at intersections.

Most people who are like that are just jealous, and secretly like their mum and dad to buy them a bike too.
They were also probably bad all year, so Santa only gave them a lump of coal each for christmas. Which they ate.

If anyone has a rich mum and dad who buys them any unwanted bikes, Ill take them. No shame here.:)

chic 'n' charge
15th November 2003, 19:54
Hey guys - thanks for your support. It's not a new problem cos I've been riding for ages.

Andrew: There is absolutely nothing wrong with any size bike - I started on an Ax100, then RD250LC, then VFR400 now ZX9R. You get out there and blurt it all around town.

:2thumbsup :p :niceone: :cool:

Liv, Norway
16th November 2003, 03:32
It's an interesting topic you got there, Chic 'n' charge!:)

I think there are some guys who are thinking like that here in Norway too, but I have never experienced it.

So what'll I do if a guy are asking me:
-''What do a girl like you on a bike like that?''
-''Give you a nightmare, I hope.''

Or do any of you have any suggestions for an good ansver for the fool?

:) Liv.

andy1
16th November 2003, 12:31
yea i love girls on bikes!:rockon:

but i love taking them on the back! they love the speed that us boys can ride at. took my gf for a ride on the back and blasted the motorway at 200km in the city racing between cars and trucks, she just went crazy. (on 600cc bike)

but i gotta say that the chicks that i have ridden wit they cant keep up, and complain and complain about dirt or oil & riding around them in the corner. (plus ck)

:done:

Motoracer
16th November 2003, 13:18
I think some girls are not as fast as the extremely fast guys because of biological reasons. Women tend to ride more sensibly and not take so many risks because of low testosterone levels where as most of the guys usually ride with their balls and not so much their heads because of high testosterone levels. There are some other factors as well but this is the most obvious one.

I used to find myself braking later or going on the throttle earlier not because it was safe/wise to do so but because I wanted to go faster than the guy infront or behind me.

mangell6
16th November 2003, 19:16
There is a group that I ride with, we have ridden over 6,000kms together. Now the group consists of four non-male riders, bikes have been GSX600F, Honda Bros 650, SV650, RF900R, and an F650. One has testosterone as she does some real dumb things, more likely that she is competitive and may need to prove something to herself, she may get even wiped out one day.

I have this opinion that those male riders that have a problem with women riding are not confident in their own ability or feel threatened. Geez this sounds like sycologee:p

Another opinion that I have is that all sidecar riders are nuts and that their passengers are very religous as they have a lot of faith in the rider. :D :D

Anyway chic 'n' charge, to ride a s/c you must be very skilled or nuts. Doesn't matter wither way, :niceone:

Mike

PS The group of women that are part of our group call themselves "the Tartlets" we men don't ask how the name came to be.

Kickaha
16th November 2003, 20:48
Originally posted by mangell6

Another opinion that I have is that all sidecar riders are nuts and that their passengers are very religous as they have a lot of faith in the rider. :D :D

Not religious,but I do have complete faith in her!

Lou Girardin
17th November 2003, 14:55
Girls that are into toys. Perfect! But I'm glad my wife isn't, can't afford two bikes. Then again, I'm not allowed a widescreen TV. Can't win.

aff-man
17th November 2003, 15:14
Hell i don't really care what a chick rides as long as she doesn't mind me paying more attention/ staring at her bike instead of her :o :o

bluninja
18th November 2003, 10:14
Originally posted by Motoracer
I think some girls are not as fast as the extremely fast guys because of biological reasons. Women tend to ride more sensibly and not take so many risks because of low testosterone levels where as most of the guys usually ride with their balls and not so much their heads because of high testosterone levels. There are some other factors as well but this is the most obvious one. 

Errr......I think you'll find the agressive and high risk taking behaviour is actually down to low testosterone in a male....yes I know it's counter inutitive.......but you know the guy with something to prove, or who feels threatened by others....low testosterone.

I don't think that women per se are slower than men. The reason that we don't have many top class women racers is not the skill or dedication factor but the social factor. How many dads get their daughters into biking as soon as poss, and then push them in racing (compared to what they would do with boys). And how many sponsors are queuing up to pour money into female riders?

As for on the road, perhaps women will surivive all the fast males who end up on the crash statistics.

TTFN

Kwaka-Kid
18th November 2003, 10:55
Originally posted by bluninja
testosterone
TTFN

that one word sums it up for us guys i think? :D

Motoracer
18th November 2003, 10:58
What do you mean??

From what I know, its a story about the male and female hormons.

The male hormone is called Testosterone. This hormon adds certain characteristics to a person. Characteristics in both physical and mental form. Testosterone makes people stronger, faster and generally more aggresive. Men in general have higher testosterone levels than women. This is determined at birth when the chromosoms become either XY or XX.

The female hormon is called Oestrogen. This hormon also adds physical and mental characteristics to a person. We can make a generalisation saying that oestrogen is what makes person feminine. eg, less body hair, thiner voice etc. The mental effects of this would be maturity in the mind from an early stage. Physical effects are of course fat storage in the body among others. eg breasts.

You are right though, the way some one grows up heavily effects the persons attitude, likes, dislikes, etc.

bluninja
18th November 2003, 11:17
Testosterone is called the male hormone, but women produce it (1 quarter being produced in the ovaries from converting ostregen) at about 1 twentieth of the male level. It's not just the levels of hormone, but what and where your hormone receptors are. The chicken and egg question is whether high testosterone also produces aggressive risk taking behaviour (riding balls out) or whether it is the agrressive risk taking behaviour that raises testosterone levels. I subscribe to the latter.

and BTW men produce ostregen (converting testosterone) as well.

Suggesting that women don't ride fast because of biological reasons seems a little simplistic given that the bike is doing the work (other than steering input) and the generally smaller lighter female would have power to weight ratio advantage over a heavier larger male.

TTFN

Motoracer
18th November 2003, 12:03
Yes I was aware that both male and females produce testosterone and ostregen but I didn' t want to comlicate the matter even further.

Ok...females are lighter thus they have the physical side of the biological advantage however my point was more towards the differences between the behavior/charactaristics of male and females, thus the general differences between the riding of a bike between males and females.

I guess it is a 'chicken n egg' question because there really has to be extensive reasearch done on the topic to reach some kind of a valid generalisation.

My opinion on the topic remains open. I don't doubt women's ability to do anything at all. They are just people like us males. However there are some very distinctive differences between the two sexes that no one can deny.

SILVER SUZI
18th November 2003, 12:10
Gee guys thank's for the biology lesson, but really:whocares:

Chicks on bikes...Great idea, pulled up next to one today.
She was there before me, that means she was obviously ahead of me.

Who said they are slow. Just cause you never saw a flat out fast chick on a bike doesn't mean they aren't there, it just means you ride too slow to catch up to em!

Good on you "chicks in charge", hope to see you on the road someday, I'll ride with you anytime. Dosen't matter if we're guys or gals, on the road we are all bikers!!!

Se Ya

duckman
18th November 2003, 13:04
More girls on bikes = Happier boys watching girls in leather!!

:done: :p :2thumbsup

bluninja
18th November 2003, 14:37
Motoracer, you think that's complicating the matter?:D However I can feel a testosterone fueled pissing competition coming on:D :D :cool: so I'll shut up.

Suzi, thanks for grounding me back to temporary sanity. Motoracer said that women were slower than men, not me :o I t will be interesting seeing what motoracer has to say when Mitch goes around the outside of him at the racetrack.

TTFN

Motoracer
18th November 2003, 14:58
I know, I know, I had that thought in my mind the whole time. Thats why I said things like 'most women' or 'generally' because I know there are some very fast women out there. I know how fast Mitch is, I saw her in the track day. I could only hope to someday, after LOTS and LOTS of practice, be anywhere near her level.

P.S. I didn't say that Si, I said GENERALY they are with exceptions of course. But then again, please don't listen to me people, as I am only a 19 year old guy with not a lot of knowledge and experience. I haven't really 'seen it all' so to speak. So please excuse me if my comments were hideously incorrect. I was mearly trying to look at it from a scientific perspective rather than a social one.

I am shutting up as well and I hope I didn't offend anyone.
:)

bluninja
18th November 2003, 15:07
LOL @ motoracer. I was having fun too.....but I guess the thread got a bit hijacked.

TTFN

MadDuck
18th November 2003, 19:51
Originally posted by andy1
yea i love girls on bikes!:rockon:

but i love taking them on the back! they love the speed that us boys can ride at. took my gf for a ride on the back and blasted the motorway at 200km in the city racing between cars and trucks, she just went crazy. (on 600cc bike)

Am I the only one that thought - hoped you informed your g/f that at 200km if summit went wrong she would not look so pretty anymore? At least she aint gonna see it coming if she busy screaming her head off I guess :o

Surely that kinda speed is for the race track? And before you say you are a great rider blah blah blah...not all those cage drivers give a toss at how fast you going when they decide to pull out

Just my 2 cents worth :done:

andy1
18th November 2003, 21:27
:niceone:

andy1
18th November 2003, 21:27

Marmoot
18th November 2003, 21:34
girl on bike? Sexy in a special way :niceone:
And 2 thumbs up for the parents not to go mental over it :2thumbsup

andy1
18th November 2003, 22:10
(madDuck)
just put the high beam on and ya sweet as bro!

and dont tell me what it would be like if i came off on da motorway at high speed because i already know.

Goddess of Goof
18th November 2003, 23:33
My two-cents worth, after a long time observing male and female behaviour, and how it has changed over the decades is Some females can excel almost anything some males can do, if they put their minds to it.   

Just like some males can excel at what females can do, if they put their minds to it.  eg Male nurses.  I knew an excellent one. A rare and special guy......

Only Question is, do they want to?

Do women want the rigour of excelling at male-dominated activities? eg motorcycle track racing ?  only a rare and special few.

Do men want to risk excelling at female-dominated activites? eg primary school special needs teachers?  only a rare and special few.

Hormones, social conditioning, psychological aptitude, temperament, genes, chromosomes, early behaviour patterning, to name a few factors, it dosen't count much. People assess the activity, and either buy into it or not.

Why are manholes called manholes ? Because no sensible woman would ever want to go down one, I suppose.    :Oops:   er, woman holes ?????no no no no

Coldkiwi
19th November 2003, 11:31
(madDuck)
just put the high beam on and ya sweet as bro!

and dont tell me what it would be like if i came off on da motorway at high speed because i already know.

Andy, I must admit I'm dying to know how you crashed on the mway. Were you being a total burk or something?? Its really a relatively safe environment as far as I can tell.

andy1
19th November 2003, 16:38
ok. i hit the motorway at greenlane heading north and traffic was shit (the night of the super 12 semi final) was fuckn dark and tinted visor dont work well at night. i was cruising down the middle in and out of traffic at a nice pace 110km-130km and the traffic started to clear so i started to use the middle of the lane. i changed lanes and hit the rear of a car at about 110km and which the car was moving about 20km. (THIS CAR DIDNT HAVE REAR LIGHTS!) so how the fuck can ya see it.
i ended up 2 lanes away next to the middle of the motorway. i cant remember a fuckn thing but this is what da coppers said. im lucky to be alive but shit happens and ill keep riding bikes till i die!

MadDuck
19th November 2003, 19:58
(madDuck)

I think you missed my point Andy1. Does your pillion know what would happen at that speed? Is she too young to die?

What you do to yourself is your own business.....

Sorry I digress from original thread :Oops:

Lou Girardin
20th November 2003, 07:31
This thread and wkids crash remind me of the old pilots saying;
There's old bikers and there's bold bikers, but there's no old, bold bikers.
Ahh! The wisdom of age. (Not)
Lou

Motoracer
20th November 2003, 07:50
Originally posted by Lou Girardin
There's old bikers and there's bold bikers, but there's no old, bold bikers.
Ahh! The wisdom of age. (Not)
Lou

Thats almost the truth however I have met an exception. He is the fastest road rider I have ever met and he is half a century old. This is the same legend who did the Kopu mobil station to the whangamata turn off intersection in 8 minutes flat.

I know its not right and all the rest of it, but you gotto give some credit to the guy cause in all his years he only had one accident which wasn't even his fault. Now, he has setteled down and I think he has given up on the fast road riding.

jrandom
20th November 2003, 12:01
Originally posted by BestFun
Why are manholes called manholes? Because no sensible woman would ever want to go down one, I suppose.

Oh dear. Feedlines R Us.

Must resist temptation... must... gaaaaah :D

Anyway, I always thought 'The Manhole' would be an excellent name for a gay bar.

Slim
20th November 2003, 12:33
This is the same legend who did the Kopu mobil station to the whangamata turn off intersection in 8 minutes flat.
Is that actually physically possible?!?!?! :shit:

Motoracer
20th November 2003, 13:16
He said that one of his mates witnessed the start then phoned the other mate at kopu to tell him to start the stop watch. So the mate at kopu started the stopwatch and recorded the whole time until he showed up at kopu.

I don't expect people to believe it before they have seen him in action, few can see him in action for more than a few minutes because he literally disappears into the horizon that fast!! He used to do 295 on the straights, 160-220 around most corners.

When you put together the top of the line machinery with an experienced old nutter, the results can be quite extreme!!

P.S. sorry, I got it the other way around. It was from the turn off to kopu not the other way around like I said in the previous post.

Lou Girardin
20th November 2003, 15:09
That is seriously impressive. But, since when is 50 old.
Young bloody whippersnapper, when I was your age I, blah blah blah, dribble, rave. :Oops:

What?
20th November 2003, 16:24
The report of this stunt was thrashed out in an earlier thread. And, as one who knows that road intimately, I do not, and never will, believe it. 8 minutes would be seriously fast if the road was straight...

Motoracer
20th November 2003, 16:46
Well... I can't say that it was done infront of my eyes but when we did it, It didn't take him that long with heavy traffic. It may or may not be 8 minutes flat but That guy was FAST! I wouldn't be surprised if it really was true...

Anyway, thats end of that and sorry for Hijacking this thread again! :Oops:

Marmoot
20th November 2003, 17:36
Too bad he wasn't a girl on a bike :p
Otherwise, he would be sexy in a special kind of way......

Motoracer
20th November 2003, 17:59
Even if he was a girl on a bike, personally I think the 31 years of age difference would have been a bit too much for myself. LMAO :D

SILVER SUZI
21st November 2003, 11:59
I'm rather familliar with that road myself and IF it was done it must have been a while ago as the road is just too damn busy theese days. At that speed you'd catch up too 20 odd cars, and have to try and pass em without getting wiped out by the 20 odd going the other way.
By the way 30k's (it's about that I think) in 8 minutes is an average speed of 225 clicks, and that road is about as straight as Queen!:roadkill:

marty
21st November 2003, 13:52
it's 27 k's from kopu to hikuai. i'm having trouble believing it could be done. i'd believe 8 minutes to the summit from kopu, but it's a long way down from there....

maybe it took him 8 minutes to walk from the gas station to the kopu turnoff, then caught a ride on the back of a ute?

Coldkiwi
21st November 2003, 13:55
yeah, it was debated earlier and debunked as bollocks. Average speed would need to be around 220kph to do that. The fastest moto GP boys often only average 160 kph on their flat, open tracks with the worlds best machinery/tyres, reactions/skills and road surfaces.

Now you tell me if you think that sounds a little unlikely up a bumpy twisty hill with cars on it ... :stupid:

Motoracer
21st November 2003, 14:44
I am a person who likes to reason with logic, physics and mathematics as well so it does sound questionable now.

I know some one else who should have similar speeds on that road. I will ask him to time him self. At least I would know how true that time was after he does the same run on exactly the same bike as the other guy.

merv
21st November 2003, 15:18
I know some one else who should have similar speeds on that road. I will ask him to time him self. At least I would know how true that time was after he does the same run on exactly the same bike as the other guy.

I just hope he doesn't die in the attempt.

Motoracer
21st November 2003, 15:30
That danger can never be avoided but this really is just another weekends thrash. So no need to worry.

I only wish I could have gone for a ride as well. I am already missing my road bike after haveing to come to work in a car for the second day. :( I guess the saying that goes 'you can't live with em and you can't live with out em' goes for bikes as well.

SPman
21st November 2003, 17:02
I guess the saying that goes 'you can't live with em and you can't live with out em' goes for bikes as well.

Oh? I thought the saying was " you can't live with them...and you can't live with them!"

:D

chic 'n' charge
26th November 2003, 21:23
Well hi all, again, :cool:

Looks as though I hit an interesting subject huh.
Thanks for all your thoughts and ideas.
I love to ride and race motorbikes and that will never change . I don't have any sponsors - don't need any really - but I know my best friend (female) who runs a Speedway Modified Sprint (NZ1) had no probs getting sponsors. Its more about presenting ourselves and not giving up that counts. And having people who support us no matter what is all that really matters.

Keep up the interesting chat.

Chow for now. Ride free and safe my friends.

Send me e-mail if you're ever heading down my way :niceone:

Redstar
26th November 2003, 22:04
Its a fact that 98% of bikers are Male. now then one in 9 are gay give me a kiss and i'll tell you who they are!:D
now of the fairer sex there are the "I really am a bloke but they got me wrong when they cut it off" then the I was raised on a farm and Dad wanted a boy" and then there are a few real biker chicks! only a few and god I wish I had met one when I was young I would have really been fulfilled!
I love to see Ladies on bikes they are so cool :2thumbsup
They are so powerfull! the bigger the bike the better!
uuughh. Cold shower time:done:

Lee Rusty
27th November 2003, 02:57
He said that one of his mates witnessed the start then phoned the other mate at kopu to tell him to start the stop watch. So the mate at kopu started the stopwatch and recorded the whole time until he showed up at kopu.

I don't expect people to believe it before they have seen him in action, few can see him in action for more than a few minutes because he literally disappears into the horizon that fast!! He used to do 295 on the straights, 160-220 around most corners.

When you put together the top of the line machinery with an experienced old nutter, the results can be quite extreme!!

P.S. sorry, I got it the other way around. It was from the turn off to kopu not the other way around like I said in the previous post.

he is bullshitting you - to do an average of 245 (needed speed)
he would have to do TWICE that where ever possible
he probably catches huge fish - butthe seagulls eat them on the way home

Motoracer
27th November 2003, 07:44
I know he was bullshiting now. I think he liked to spice up the story a bit but it wasn't all lies. I would say that he would still be one of the fastest guys through thoes roads.

Jackrat
29th November 2003, 00:17
I don,t really care about some liar on a Ducati or any other bike come to that,But this thread was I belive about women on bikes,so here goes.I think if a woman wants to ride,good for her,if
she has a nicer bike than me fine,thats not hard.
Now taking it a step further I don,t mix well with other male riders,I find the big noting an BS really boring.
I love the feeling of isolation that comes with riding,I mostly ride by myself or with guys I have known for a very long time and have total trust in.Iv,e already had a guy die in a very messy way in front of me,Iv,e had a couple of others die in the same way,but I was lucky enough not to see it.I only met those guys because we rode.I don,t ever intend to make the same mistake again.
If I do ride with a new friend now I make damn sure they ride in the same manner as I or it don,t happen.This brings us back to women on bikes,as I said fine,but not if they think they have to keep up with the boys,So if we should ever cross paths don,t think I,m anti women,I,m just not taking the risk of watching another person chuck up great gobs of blood all over the road while their body is all twisted an smashed.When I had a say in such things I never let my own dauhter have a boy friend who rode incase she hooked up with someone like some of the idiots on this site.Now she has gone her own way she has no intrest in bikes.And for all the bleaters who are going to jump on this.In thirty odd years I have been down on the road twice,the first time a woman in a cage,no damage,the second time my own fault
and a major eye opener.Unlike some I very seldom have trouble with people in cars,my one car incident was twenty years ago and I can see how I added to the problem,belive me it won,t happen again,They are all forseeable and avoidable.
Anyway I don,t have a problem with women on nice bikes so enjoy.

SPman
29th November 2003, 01:06
Well put.

Coldkiwi
29th November 2003, 13:03
Originally posted by Jackrat
Unlike some I very seldom have trouble with people in cars,my one car incident was twenty years ago and I can see how I added to the problem,belive me it won,t happen again,They are all forseeable and avoidable.

It must be blissful living in Waiuku. I presume you don't come into the city or botany downs much then?

I'll agree that most accidents where the car is at fault are forseeable and avoidable but if I rode such that I absolutely minimised the risk to the enth degree (no lane splitting, no riding next to cars, no firm acclerating away from lights/corners, no heavy braking into open corners, no leanoing past 10'...) I would not enjoy myself at all... and if I don't enjoy myself on a bike , I'd rather be in a car where I can at least enjoy the music.

As much as I may be perceived by average cage driving joe public as a maniac ( I would disagree but lets not digress- hoho :) ), there are still plenty of more reckless and unpredictable people out there than me and its the unpredictable/inattentive ones that can always get you.

Jackrat
29th November 2003, 14:37
Well sorry but you presume wrong,I am into the city and other places on a regular basic.
Riding saftly doesn,t mean you have to ride like a woss,But you will work that out in your own time,I hope.
And yes it is very nice living in Waiuku,Thank you.

Liv, Norway
30th November 2003, 01:56
Hi Jackrat.

You said something about riding with others, and they don't ride like you do. I understand.

For many years I was a pillon on my boyfriends bike, and last year I got me a bike myselfes. I learn a lot from my boyfriend; when I'm riding my bike after him, and when we talk at home.

Once I asked him:
Do you prefer us on the same bike (like we used to) or do you want me to ride my bike and you ride yours?
Well, it was hard for him to answer, and I totally understand!

He's proud of me for riding my own bike, but he know I got a lot to learn. It's safer to have me right behind his back on his bike, and he don't have to worry if I do something wrong on my bike.

But he wants me to ride my bike!
And I'm sure he worry a little when he know I'm out for a ride on my own.

All this are normal, for all people - girl or boy!
We all care for those we love, and the traffic is dangerous.
But does he worry more because I'm a girl?

I don't think so!!!

:) Liv.:)

Big Dog
30th November 2003, 12:28
Hmm, interesting thought.
Maybe I am unloving or maybe I just trust my partners too much.

I have had past G/F's who ride and I never lay awake at night wondering how they were doing.

As to my present G/F.. i want to get her a bike because there is no way her riding can possibly be as bad as her driving. She gets behind the wheel and feels ten foot tall and bullet proof!

At least motorbikes intimidate her. When she gets better she will probably feel ten feet tall and bulletproof again but hopefully by then she will have learnt enough respect for the road / skills to not get herself killed.

She learnt to drive at a very young age so she never went through the whole paranoia stage and it shows in her driving.

So yes I will buy her a bike but she won't be allowed on the road with it until she has a license and had some professional lessons.

:2thumbsup :o

Slim
30th November 2003, 13:05
Originally posted by chic 'n' charge
I've never encountered anything worse than pleased surprise from males, when I get off the bike & remove my helmet.

Big Dog
30th November 2003, 13:44
Originally posted by Slim
I've never encountered anything worse than pleased surprise from males, when I get off the bike & remove my helmet.

Prolly pleasantly relieved to not find yet another middle aged born again biker, not to mention relieved at checking out the "cut of your leathers" from behind.

ManDownUnder
6th December 2003, 13:07
Hells bells - it is the vehicle that does the work not the person - so that's the physical side of the argument taken care of (ok ok - yes some events require physical strength and arguably there is more to be found in a guy... on avergae and - who gives a crap really??)

If a person wants to ride a bike, they are capable of riding a bike, and they can afford to ride a bike...

.. ride a bike!

My personal thought is that motorcyclists tend to be a little more assured of themselves as people, confident and capable... and those attributes in a woman are highly desirable (in my book anyway).

Ladies - if you want to ride them - ride them. If you'd care for some company riding them - let me know. I'll gladly try (but don't promise to be able to) keep up.

MDU

Big Dog
8th December 2003, 16:31
Originally posted by ManDownUnder

Ladies - if you want to ride them - ride them. If you'd care for some company riding them - let me know. I'll gladly try (but don't promise to be able to) keep up.

MDU
:stupid: Except I don't even try to keep up with some of them.

Goddess of Goof
8th December 2003, 23:07
Originally posted by ManDownUnder
My personal thought is that motorcyclists tend to be a little more assured of themselves as people, confident and capable... and those attributes in a woman are highly desirable (in my book anyway). MDU

I find it fascinating to see that riders can be just as you say - assured, confident, and capable..... yes, all of this...... when they are on their bikes,

BUT when they are not on their bikes, they behave just like everyone else,

with doubts, hesitation, procrastination and insecurities like all the rest.

True ?

Motu
9th December 2003, 07:00
Same goes for those on internet forums - in real life they are not so out going and opinionated,well in my case anyway.

ManDownUnder
9th December 2003, 09:26
Originally posted by BestFun
I find it fascinating to see that riders can be just as you say - assured, confident, and capable..... yes, all of this...... when they are on their bikes,

BUT when they are not on their bikes, they behave just like everyone else,

with doubts, hesitation, procrastination and insecurities like all the rest.

True ?

Very good point - agreed
MDU

Coldkiwi
9th December 2003, 11:31
Originally posted by Motu
Same goes for those on internet forums - in real life they are not so out going and opinionated,well in my case anyway.

probably because some of us have too much time to spend on here that we are tempted to post our opinions on everything! (guilty as charged). In real life I need a little bit of time to properly form my opinion and response (or alternatively blather like an idiot).

as for the procrastination/hesitation etc etc when off the bike, i think it happens on the bike as well but is manifest in in the following ways

taking dodgy lines through corners
being rough and ready on the throttle
panicky on the brakes
most of the time we hit the road!
lots of other symptoms of not being a GP level rider!

FROSTY
13th January 2004, 23:14
undefinedundefinedundefined
Holey cow -you all mean there are people that arent just biased against bikiers they dislike female bikers. Sheesh
To me a woman biker is pretty darn Hot.

Liv, Norway
14th January 2004, 05:04
Holey cow -you all mean there are people that arent just biased against bikiers they dislike female bikers. Sheesh

xjxjxj!

I think I love you! ;-)

Liv, female.

ManDownUnder
14th January 2004, 08:06
And (Liv's comments aside - although I'm really glad to hear theme LOL) so do I (think they're hot). There is something about a woman having fun on two wheels. I paired up with a woman in Taranaki (GREAT roads down there) for about 50kms and it was a bl;ast.

How we got no tickets I'm not sure and there was a sense of loss when we parted ways... :bye: :disapint:
MDU

Hitcher
14th January 2004, 08:20
My bestest biking buddy is Mrs Hitcher. She rides her own wheels but on occasions is also an exceptionally good pillion. We've ridden about 22,000km together in the last year -- and there's no commuting in that total.
Our next project is bike-to-bike intercom.
:love:

KATWYN
14th January 2004, 08:40
My bestest biking buddy is Mrs Hitcher. She rides her own wheels but on occasions is also an exceptionally good pillion. We've ridden about 22,000km together in the last year -- and there's no commuting in that total.
Our next project is bike-to-bike intercom.
:love:

My hubby and I tried that one with a uniden intercom between bikes.

Hubby set it all up (including putting the speaker and microphone permanantly inside our helmets) really exciting when we got on the
bikes to test it all out.

Can you hear me now?...no
how about now? ...no
now? ...... no

What about now?...yes!!.........but at that point he had pulled over to
the side of the road and I was directly behind him......! sheeesh

There was heaps of crackling and noise interferance. but apparently the hertz wasn't enuff we needed a real grunty one. so that was gunna be
about 2,500 and we didnt want to spend that sort of money.

He gets enuff of "my chat" at home without having to pay 2,500 grands for it! :mobile:

Hitcher
14th January 2004, 10:39
My hubby and I tried that one with a uniden intercom between bikes.

Hubby set it all up (including putting the speaker and microphone permanantly inside our helmets) really exciting when we got on the
bikes to test it all out.

Can you hear me now?...no
how about now? ...no
now? ...... no

What about now?...yes!!.........but at that point he had pulled over to
the side of the road and I was directly behind him......! sheeesh

There was heaps of crackling and noise interferance. but apparently the hertz wasn't enuff we needed a real grunty one. so that was gunna be
about 2,500 and we didnt want to spend that sort of money.

He gets enuff of "my chat" at home without having to pay 2,500 grands for it! :mobile:
LOL

I'll let you know how we get on... Handsignals only go so far...

If you see me advertising a couple of walkie talkies in a month or so, you'll know what happened!
:Oops:

wkid_one
14th January 2004, 12:02
I soooo agree. I find this in work all the time. Someone will come back to you with a harsh response to an email - yet - would never in a million years say it to your face.

People are also more inclined to complain over email, negotiate price over email, ask the harder questions over email etc - why, because it is de-personalised - there is no confrontation and discomfort that arises from it.

Once it is sent - you never see the persons reaction and if they do respond badly - you can just delete it.

I prefer to be a argumentative prick in real life and email - it is easier than having 2 personalities

marty
14th January 2004, 12:32

but those bunny ears give you away every time slim..... :)

ps - if you got off an augusta or mille i reckon the boys would pass out......

Hitcher
14th January 2004, 12:40
I soooo agree. I find this in work all the time. Someone will come back to you with a harsh response to an email - yet - would never in a million years say it to your face.

People are also more inclined to complain over email, negotiate price over email, ask the harder questions over email etc - why, because it is de-personalised - there is no confrontation and discomfort that arises from it.

Once it is sent - you never see the persons reaction and if they do respond badly - you can just delete it.

I prefer to be a argumentative prick in real life and email - it is easier than having 2 personalities
I find this at work -- people are prepared to say things in email they would never in a million years put in a letter. Threats against personal safety/property damage, the whole 9 yards. Correspondence to the PM that starts "Dear Helen" or worse...
:Pokey:

Draco
15th January 2004, 11:22
We all seem to agree that it doesnt matter if your male or female. Everyone on this site enjoys riding bikes and most enjoy riding with others regardless of gender. As a women from the country (northland) ive struck constant sexism. I get ignored at group rides, ignored in bike shops, ignored in biking conversations at parties, and even had many men not belive i ride a sportsbike until another man confirms it. It's much better here in the city. Im also really fortunate to have a partner who really encourages women to ride. He even helped me finance my latest bike. But he is rare, to him it doesnt matter what size bike you ride. Sure he would love to see me on a 600, 750 or even bigger, but when i met him i was riding an RG150, (which he borrowed to get his licence back). And why should we have to keep up?? Do you men expect other men to keep up even if theyre a learner?? Some men are fast, some women are fast, and vice-versa. I'm a cautious rider for two reasons: 1) Spending time in intensive care after crashing makes you cautious if you have a brain & 2) I have an 8yr daughter to raise. Which proves someone's earlier point that social circumstances play a big part in why alot of women are more cautious.

We're only having this debate because women do meet with sexism. The reasons are irrelevant now because we're out there doing it, we only need to focus on changing those attitudes, and the best ones to have any impact on this are you men who fully support and encourage us by passing on your enlightened views to other men. Thanx to all those men out there who are doing this and chicks like me enjoy sharing this awesome hobby/sport with you. :)

chic 'n' charge
13th February 2004, 22:46
Im also really fortunate to have a partner who really encourages women to ride. He even helped me finance my latest bike. But he is rare, to him it doesnt matter what size bike you ride.

Wicked - does your partner have a brother?? :love:

Neat to hear from other women who experience the same treatment.
:whocares: I really don't get bothered by it much. Lifes too short to worry about others thoughts. Imagine living our lives by what other people think we should do. I would be a nun for sure. :niceone: :sunny:
Hope you enjoy your riding days whatever sized bike you are on. Only you will know when you're ready to move to a bigger one. Ladies in our girls only group still ride 250cc's and wont change. They love it. :scooter:

Al
14th February 2004, 08:18
Ladies on bikes are way cool.
Everyone who rides a motorbike for their own pleasure is way cool (note: Mr Plod rides because it is his job)
Girls can ride anything from scoots to beasts.... as long as they are happy and confident it is :niceone:
Same goes for guys. Ride what you are comfortable/confident with AND what you can afford, if someone doesn't like your ride: FUGGEM

DebK
14th February 2004, 16:22
Observation from a newbie:With helmet & full gears on gender is unrecognisable in a majority of cases, right?

Smart-arse comments from others is pure jealousy. These kind of people (& some women can make shitty comments too) are sad & unfullfilled in life. Their glasses are always half empty.

I'm into rallying (& would love to get into racing a bike one day) and when I first started out had similar comments. It's the nasty but rare shitty comments from some women that were more confusing at the time.

ching_ching
14th February 2004, 18:39
When I rode with Celtic_Sea_Lily on Thursday, twas a great ride.

Even though it was raining she did what she said she was going to do and rode her bike up from Wellington. Could it be newbie enthusiasm? Yeh, some of that... but despite the weather and after having just started riding, she loaded her bike, strode it and rode it and we all know how treacherous it can be out on these roads for seasoned riders not to mention riders just starting out. She's got more balls then some guys I know and if you're hearing Celtic, if I can make it I'll ride with you anytime. Cher, cher. :rockon:

The Chingster.

jrandom
16th February 2004, 15:46
Observation from a newbie:With helmet & full gears on gender is unrecognisable in a majority of cases, right?

I can pick 'em a mile off, girls on bikes always seem to look more graceful, less of a 'strangle the handlebars' posture. Long hair streaming out from under the helmet and smaller sizes in leathers generally tend to give the female pilots away, too.

Still, yer right about the concealing power of bike gear... someone I've literally known for decades (although hadn't seen for a few months) completely failed to recognise me in full gear a while back. And I was standing right in front of her, too, grinning under the helmet while she got flustered trying to figure out who I was. I doubt she would have taken me for a girl, though...

Ms Piggy
16th February 2004, 15:52
When I rode with Celtic_Sea_Lily on Thursday, twas a great ride.

Even though it was raining she did what she said she was going to do and rode her bike up from Wellington. Could it be newbie enthusiasm? Yeh, some of that... but despite the weather and after having just started riding, she loaded her bike, strode it and rode it and we all know how treacherous it can be out on these roads for seasoned riders not to mention riders just starting out. She's got more balls then some guys I know and if you're hearing Celtic, if I can make it I'll ride with you anytime. Cher, cher. :rockon:

The Chingster.

Shucks! Thanks mate! Partly newbie enthusiasm & but mostly b/c I looooooove riding!!

Always keen for a ride - you know where to find me. :2thumbsup

jrandom
16th February 2004, 16:00
Shucks! Thanks mate!

OK, OK, enough already with the mutual backslapping, Teletubbies Love Each Other Very Much and all that, we're all digging the positive energy off this inclusive lovin' attitude of y'all, now can we get back to bitching and pontificating? It's just not right, I'm getting uncomfortable here.

:bleh:

Ms Piggy
16th February 2004, 18:15
OK, OK, enough already with the mutual backslapping, Teletubbies Love Each Other Very Much and all that, we're all digging the positive energy off this inclusive lovin' attitude of y'all, now can we get back to bitching and pontificating? It's just not right, I'm getting uncomfortable here.

:bleh:

Awwwwwww. Are you feelin' a bit unloved j? :hug: There ya go, better than :Pokey:

jrandom
17th February 2004, 10:11
Awwwwwww. Are you feelin' a bit unloved j? :hug:

(blush)

(wriggle)

Stop it.

Milky
19th February 2004, 10:37

being a guy with shoulder length hair coming out from under the helmet, i do sometimes get mistaken for a female... hell even without the protective gear - when driving, not riding - i got mistaken as one when i went into a parking building a year or so ago :eek5:

with these experiences in mind, i think u get better treatment on a small bike as a woman than u do as a guy... there seems to be a slight indifference to guys on small bikes, almost as if ppl think that they should get something more 'manly' :confused2

Wonko
19th February 2004, 11:49
With the long hair flowing out under the helmet and wearing leather pants it's amusing to go past construction sites and see heads turn.

Also happens on the street occasionaly. I've had yelled at me from a car full of yobos "Check out the arse on OH MY GOD, IT'S A GUY" :gob:

jrandom
19th February 2004, 12:32
With the long hair flowing out under the helmet and wearing leather pants it's amusing to go past construction sites and see heads turn.

Heh. If *I* wore tight leather pants and long hair there wouldn't be a dry eye in the crowd. I very much doubt there'd be any catcalls and whistles from behind, either, unless the crowd was populated by kinky types with an affinity for Valkyrie-esque feminine builds.

oh, and by the way, Wonko, just in case nobody's said this on the forum yet... tell us about the dolphins, eh?

:p

Slim
19th February 2004, 12:42
And I've experienced exactly the opposite (obviously, since I'm a girl on a bike).

Sitting in traffic in Khyber pass behind a bus when all the school girls sitting in the back seat spotted me & started flirting.

So I whipped off a glove & waggled a fist full of ruby/diamond rings at them & laughed when the shenanigans abruptly stopped & they all faced forward again. :p

When I first started riding, the guys thought it would be an absolute hoot to put me on Steve's RG400 wearing his Dianese leathers and watch the reactions when we got where we were going. No one had any idea until I took off my helmet that I was a girl. :whistle:

jrandom
19th February 2004, 12:56
Sitting in traffic in Khyber pass behind a bus when all the school girls sitting in the back seat spotted me & started flirting.

Bugger me. First Jim2 gets flashed, and now you get flirting schoolgirls.

I need to find me a sexier bike and get some of this titillating on-road action.

Big Dog
19th February 2004, 15:33
there seems to be a slight indifference to guys on small bikes, almost as if ppl think that they should get something more 'manly' :confused2
It would seem that the vast majority of cagers don't know the difference between skill and size.

You could always try the line "it aint the size of the wave, its the motion in the ocean."

Motoracer
19th February 2004, 15:40
Bugger me. First Jim2 gets flashed, and now you get flirting schoolgirls.

I need to find me a sexier bike and get some of this titillating on-road action.

You could always go around to Queen st or K Road on a Fri or Sat night and try to pick up drunk chix. With the beer goggles on, They'd probably think its a TL or SV thou :p

jrandom
19th February 2004, 16:00
You could always go around to Queen st or K Road on a Fri or Sat night and try to pick up drunk chix. With the beer goggles on, They'd probably think its a TL or SV thou :p

The missus might not approve if I brought them home, though.

Did I ever post the story here about what happened the time I decided to swing past Colemans for a drool in the window about 8pm on a Friday night once?

I didn't dare get off the bike after a person (gender indeterminate, attire clearly in the female style, red leather and rather too small in size but person's dimensions rather unexpected for said attire, particularly the fact that he/she/it was over 6ft and appeared to have shoulders broader than mine) started walking toward me grinning from ear to ear with wildly swinging hips. I suspect he/she/it thought I was after a paid pillion of sorts. Wouldn't know, I buggered off (that was not an intentional pun) PDQ. I can recommend *not* stopping in that area unless you *are* after a 'pillion of negotiable affections'.

Milky
19th February 2004, 16:16
I've had yelled at me from a car full of yobos "Check out the arse on OH MY GOD, IT'S A GUY" :gob:

before i got my dreads i was in a wetsuit doing a little kayaking up in the bay of islands when the same thing happened to me... maybe it is time for a full lengh ZZ Top beard ;)

Coldkiwi
19th February 2004, 16:46
where do I nominate this thread as the 'Funniest Read for January?'
very entertaining all, thank you for your stories.
I'd give first prize to 'Hey, check out the a** on that...' :niceone:

Big Dog
19th February 2004, 18:53
Back when I had the pony tail my hairdresser was a similar height (and I was 60kg lighter), and she always wore a denim shirt and jeans (being the naki) as such whenever I took my hair tie out I would get people handing me beers from behind and whispering the filthiest shite, often accompanied by a grab of my bum. I would take the beer THEN turn around just to watch them freak out when they saw my goatee. :lol:

Got me out of a ticket for 160kmph before too.

I was kaning along at about 2am on a saturday morning by the crematorium in NP when the disco lights came on in my rearview.

I shrunk down in my seat expecting to lose my license, and wound down my window. The police officer approached with the line "and what has a lovely lass like you in such a hurry at this time of night?".

I turned to face him as he leaned in the window......... mutch retching and the contents of his stomach delivered at high velocity to the roadside later he waved me on. :love: :whistle: :sweatdrop :sick:

Wonko
19th February 2004, 19:33
[QUOTE=The police officer approached with the line "and what has a lovely lass like you in such a hurry at this time of night?".
[/QUOTE]

hmmm so tempting to try this

Big Dog
19th February 2004, 19:55
[QUOTE=The police officer approached with the line "and what has a lovely lass like you in such a hurry at this time of night?".

hmmm so tempting to try this[/QUOTE]
Would you be the fuzz then? :doobey:

Wonko
19th February 2004, 20:03
Would you be the fuzz then? :doobey:
A little old lady wanted to join a biker club. She knocked on the door of a local biker club and a big, hairy, bearded biker with tattoos all over his arms answers the door. She proclaims "I want to join your biker club".

The guy was amused and told her that she needed to meet certain biker requirements before she was allowed to join.

So the biker asks her "You have a bike?"

The little old lady says "Yea, that's my Harley over there" and points to a Harley parked in the driveway.

The biker asks her "Do you smoke?"

The little old lady says "Yea, I smoke. I smoke 4 packs of cigarettes a day and a couple of cigars while I'm shooting pool".

The biker is impressed and asks "Well, have you ever been picked up by the Fuzz?".

The little old lady says "No, I've never been picked up by the fuzz, but I've been swung around by my nipples".

Kwaka-Kid
19th February 2004, 23:38
ohhh this is crackup! I went to school with milky and dude! im not surprised half of them thought u were a girl ;) haha nah my bad, well milks thats just insane, and ill cya out piha and give yah a ride home on the mighty Viffer, can all KB'ers please pray for my front tyre to keep stuck as im going to attempt to scare milky on the back along scenic drive :D crap, just hearing about a boyracer accident tonight from my bro, haha those BR's are crazy, mix cars, ego's, young boys/girls and ALCOMAHOL! you get chicks flying out windscreens apparently.

marty
20th February 2004, 08:40
a few years ago i was up in auckland watching the ironman. went out on the bike leg to give support some mates. one of the guys in the front of the van says - 'fuck would you check the ass out on THAT....i could 'do' that right here and now!', as we approached a cyclist in lycra.

i don't think the asian dude on the bike would have been that happy to know some big euro dude wanted to experiment with vaseline and his ass on the roadside..

Hitcher
20th February 2004, 09:19
Back when I had the pony tail my hairdresser was a similar height (and I was 60kg lighter), and she always wore a denim shirt and jeans (being the naki)

Woo hoo! Another former Taranaki boy??

Milky
21st February 2004, 10:08
i don't think the asian dude on the bike would have been that happy to know some big euro dude wanted to experiment with vaseline and his ass on the roadside..

:Offtopic: reading the paper recently I noticed that the presecution brought forward a tub of vaseline as evidence against a rape accused - i think - stating that the substance was found in the accused's home without any medical necessity....

i take it this means that if u have some vaseline for assembling motorcycles, it can now be used as evidence of rape in a court of law :eek5:

Slim
23rd February 2004, 07:07
I was on my GB250, but it was red. ;)

moko
23rd February 2004, 10:18
i think u get better treatment on a small bike as a woman than u do as a guy... there seems to be a slight indifference to guys on small bikes, almost as if ppl think that they should get something more 'manly' :confused2

yeah,I get really pissed-off with non-bikers who start off admiring my 600 then almost without fail it`s "Why dont you get a Ducati/Harley/BMW",because I`m happy with what I`ve got mainly and when I change it`ll probably be for a smaller bike not a bigger one,getting less and less point having a big machine here what with speed cameras,appalling road surfaces and congestion.Fazer does almost exactly double the speed limit,zaps anything on 4 wheels and yet is pretty cheap to run,so why would I want something more?
Last figures I saw, something like 20% of bikes in the U.K. are ridden by females and every one I`ve ever seen has looked totally in control un-like some of the twats that do the macho bit in Summer when they dust off the R1 for it`s 2 weeks of sunshine riding.

Suzi Q
3rd March 2004, 20:37
My husband and I - he rides a Busa - have got a fantastic intercom system. It is between bikes and also rider to pillion. It is expensive - about $2200 to do both bikes, from Baher. Check it out on the web put Baher in Google and see what comes up!!!. It is a german system. Between bikes there is a switch to talk, from Rider to Pillion it is voice activated. Glen has plugged the radar detector into it and I am trying to get my cellphone to work in it as well. You can also plug a walkman in but I think that would be a bit dangerous!!! We use a couple of uniden headsets. The microphone and speakers are fitted into the helmet under the lining. It is great - Glen can tell me of the cops he has picked up on the detector, he can make sure I am OK if he can't see me - we have a range of abut 3-4 kms. I can let him know if I need petrol or a stop for any reason. And I can sing in my helmet and he can't hear me - god help any pillions I might take though!!! We got it from Challenger Motors in Auckland, they are the NZ distributors and extremely helpfull. :sneaky2:

LOL

I'll let you know how we get on... Handsignals only go so far...

If you see me advertising a couple of walkie talkies in a month or so, you'll know what happened!
:Oops:

Wenier
19th March 2004, 09:31
moko u should tell em that ur bike is better than a duc/harley/bmw and i have a CB radio set up for me and a mate on our bikes u can use it in cars and watever else u like to :)

Liv, Norway
20th March 2004, 03:30
Fazer better then BMW?
Oh yeah? ;-)

I think you mean the bigger types? And big Harleys?

My baby, the Scarver, is a little nice BMW:
50hp/37kW, 62Nm at 5.500, 187kg, 650ccm.
Not the fastest bike in the world.
But:
He got a driving belt! And injection! And ABS! And heated grips! And a power socket! And a 400W alternator!
And the look; it's special, don't you think? Do you like the hole where there are no gas tank?

I love this bike!

:-) Liv, and it's spring here in Norway!!

Liv, Norway
20th March 2004, 03:34
This thread needs a picture.

I'm sorry it's the same old one.

....but I still have that smile on my face!!!

:-) Liv.

Liv, Norway
20th March 2004, 03:57
? ? ?
Where's my picture?

Liv.

Indiana_Jones
21st March 2004, 21:02
Chick + bike = MINT :D

Any biker chicks around da 17 years age mark on da northshore, well ya know :whistle:

-Indy

Ducatimama
19th June 2004, 14:36
My boyfriend (who rides an '83 BMW R100CS) just loves the fact that I have 2 bikes (Ducatie 750SS & a Zook FXR150) and ride as enthusiastically as he does. He gets a real kick out of seeing me (well he hears me coming first!) streak past him out on the open road on the Duke. I don't know why it's such a turn on, so I can't answer the question posted, but it does. He even gets a real kick out of telling people 'no, actually it's my girlfriends bike" when they ask him about it on the rare occasion I give him permission to take it. But I say, it goes both ways. I have always found it a huge attraction (but not a prerequesite) if a guy has a bike. Just the way it is. :niceone:

FROSTY
19th June 2004, 14:55
Ill aggree with you 100% ducma -There is summat soo sexy about a lady on her own bike that can ride too.
No mitch it wasn't staring at ya rear end that made me run off the track at taupo

maybe
23rd July 2004, 21:54
I must of missed this one earlier most probably the area it is posted in....any way I love the idea of women having mean machines once my wife gets her full licence the 250 virago will go and Jane can get what ever she likes.

scumdog
24th July 2004, 00:54
Who cares what you ride and how fast you ride? I'll talk to anybody on any bike, you have nothing to worry about, those that make the comments to YOU have the worry don't you think?? :spudwhat:

Mongoose
24th July 2004, 11:46
With SD on that one, if it has two wheels and YOU rode, who cares what it is, its the fact you are out there doing it that counts.Although will admit it is unusual around these parts to see a female on a larger bike, mabe ts a form f jealousy that prompts the negative comments?

torban
26th July 2004, 20:32
I have never ridden with female riders before, but being one of the slower riders out there, I will probably end up embarrassed by them anyway.... What I wanted to share, happened in Wellsford this Sunday past. I was getting a coffee from a cafe, and incidentally overheard three gentleman in designer biking outfits remarking in very unsavoury tones on the attire and ride of a guy who just pulled up on an 80's GS1000 with period gear. They had 2 shiny Ducati's and some other naked thing which I could not identify parked close by, and if anyone of them is part of this website, I can only say, shame on you, you ignorant, upnosed bastards. I would comfortably look the other way if I should ever notice one of you lying bleeding in a ditch.

On the lady rider thing, I was trying to keep up with a long-haired rider on a CRUISER the other day, and I couldn't manage without scaring myself......... so I had to let him go!!!! Or her, perhaps... :confused2

dangerous
26th July 2004, 20:49
Well I have always had the up most respect for the female riders amongest us. I learnt this when living in Oz after a few times when I was cought up in a rather fast ride to the top of Mt Glorious (Brissie) and beaten there too only to take the hat of for a yarn and a coffee at the cafe to find that the other rider was a female.
I often ride with a few of the girls here in Chch and there riding is often more comendable than us guys.

Stevo
27th July 2004, 00:09
Me just new to the whole riding on the road caper. At least on something capable of more than 80km/h and riding with a helmet and all that. Have done about 1000 of my 6500kms with only my (much experienced g/f). Mostly ride by myself though which is cool. Can just go my own speed.

Very rarely do I go over 105 for fair of being pulled up cos of my 80 demerits :Oops: all earned in my cage!

Think I'd rather ride with the g/f before any male,.................... cos she is just so sexxxxxxxxxxy. Hehe. Seriously though I wouldn't be a road rider if not for her. Great chicky that one!!!

PS: Hers is bigger than mine........................ hahahaahahahahaahahah

Eddieb
27th July 2004, 10:21
What I wanted to share, happened in Wellsford this Sunday past. ...... overheard three gentleman in designer biking outfits remarking in very unsavoury tones on the attire and ride of a guy who just pulled up on an 80's GS1000 with period gear. They had 2 shiny Ducati's .....

Ah well thats what you get on the wong side of the bombays :Pokey:

Ducati riders elsewhere are a lot nicer. :innocent: :msn-wink: :P

Mongoose
27th July 2004, 10:53
Fazer better then BMW?
Oh yeah? ;-)

I think you mean the bigger types? And big Harleys?

My baby, the Scarver, is a little nice BMW:
50hp/37kW, 62Nm at 5.500, 187kg, 650ccm.
Not the fastest bike in the world.
But:
He got a driving belt! And injection! And ABS! And heated grips! And a power socket! And a 400W alternator!
:-) Liv, and it's spring here in Norway!!

Power socket AND 400w Alt., must be for the hair dryer, yes? ;)

Paul in NZ
27th July 2004, 10:56
It's not just non bikers (as a gentleman motorcyclist I detest that word) and male riders that give lady riders a hard time.. Lady riders give lady pillions a hard time too... Oh you must learn to ride and get your own bike so you get get out behind the oaf up front (all within my hearing)... Pish!

We think we are a big happy bike riding family! Ha!

It's not just the ladies, personally I destest all other motorcylists that are not exactly the same as me! Especially people that have bigger or faster or redder or more expensiver or cooler bikes than me... They are all horrible...

Don't get me started on car drivers...

or small dogs (other than ours)

As for kids and cars that go pisht... bah humbug.... :angry2:

Now... While the above may be written in jest.. We all do it don't we? We just can't help but try to establish a pecking order of some sorts can we?

I try hard not to get picky or judgemental.. However, I do draw the line some places... Thieves get no respect...

Paul N

vifferman
27th July 2004, 11:08
We think we are a big happy bike riding family! Ha!
.. We all do it don't we? We just can't help but try to establish a pecking order of some sorts can we?Yeah, you're probably right.

Thieves get no respect...Or should that be "Thieves have no respect"?
"Now look at that there bike. Now that's a classy bit of kit."
"Ooh yeah. Let's steal the fooker!"

Mongoose
27th July 2004, 11:12
Yeah, you're probably right.
Or should that be "Thieves have no respect"?
"Now look at that there bike. Now that's a classy bit of kit."
"Ooh yeah. Let's steal the fooker!"

Me, far to shallow for that, its more like " Look at that nice piece of .... and hell the bike aint so bad either" :killingme

Paul in NZ
27th July 2004, 12:22
Me, far to shallow for that, its more like " Look at that nice piece of .... and hell the bike aint so bad either" :killingme

You still got that full sized mirror in the garage then?

:shifty:

Paul N

Mongoose
27th July 2004, 12:27
You still got that full sized mirror in the garage then?

:shifty:

Paul N

Shhhhhhhh, you promised not to say :crybaby:

moko
27th July 2004, 18:37
I was getting a coffee from a cafe, and incidentally overheard three gentleman in designer biking outfits remarking in very unsavoury tones on the attire and ride of a guy who just pulled up on an 80's GS1000 with period gear.

You mean 80`s period gear`s out of fashion,shit,no-one ever tells me anything.I`m still trogging around wearing levis,cat boots and black leather jacket just like I always have,still quite a few of us greasy reprobate old-timers in the U.K.Thankfully mine is also the era when bikers were an un-wanted minority with a thug image,we didnt give a toss what anybody thought then and dont now.Un-like some of the prats that ignore me on the road I dont wear fancy gear,my bike`s nearly always filthy and it dosnt have half a mail-order catalogue bolted to it.Un-like them also I`m not afraid to ride it in the wet and cold,ride 3 times the average mileage according to RIDE survey(biggest in U.K.)stats and dont particularly feel the need to impress anyone,which is just as well really.

KATWYN
27th July 2004, 21:18
overheard three gentleman in designer biking outfits remarking in very unsavoury tones on the attire and ride of a guy who just pulled up on an 80's GS1000 with period gear.

Thats a bit sad to hear.

moko
28th July 2004, 18:19
Also back then the rougher you looked the cooler you were and most bikers had the grungy look before anyone had ever heard of Kurt Cobain,I had a really trashed leather jacket and people offered me fairly serious money for it a couple of times.These days it`s pretty bikes,pretty leathers and pretty boys and both our local patch clubs are basically winding down as their members get older and new bikers just dont want that image/lifestyle.One`s turned into a pure bike club,couple of runs and a show every year and the other`s mutated into the local mafia,you`ll see them in 4x4`s as much as on their bikes and they keep a very low profile.

loosebruce
30th July 2004, 01:15
It's a bit sad to hear other people putting down other riders, they're all out there and doing it, which is more than i can say for some people i know, even sadder when it's because they're female. I've got a girl who works for me, took her for a ride on the back of the TL she loved it, next week she sat her handling course, week after that she sat her theroy test and passed, hasn't even got her cage licence yet (the way it should be), next week her first bike turns up from welly, a nice ZXR250, she's over the moon.
And to add to that there are some seriously fast ladyee's out there i remember watching the euro superstock champs at nurburgring in 99, i can't remember her name (i have an issue with remebering 10mins let alone 5 or so years) but she was up in 9th worked her way to 6th passing boys riding R1's she was on gixxer750, respect!! She's be alot faster than what i'd ever be.

Kwaka-Kid
30th July 2004, 07:49
These days it`s pretty bikes,pretty leathers and pretty boys
yeah mate! but with that you see come pretty girls... ahh theres the bit you missed :P all the ones you old guys used to pickup wearing ur wrecked leather jackets etc... where were your standerds? cmon young guys! think about it... just take a look at your mothers youngens!..:pinch:

:baby: I mean... No mum, dont do it, i dont want the wooden spoon!:finger: :scooter:

moko
30th July 2004, 08:25
yeah mate! but with that you see come pretty girls... ahh theres the bit you missed :P all the ones you old guys used to pickup wearing ur wrecked leather jackets etc... where were your standerds?

Standards,what are they? Oddly a lot of really tasty girls used to be attracted to the greasy few,"bit of rough",I suppose.I was in a long-term relationship with a really nice clean-cut girl,looking back we were real chalk and cheese but were happy for more than 3 years until she wanted the ring and house thing while I bought a GS850 instead.A few girl bikers around in those days too,a lot less than now but there were girl riders in Plymouth with an XT500 and Norton Commando,nearer my then home in Cornwall there was one with a race-rep Suzi GT750,real beast of a bike,another with an XS750 and dirty Cathy with an immaculate 250 B.S.A.I started a relationship with a nice squeeky clean suburban housewife while still in my "Lemmy on a bad day" phase,met her sister and the poor girl was struck dumb with horror,met her dad and he asked whether I wore my jacket on the bike or dragged it along behind me,again chalk and cheese but we lasted 5 years or so.

750Y
5th August 2004, 15:02
what's with guy's and girls on bikes???
men's bikes are from mars(a cold uninviting place inhabited by brainless amoeba) and women's bikes are from Venus(a warm inviting place filled with Love and chocolate).
men are just jealous.

Paul in NZ
5th August 2004, 15:08
I wrote a very long story for the MGNOC magazine on my search for love on 2 wheels. It it was not gunna bore anyone shitless, Im happy to post it here?

Cheers

Motoracer
5th August 2004, 15:09
I wrote a very long story for the MGNOC magazine on my search for love on 2 wheels. It it was not gunna bore anyone shitless, Im happy to post it here?

Cheers

Post it! :niceone:

jrandom
5th August 2004, 15:09

Cheers

Well, it's not like you're pointing a gun at us and forcing us to read it, are you?

Paul in NZ
5th August 2004, 16:57
Hmm

I posted it and it disappeared?

Oh well.... :spudwhat:

Velox
6th August 2004, 01:32
what's with guy's and girls on bikes???
men's bikes are from mars(a cold uninviting place inhabited by brainless amoeba) and women's bikes are from Venus(a warm inviting place filled with Love and chocolate).
men are just jealous.

mmmmm....... chocolate.

Hey - the place I got my bike from didn't have any chocolate! I'm feeling ripped off. :mad:

LB
6th August 2004, 06:05
Hmm

I posted it and it disappeared?

Oh well.... :spudwhat:

Try again? There is a limit to the number of characters you can have in a post, but it will tell you if you've got too many and you can just split it into two or three postings.

Keen to read it!!

Paul in NZ
6th August 2004, 07:43
There is something inherently sexy about motorcycles. Males of the species are often not sure why or even consciously thinking of it but deep down, in the seldom acknowledged animal subconscious, they know this to be true! There is also something (for most guy’s and some girls) definitely sexy about Girls. Why is it then so confusing for a young man to put the two together?

Could it be that all those raunchy motorcycle magazines are telling us lies? (you know the magazines I mean, The ones that you buy for the articles and never look at the pictures)

From my very first ride on a friends long forgotten Norton Dominator Model 7, I tended to see myself as a leather clad road warrior sweeping down the highways, causing hearts to flutter and attractive young women to swoon with desire with my passing. But that aside, like many a young man of my generation I spent a fair amount of time and effort trying to entice these mysterious creatures onto my pillion. And like (I sadly admit) many of my peers I spent quite a few long lonely nights wondering where it all went so obviously wrong!

My ego will recover (in time) and I was lucky enough to discover in time the love of my life but in my first, post puberty years I was mystified how the collective female population could possibly have the will power to stop them selves from flinging themselves onto my pillion and grabbing a hold of my (somewhat slimmer) waist. I was a rugged foot loose road god with ex army boots and a black plastic jacket! How dare they resist me?? (most of you have guessed by now that our family did not in fact have a full length mirror in our house)

Joking aside, lets be honest here!! We all, to one degree or other, imagine we look pretty darn ‘crash hot’ on our bikes don’t we!! Well Ok maybe our more ‘secure’ riders on the distaff side may have a different slant on it that I cannot fathom. 3 daughters and 24 years of marriage are not sufficient experience to offer any worthwhile comment on a ladies perspective! (no I’m serious) But you guys know what I mean! You are riding through a small town, your chrome pony throbbing away powerfully and you just cannot help to glance over to see what you look like in the shop windows… “Man I look good on this bike” you think to yourself… (Please Note! This is usually followed by “AAARRRGGGHHH, Oh man that hurts” and by a trip to the hospital to get the tow ball of the car in front of you surgically removed from your forehead). But just before that, you just knew all those hot looking babes you just knew were out there (waiting for an MTV crew to discover them) were itching to get on the back of your rumbling freedom machine!

Sigh! Sorry guys! Experience tells me that the reality is usually somewhat different. Vicki, in a rare display of utter honesty describes a ride on the pillion of my 1980 Moto Guzzi Le Mans 2 as being similar to having a concrete block rammed up her posterior with a sledgehammer! Being a sensitive new age guy and in an effort to please the great love of my life, I pinched the dogs second best sheepskin blanket to soften the ride. This did not suffice! Apparently comfort has been lifted to being like having a concrete block covered with a flannel, rammed up your posterior with a sledgehammer! (plus the dog’s not too happy with me either)

“But darling!!!” I plead, “I can’t sell this bike! I look good on it” Actually I look like a large un coordinated blue / black cordura clad sack of spuds impaled on a prehistoric agricultural implement but a boy has to dream, right??. It’s a measure of Vicki’s love for me that she tolerates this bodily abuse to share in my passion for silly old motorcycles. That and the fact that she owes me big time for all the gardening chores ;-)

However, current status aside, I still remember (in 1973) sweeping elegantly down the driveway of Cashmere High School on my first real motorcycle (that I had ever actually owned)! The coal black and gold 1954 AJS 500 single was without doubt a majestic motorcycle and pulling up in the students car park in a clatter of mal adjusted mechanicals, a slight haze of oil fumes and an enormous cloud of youthful testosterone signaled my ‘arrival’ to my fellow inmates as a man of substance! A motorcyclist!!!

Paul in NZ
6th August 2004, 07:44
In those days the arrival of any new machine, even one as staid as an AJS, was an event of great import and swiftly the crowd of the usual suspects emerged from behind the bike sheds! Sure I already had a car but a 1949 Hillman 10 was transport. The AJS was freedom, speed (well after a Hillman 10) and RESPECT! Or at least that’s the way it should have been!!

Naturally the mighty AJS towered above the usual Honda C50’s, leftover Vespas and Honda XL175’s. It was BIG and a full man sized 500cc. The fact that half of the scooters and all of the 125’s could leave it gasping in a haze of 2 stroke fumes never entered into it! It was big and shiny and went thump, thump thump! It was a proper motorbike and naturally I was far too cool to enter into a race which I was bound to loose!

To my very great surprise it seemed that no sooner had I arrived when one of the female objects of my school boy desire who, normally, would barely speak a word to me except to borrow a pencil perhaps sidled up to me. And here! On the very first day as a proper motorcyclist! “Hi Paul” she husked deeply in a voice that hinted of desires as yet unrealized! “I hear you have a new bike and it’s a big one”. Oor Eer!! I was really paying attention now!! There was obviously something about this motorcycling business that was suddenly INTENSLY attractive if my first experiences were to go by!

If I was ‘excited’ by the bike before, I near burst all my spots when she continued..”I’d REALLY like to go for a ride on it” There was a bit of momentary confusion until I made sure that yes indeed she was actually talking to ME and not some other guy called Paul over my shoulder and yes she DID want to go for a ride with me on that bike and not one of the newer ones! So, there being no time like the present I casually strolled to the machine and easily fired it into life! (truth time – I scrabbled in a most undignified fashion and luckily it started on the 3rd kick). She hitched up her kilt and slithered across the pillion seat in a fashion, which caused a nervous twitch to appear in my left eyebrow and a throbbing vein to appear in my neck! As I carefully as I could, I slipped the beast into gear (massive clunk) and we set off around the school block! It was the first pillion I had ever taken and possible the 10th time I had ever ridden a proper bike and I was delirious with joy!

Ah! The thrill as we pulled up before the common room! She shook her wind-tousled hair (no helmet required back then) and whispered “Why don’t we go for a ride one night?” EH?? I spluttered in a rather undignified fashion. This temptress was asking ME out?? Flipping heck! Speechless and knowing we were quickly getting into dangerous territory (and hoping I was still cool) I managed a positive reply, found first gear and sped off home before she noticed I had lost control of my legs.

The appointed night approached and I made sure the black beast GLEAMED. I had even managed to make the rusty bits conspire to look semi respectable as I chugged down the driveway to the front door of my hearts desire Her Mum and Dad greeted me at the door, and after the usual eyeballing from dad and satisfied that I was not some sort of manic Hells Angel, warned us to be careful. I handed over my best crash helmet (WW2 vintage) for the delectable miss and before I knew it she was grasping me tightly around my then boyish waist and we were thudding off into a warm night. A night suddenly filled with the expectation of some heady delights!.

The feeling as she snuggled into my back was indescribable! We wafted through that summer evening, the big single purring beneath us as we headed to a friends house under the flimsy pretext of listening to the dreadful wailing of some ‘new’ record that she liked and with luck, a cup of turgid instant coffee (ah! Simple days!). Suddenly, in the midst of my happy reverie, something solid flew past my left knee and the steadfast beat of the engine was replaced by a strangely hollow whoop whoop whoop sound! The poor old AJS lost all power and was quickly loosing forward motion! Briefly the night held it’s breath as the engine failed to respond to my diligent twiddling of all the controls. I felt my evil plans slip a gear as we coasted to a silent halt beneath a lonely streetlamp.!

Dejection!

The spark plug had chosen that exact moment to abandon its grip on the aged alloy of the cylinder head and had taken the HT lead to the magneto with it! Drat!. By the pale yellow glow of Joe Lucas’s best 6 volt headlight we finally found the ejected items and it was hopefully screwed back into the gaping hole! But it was no use. The thread was stripped and it was apparent during the long push home, that so were my chances with the delectable miss. Sigh!! To be fair she was very nice about it and I did drop her home in my mum’s powder blue Morris Mini but I could tell the ‘moment’ had passed before it had truly arrived. I was the very definition of disappointment..

The plug thread was eventually repaired ( a story in itself) but it was too late! Whilst I was out of action the object of my lust had been beguiled buy a “smart young man’ who had unlimited access to his mothers car (non powder blue mini) and I had missed my chance! Paradise was lost! (well, delayed a bit)

Paul in NZ
6th August 2004, 07:46
Despite the setbacks, life however went on during that first summer of biking and shortly after this episode I met my first love! She lived in a rural village on Banks Peninsula where her elderly folks had a small farm. He was ex RAF complete with propeller over the mantelpiece and she was from pragmatic farming stock. The parents were incredibly kind to me often leaving a snack out when I’d drop Penny off after the long drive or ride from the movies in the city and I was often invited to stay the night instead of making the long trip home. I’d ride over for visits and we would go for long walks holding hands, talking and getting indignant about important issues of the time as was the fashion.

One weekend she asked me to come for a ride! I thought she meant a ride with me but no! She meant me on the back of her CZ 175 farm bike! EGAD! What an opportunity I thought!! I’ll get to hold HER tightly about the waist as we gently pootle about the village!! What I had not considered was that she was one of those horsy type girl’s and rode the long suffering CZ like it WAS a horse. Penny rode AT THINGS (like gutters and fences) rather than around things! I suspect that she rather expected the poor bike to jump on command! While that may of worked when she rode solo, it didn’t with me on the back and before long flesh was lost, words were exchanged and although we enjoyed a long (platonic) friendship we never ever bought up the subject of motorcycles again! (sigh) Paradise lost again!

As a way of consoling myself the AJS was retired to the back of dads shed and I lost myself in an frenzy of beer (1 small bottle was a considered a frenzy back then) and a buying spree of increasingly flash old wrecks funded by my part time work!! But my school days were coming to an inglorious end and finally it was time to join the ranks of the full time employed! On the plus side, we now had some bigger bucks to spend on Motorcycles! In short order, a very sad and very bent Triumph Chopper, (the victim of a head on), that I had purchased somewhat nervously from a pretty evil looking guy for $150.00 was dragged kicking and screaming from a dark corner and into the light!

The poor old thing was straightened, re-chromed, re-painted, polished and bought up to date with the latest fashions! (well, it was the 70’s!) For a first effort it looked pretty slick! We were well into the late 70’s now and there was a minor chopper revival, this bike was cool (so was facial hair, perms, flares and body shirts. Urk!)

With in days of getting it registered and warranted summer had arrived and we were at a friend’s party one night when a very attractive young miss asks, “Is that cool chopper your bike?” At first I thought she probably wanted me to move it so her boyfriend could park his car but no! She liked the look of it and wanted to know more! I suddenly felt ‘dangerous’! (little did she know) Before you could say Mmmppfffhhh! We were get to know each other and I had dashed home to get my car to give her a ride home. The poor old chopper only had a single seat but I could see a pillion pad in my VERY near future!

By the time we finally left, the party was in the dying stages The bottle ran out of beer and we had listened to Andy’s 3 LP’s 6 times each. I was looking forward VERY much to getting to know the young lady a bit more on the drive home in the car! Alas this was not to be! Halfway home she suddenly went a funny green color was violently ill all over the inside of the door of the Mk1 Ford Cortina Station Wagon! Not the stunning finish to the evening that I had been looking for! However telephone numbers were exchanged and next Saturday (after some pretty frantic car cleaning) saw us out on a date! As it was raining, in the car!

The result was the same! (sigh) We had purchase a burger and at least she had managed to get the window open this time! I thought she was really starting to like me! By the third date the car was starting to smell funny and I was getting used to removing the interior and hosing it out on Sunday mornings. This young lady was turning out to be a bit weird, even for me!

Undeterred I had built a pillion pad for the little Triumph, she had recovered from whatever mystery illness afflicted her so one evening it was with a feeling of growing anticipation that I rode off to visit my lady fair! Our first ride!

It was also the first time I had been to the parents house in the daylight. Golly! I knew her folks were well off but it was really very very flash and very ‘old money’ indeed! I was warmly welcomed by mum and dad (I was getting very suspicious by now) and the young lady of my teenage dreams came down stairs and made us both a coffee which we took up to her room to listen to music? Eh?? Not only did this sound depressingly familiar but this was ODD! Mum and Dad raised no objections, so away I went! I settled on the bed while she fluffed about with records and the like. Then she picked some thing up and placed it on my shoulder. “Have you met my pet rat?”

SWEET CEASARS GHOST!! A rat!

It was not even a ‘nice’ white one!! Just a stinky old, dirty brown ratus horribilus! AAARRRGGGHHH! I HATE rats! After she calmed me down, extracted ratty from where the poor critter had landed (with some force) and mopped up the coffee we agreed that we should go for a wee ride to get some air! After I had the pre unit twin lit up she alighted the pillion pad, all feline grace and tight jeans (now we were getting someplace) and we burbled off into town where we could hang out with friends and REALLY look cool! One thing about that bike was that it had chrome hubs, spokes and rims. It fair glittered as it cruised under the neon lights and it looked HOT!

Then, as now, Friday night was posing night in Christchurch and a thousand other small cities! We tooled along the streets, past the lowered Ford Anglia’s and hot Morris Minors and down main street. The barely muffled flat white drag pipes crob crob crobbing, chrome spokes becoming glittering disks and us looking like we were made for each other (Yeah baby!). At last we were happening (it was the 70’s ok) and in the words of the great Chuck Berry we were “Moving thru the traffic like a mounted cavalier”. We finally copped a red light where Columbo crosses Morehouse and the delectable long legged miss stood up to relieve the stress of the crease in her ‘too tight’ jeans in a vital spot (this bike was built LOW baby).

Just then the light went green. And! Like any young man in Columbo street on a Friday night I did not think! I reacted!! My right fist went twist, my left hand popped the clutch and the bike leapt forward! A shrill scream pieced the suddenly silent air….

As the scream died it seemed to contain several words I pretty sure her parents had never taught her! The fact I could actually hear her behind me over the straight pipes told me all I needed to know! Drat! Just when it had all finally been working out I found that being left standing in the middle of the busiest (and coolest) intersection in town with number plate burns to her inner thigh was not the aphrodisiac I hoped it would be and I was advised that “home, NOW” would be good!! She never called me and I never called her and ultimately I think that was for the best!

Paul in NZ
6th August 2004, 07:48
I had by this stage given up the idea of somehow combining women with motorcycles. It just was not working for me and was making holes in my bike for pillion seats I would now never use!

So after that I rode alone! If I did go on a date then I would take the car and I would sit in the front row at the bike club meetings with all the other single males convincing ourselves we were all lone wolves while really we were just kinda sad. (If you want to know what it felt like, listen to country music) Strangely (for lone wolves) we would all drool over Phillis when she arrived. We were all actually a little scared of her as she was ‘bad’. She was the sort of girl that seemed to own more black leather than a whole herd of Angus steers and had the correct interior fitments to show it all off to good effect. We could not help dreaming and to be fair, I think she kinda liked us wondering what it would be like to have such a pillion?

It was about then that I abandoned the chopper life (once the factories started making them the thrill left me) and secured a crusty old 750cc Norton Atlas! After the second rebuild it became a café racer and we sported clip-on’s, rear sets, swept back headers, Dunstall Megga’s, a Laverda SFC humpy seat, 12.5 : 1 pistons, a huge cam and carbs so big you could roll a soccer ball through em! I sprayed it all in Mk2 Jaguar maroon with a black panel down the top. Cor! It was a real café racer and a stunner! I was years ahead of my time in the whole Rocker revival thing! Surely the chicks would dig this?

It was this thought that was bubbling in my mind one day as I strode across the street to the waiting beast. Open faced (matt black naturally) helmet at a jaunty angle, Stadium MkVIII goggles on top, tugging on my skin tight leather gloves, huge boots swinging manfully with white submariner socks tucked over the top and mum’s best white silk scarf showing from my black leather bomber jacket. An asphalt love god if ever there was!

The mighty Norton was standing waiting on the main stand facing down the street and into town! She looked like a 100mph standing still and as I reached her I looked up to see two pretty young things looking hungrily at the bike from the window of the dairy where they worked. Now, quite what effect I was having up until then I will never know but I was sure (in my primal apeman subconscious) that blasting off at warp factor 10 in a wall of noise would have them panting for it! Exactly what that meant I was not quite sure other than it was probably a good thing. Though, now looking back, leaving the scene quickly was not exactly going to secure me a date was it?

I caught their eye, winked and nonchalantly threw a steely thigh across the seat of the slinky Norton. Normally this was good thing BUT today there was a rather steep camber on the road and I had mounted from the high side. (oops) I never found my footing on the other side and as I slid off into the gutter pulling the Norton with me all I could think was “Oh Bugger!” as I lay in the gutter with 400lb of best british steel on top of me! After a few minutes I painfully weaseled out from under the bike and not needing any confirmation that the not very muted laughter coming from the shop was directed at me I push started the now flooded beast and rode slowly off down the road! Defeated (and deflated) again!

The years rolled by! A stint working in England saw me tearing around the Devonshire country side on a TS125 with a bit of a mural on the tank. Pink Floyd’s, Dark Side Of The Moon. (stop laughing). Again, solo! Bikes and girlfriends came and went and before I knew it I was in love with my Vicki and living in penniless splendor in a renovation project with babies at our feet! The cool bikes had gone to pay for the house and I was commuting on a $75 TS250 Suzuki Savage assembled out of cardboard box full of stuff. Vicki came for a couple of rides during which I set fire to her new jeans on the stubby high level pipe and that was that! Women and bikes! Bah humbug!! Or so I thought!

The babies grew, the Suzuki left and the dear old Triumph TR6C “Trophy” had taken up residence in the shed for some time when Steve and his partner suggested that we all attend a New Years Eve Party come Bike rally out Akaroa way! As it so happened Vicki’s folks had offered to baby sit that night so we were ON!

We got away late and with too much gear and a few minor problems with babysitters! I’d just come back from a stint of working in the states and I’d picked up an inexpensive helmet to helmet intercom. It was not working very well with static from the Triumphs ancient electric’s and patchy reception on the radio all the way around the bottom of the Port Hills! I was thinking it was not such a stunning investment when finally, with the sun setting on a blistering Nor’ wester day and the temperature hovering in the high twenties we came to the fast L/H bend just before Lake Forsythe.

The bike was going amazingly well and we were now at that point of the trip where the problems of getting away were but a memory and the only reality that mattered were 4 good friends, 2 old bikes and the patch of road swiftly running beneath our wheels! I happily gunned the old trumpy through the left hander in second, found third and wound her out to Triumph heaven. Steve and Janice were keeping station on their ’67 TR6P “Saint” and just as I hooked top at about 75mph the radio amazingly cleared and the opening bars of the greatest rock n roll song on the planet leapt into my helmet, Neil Young’s ‘Live” version of Hurricane. I settled back in the seat. Felt Vicki snuggle in behind me, dropped my left hand over the love of my life’s leather clad thigh and got a warm squeeze in return!

Could life get any better than this?

Now, I know that it would have been great if Vicki had been on her own bike and all that but at that stage of our life it just was not going to be! All that mattered was that after many many false starts we were having a REALLY positive experience on the bike!

The Akaroa Hill was in front of us, the promise of a cold beer was waiting, the best rock song in the world filling our helmets and best woman in the world at my back on a warm summer evening on a sweet running cycle!! I finally felt like I had made it! The two great loves of my life together in one perfect moment!

I still look back on that golden evening and smile! A man might live his whole life and only ever experience a few fleeting moments of perfection and to share it with the one you love? It really just doesn’t get ANY better than that!

It almost made the journey worthwhile….

Almost….

greenhorn
6th August 2004, 08:04
I just read it all start to finish without a break.
Awesome writing man, i loved every bit of it. :first: :first: :first:

moko
6th August 2004, 08:08
Nice one Paul,got my own memories of a favourite pillion passenger as you say.Can also relate to the "If it`s going to happen,it`ll happen when you`re trying to look cool" scenario.Best/worse moments both on the same bike,my first one,CB200,pulled up outside the pub one Sunday,all the boys were their leaning against the wall watching the bikes come and go.Superman here roared up,flipped the side-stand down and promptly dropped it down a drain,me and bike in a heap,luckily I had good mates and after a mere 2 years or so they`d stopped laughing.Same bike,going around a sharp bend like Barry Sheene to impress a group of youth watching from a bench,grounded her and ended up sitting in the road as it bounced along on it`s side and very nearly ended up going through the plate-glass window of an electrical store.
Wind on a few years and me and my reprobate mates,by now on bigger machines,my XS650,Bonnies,that kind of thing,eye-balling "the opposition" as a rival gang rode through,guy at the front(who ironically became a mate when we were all older and wiser)Gave us his best Clint Eastward glare and his Bonny chose that moment to jump out of gear and rev like no triumph twin was ever meant to rev,he wobbled,they all wobbled while being cool we all sneered,saving the gleeful hysterics until after the deflated convoy had moved along out of sight.Great days.

scumdog
6th August 2004, 09:23
Great story Paul! read it all in one hit and can empathise (not to be confused with enter-thighs).
Oh all the posturing and swaggering of youth, We all (males that is) in our early years thought all it took to get women into bed was a flash new car/bike/shirt/hairstyle!! Oh such creatures of shallow substance and vanity, when it came to the "right" woman they didn't give a fat rats (sorry Paul) arse about the friperies, the just wanted the guy as he is, man if we had only known that we could have saved ourselves a fortune and a lot of skinned knuckles. :stupid:
Bloody women, why couldn't they have said that right at the start!! (thinking back, a few did but hey, what did they know?) :bash:

erik
6th August 2004, 10:11
Great story Paul :)
Had me grinning the whole way through :D

pete376403
6th August 2004, 10:34
Excellent story Paul. Shit life can be cruel sometimes.

Ghost Lemur
6th August 2004, 15:46
Cheers for that Paul. :killingme

Brilliant.

Motu
6th August 2004, 17:50
That all sounded familiar,must of been the British bikes and the posing...cept for the girls....smart creatues really,they can spot a complete arsehole a mile away.I never stood a chance - you must of been a handsome devil eh?

Wonko
7th August 2004, 20:49
Great read Paul.

So your telling me that if I have an old dunga bike, and hang out with mates on flaher bikes, who show off all the time means that I'm going to get all the ladies?? :killingme

scumdog
8th August 2004, 05:27
That all sounded familiar,must of been the British bikes and the posing...cept for the girls....smart creatues really,they can spot a complete arsehole a mile away.I never stood a chance - you must of been a handsome devil eh?

Motu, what's this thing with the words from "Wolverton Mountain" at the bottom of you messages?

toads
8th August 2004, 10:38
It almost made the journey worthwhile….

Almost….

that was so well written and really enjoyable, I can totally relate, even though I'm a mere female, I hate being pillion and therefore simply have to have my own bike.

moko
8th August 2004, 11:10
I hate being pillion and therefore simply have to have my own bike.

Riding pillion scares the crap out of me,only do it if I have to.Always seems to me that whoever I`m on the back of goes too fast,brakes too late,leans over too far when in reality it`s people I`ve ridden with and they`re careful,safe riders.I think it`s the "not being in control" bit that bothers me.

Paul in NZ
8th August 2004, 11:34
Great read Paul.

So your telling me that if I have an old dunga bike, and hang out with mates on flaher bikes, who show off all the time means that I'm going to get all the ladies?? :killingme

Yup!

And the added bonus is that if you ever beat them up a hill you can really rub it in, "Jeeze I beat you on that old pile of crap", if you loose you always say, "well wadda ya expect?"

heh heh

Paul N

never pick fights with old guys, they are sneaky and you might loose embarassingly, if you win you beat up an old guy

Paul in NZ
8th August 2004, 11:35
Riding pillion scares the crap out of me,only do it if I have to.Always seems to me that whoever I`m on the back of goes too fast,brakes too late,leans over too far when in reality it`s people I`ve ridden with and they`re careful,safe riders.I think it`s the "not being in control" bit that bothers me.

I don't mind not being in control... I just don't like others being in control...

KATWYN
8th August 2004, 11:51
Read the novel, really enjoyed it.....it left me wanting
to read more.

LB
9th August 2004, 05:48
Great read - thanks for sharing that with us Paul! :niceone:

Mongoose
9th August 2004, 08:44
Great stuff Paul, your usual good standard. Let the G/f have a read and when she had finished she wanted to know when the next instalment is, cracked her up something wicked.She thought it a hell of a hoot. I said "Wait till you meet him!" :killingme

moko
9th August 2004, 11:37
never pick fights with old guys, they are sneaky and you might loose embarassingly, if you win you beat up an old guy

Yep and like riding us old-timers know all the tricks,like you put your hands up and say "Hey mate,I dont want any trouble",then when they turn their back towards you ready to strut off with a big shit-eating grin THAT`S when you hit the bastards but friggin hard..........and as for that shit about not hitting a man when he`s down,well fine if you want the bastard to get up again and you fancy your chances against someone not only younger and fitter but bloody annoyed as well.Young guys use their fists and feet first,older guys use their brains,young guys tend to threaten,older hands dont see any advantage in giving prior warning.Young guys react straight away,an older guy will weigh things up and wait until there`s least chance of himself coming second even if that takes a while.Guy gave me some hassle many years ago,I later saw him with a cast on his broken wrist,what better time to give him matching ribs?

ewekay
24th August 2004, 23:53
not many people can their memories down in tyoe as well as that. great story.
we were at a rally some years back in oxfordshire. on the friday night a girl got up on stage and did a belting rendition of Zombie (cranberries), slim, pert, long blonde hair, a real stunner and man what a voice. next morning, once the hangover had cleared enough, there was a run out to a pub in avebury, the village is inside the stone circle there. a couple of times on the way at speeds of around 60-90mph we passed someone on a tricked up suzuki, only to be passed again like were at a standstill. the second time it passed i spotted a long blonde ponytail fluttering from under the back of their helmet. i bet there were few girls sharpening their fingernails and "bitch" being uttered under breath. she was was slim, stunning, could sing the arse off some professionals and rode a bike better than most blokes.
women on bikes as opposed to birds on bikes, weeeell, most don't seem to have the confidence (i have evidence to back it up) but those that do, lads beware, you're in for a challenge.

avgas
18th November 2004, 20:51
She used to slot on to the back of my ol' GB (had a nice comfy seat).
Sitting on the motorway at about 150kmh, she used to curl up and sleep - thats fucking scary.

While wer'e on the topics on girls and bikes, how do i convice my missus to ride?
any help ladies would be appreciated.

Even if i just get her on a 50

Joni
18th November 2004, 20:57
She used to slot on to the back of my ol' GB (had a nice comfy seat).
Sitting on the motorway at about 150kmh, she used to curl up and sleep - thats fucking scary.

While wer'e on the topics on girls and bikes, how do i convice my missus to ride?

Thas a tough one... a woman is usually into or not.... why dont you bring her to the barbecue and she can meet some of the guys, I'll have a chat with her and sus the vibe too...

tinkabell
22nd November 2004, 18:26
Hi there!!! Ive only just started road bike riding over the last year and a bit, I have been a pillion for over twenty years and it was my husband who encouraged me to take the plunge and get my bike licence. My previous bike riding experience were on my TY250, TY175, husbands DR400 and Ag farm bikes, did all my falling off (hopefully) on the grass. I have had nothing but encouragement from any guy I have met, and as my husband says, he thinks its cool that girls get out and give it a go. Im one of those chics that think too much before cornering, and I am way slower than the guys, but hey I only have my 250, and lets face it, 250s dont go as fast as 750s, I will never be a sports rider, but even in the rain I enjoy going out and giving it a go. It gives those who smoke a chance to have one while waiting for me at the next meeting spot. Maybe the old saying is tru, you know the one, the empty vessel makes the most noise.

Motu
22nd November 2004, 19:21
Hi Tink - the TY250 was not very loved,but the TY175 was! They were a great little bike and I really enjoyed mine.If you started your riding on trials bikes you are 4 steps ahead of most of the wannabe learner riders here,the fundermentals of riding are in your back pocket,remember that experiance and use it for your road riding,the skills of the trials riders for decades have only recently been applied to road riding,you've had a good start,well apart from the DR400...best to forget that one.

Liv, Norway
22nd November 2004, 20:19
Hi Tink!

A little Norwegian lesson!
''The empty vessel makes the most noise'' = ''Tomme kjeler ramler mest''.
-And yes; they do! ;-)

I got my bike because I wanted it, not because friends keep asking me if I planned to do so.
The feeling has to came from the inside, the heart. It's like quit smoking; it does not help if friends keep asking you to quit.

It's snowing outside...

Liv.

Redstar
22nd November 2004, 20:34
:) Yo Liv do you still put pots on yer head and bang it with a beer bottle?

chic 'n' charge
18th December 2004, 13:08
Welcome aboard the chick's riding world Tink. :spudwave: :wavey: :spudwave:
Hope you get as many hours of enjoyment out of riding eh. Well done for taking the plunge - you're in the best team. Don't stress about cornering slow to start off with - you will over time pick your own lines and improve, we all start of cautious. Could you imagine me the other day - brand new tires front and back - I was the slowest on our ride and I ride a ZX9R.....hahahahah.

Take care out there - and enjoy enjoy enjoy. The day you stop smiling after a ride - is the day to call it quits.....:) :) :)

Draco
24th December 2004, 19:37

It'll only happen if she is herself already interested. But if she is, then get her butt on KB and get her talkin to the chicks on here who will give her 120% support and encouragement, and so will many of the men too! I have been told that the encouragement i gave one KB female member got her riding on her own bike. And i have had heaps of encouragement personally since taking up riding. Fingers crossed we'll be welcoming her to the dark side. :devil2:

PhilBilly
18th January 2005, 22:28
I think its great females are on bikes, each year there seems to be more doing it. Go hard :rockon:

Slipstream
18th January 2005, 22:56
I think its great females are on bikes, each year there seems to be more doing it. Go hard :rockon:

...well.....nah, too easy :devil2:

XTC
25th January 2005, 17:48
Wow this thread has been going for 15 months.....

Is this some sort of record? :spudwhat:

Blakamin
25th January 2005, 17:51
Wow this thread has been going for 15 months.....

Is this some sort of record? :spudwhat:
only coz somebody drags it up every week or 2...... :whistle:

XTC
25th January 2005, 18:00
Oops sorry.....

inlinefour
27th January 2005, 04:04

Well it's not an argument starter (hopefully). I just want to know why is it that some guys just can't get it in their thick skulls that girls/women like to have nice things also.
I have a 1994 Kawasaki ZX9R and I'm proud of that. I get comments like "Oh aren't you spoilt having your mum & dad buy that for you" and "whats a good looking girl like you doing with a big bike like that!". It's so stupid. I must admit that in the last few months it has got better or maybe I'm just ignoring them more.

Is it just that some guys feel inferior to women on bikes?
Is it that they feel they can't compete?
Or maybe it's just the fact that they don't know how to act around us!!.

My best friend (also my passenger on my race sidecar) is a guy who doesn't have a problem and its so nice to actually hear compliments about my bike for once.

I ride with an all girl group called Babes On Bikes - we don't have rules or anything like that - its a group of women riders that get together and have a great time on our bikes. I hear of guys saying "oh I wouldn't ride with a women - they ride too slow" but hey that's crap - half the time when us girls ride together we leave the boys behind.

I think it's time NZ really woke up to the idea that women are on the agenda for having just as nice things as the men. What do you think?? Do you agree? How can attitudes be changed? Every thought welcome - politeness is promised in replies.

Personally I think its great for females to have any sort of bike they want. :niceone:

avgas
27th January 2005, 05:40
MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMM girls on bikes, i love it.
Its like chocolate with ice cream..
I should shut up now while the misses is still asleep.

bondagebunny
7th February 2005, 14:22
think that because they ride fast they are as good as or better than a man.

Think for your selves, If you want to be as good as a man you are admitting they are better than women.

Maybe it is time for all you wannabes to have a shave and get a full wax before the hairs on your nipples grow all the way down to your "wannabe penises".

magnum
25th February 2005, 15:18
hi,nice bike btw.some guys are just macho dickeads with a little weaner.dont worry about any of them

Drew
1st May 2005, 16:52
I dont htink I have ever met a guy, who had a problem with a chick on a nice bike. I have met guys and girls who are envious of other bikers machinery, but I dont think it matters what gender group the owner belongs to. Sounds to me that some people are just trying to get a bit of positive attention, in case I am right.
GO THE CHICK ON THE 9R YOU ROCK!!!
If I am wrong,( and it has happened.) Worry not what others think, and concentrate on what you enjoy, the bike, and riding it.
Seeing as this thread is old as, no one is going to read my thoughts and I have just wasted five minutes. Bugger

N4CR
1st May 2005, 17:51
Hahaha I have no problem with chicks on bikes... there is one with an '04? R1 at uni.... rather cool I must say. :niceone:

Deano
1st May 2005, 18:01
Seeing as this thread is old as, no one is going to read my thoughts and I have just wasted five minutes. Bugger

:D Or not....

I have no problem with chicks on bikes, especially hot ones.

I had a girlfriend once who rode a VFR400.

Sensei
1st May 2005, 19:07
Have a Bike group called Woma here & around the North Island Run by Lady's for lady's that ride bike's or are planing on getting into it
Has a big following here in NP about 20+ I believe .

Hitcher
1st May 2005, 19:34
Have a Bike group called Woma here & around the North Island Run by Lady's for lady's that ride bike's or are planing on getting into it
Has a big following here in NP about 20+ I believe .
I think you'll find it's called WIMA. http://www.wimaworld.com/

heavenly.talker
3rd October 2005, 20:28
I happened to be at a bike shop the other day sitting on a bike and asked the young man (i.e. dude that has started shaving but hasn't put the blade in yet) a question about the bike. He answered the question talking directly to the only man in the group and totally ignoring me. After 1 minute of this I said "excuse me, you can talk to me you know, after all I am the one interested in the bike and who asked the question" He then proceeded to ask...Oh so you have your licence then?...Do you own a bike?...When I answered yes...and I have two. He still didn't apologise for his sexist attitude.

Now I'm a woman who loves men...nearly everything about them, and I'm certainly not a woosey girly girl...but geeze...this sprog just cheezed me off, if it wasn't for the fact that this is my favourite bike shop (I go there at least once a week and like the rest of the people who work there)...I would be tempted not to go back!

Oh no...I have let the monster out...lol!

My other pet peeve is being told by my brother and husband (only sometimes) when admiring the roadstar 1600 or shadow 1800 not to be so bloody stupid because the bike is too big for me and I am not allowed to ride it!
Nothing wrong in dreaming and admiring the eye candy I say. Who cares that it will probably never be mine...I still like to dream.
As for being told what I can and can not do...grrrh! For F**ks sake I am an adult capable of making sane decisions (well for the most part of each month anyways ;-) lol

Oopps...just fallen through the soap box so its time to leave the stage...
Take care out there and most of all enjoy:-)

2much
3rd October 2005, 20:41
Sorry to hear that but don't let it get to you, we all have to deal with fuckwits on a daily basis.

Personally, my perfect girl would rock up on an mv agusta f4 1000 pulling an endo and wearing very tight black leathers....... mmmm gotta go now...

2much
3rd October 2005, 20:47
Oh and btw, my mother who's 40 something, 5'6"ish and probably weighs about 55kgs rides a kwaka meanstreak 1500. So tell them to smack it and grow some balls, they're just afraid of getting shown up.

Will
3rd October 2005, 21:55
If someone told me what I couldn't ride...well, I would just have to give it a go. :headbang:

Kornholio
3rd October 2005, 22:11

I have a 1994 Kawasaki ZX9R and I'm proud of that. I get comments like "Oh aren't you spoilt having your mum & dad buy that for you" and "whats a good looking girl like you doing with a big bike like that!". It's so stupid. I must admit that in the last few months it has got better or maybe I'm just ignoring them more. ......

Sorry but didnt have time to read the whole thread but there is nothing hotter than following a chick around some twisties and watchin her ass bobbin around hehe
Welcome with open arms ... and legs lol :niceone:

Paul in NZ
4th October 2005, 08:15
!

As for being told what I can and can not do...grrrh! For F**ks sake I am an adult capable of making sane decisions (well for the most part of each month anyways ;-) lol

Yes... An adult motorcyclist talking here and talking of sane decisions... (cough) I certainly remember a lot of my amazingly sane decisions about motorcycles....

On the otherhand, this post does demonstrate the true equality of the sexes... Apparently women can be as daft as men... :blink:

Cheers

Str8 Jacket
4th October 2005, 08:23
Apparently women can be as daft as men... :blink:

Cheers

:shit: Noooo! :rofl:

The Stranger
4th October 2005, 08:37
Don't blame you for being pissed.
Any time we go to a bike shop same thing happens, all answers etc get directed at me. Usually start laughing at them.

That said I would not encourage anyone (male or female) to buy a bike that is "too heavy" for them. CaN2 (50ish kg) rides the Blackbird (250kg) fine and I am sure she will not have any problems when moving, but it can be damn hard for me to handle when near stationary at times and I am twice her weight.
The Blackbird is positively svelte compared to some Hardleys.

Avignon
4th October 2005, 11:20
I sympathise with you. I get exactly the same response from the female staff when I buy fabric at Spotlight. :brick:

heavenly.talker
4th October 2005, 15:51
Wow!!!! I'm amazed at all the responses!

Thanks for all the support and funny responses:-) Infact still smiling as I type.

I love the kawa meanstreak...there has been a great example on trademe lately...bronze! I normally am the black and chrome type of girl but that sure is sexy :-) hmmmmm

Sorry to hear that the ladies at spotlight have been dissing you Avignon...for what it's worth...they generally ignore me unless I go up and ask for something, so I think it could be a case of general disinterest rather than being gender specific?.

I never get why people in service roles do not give good service! One of life's oxy-morons I spose. Just like the military intelligence (OMG...can't even spell that...rolf) and the like.

Enjoy your afternoon :-)

Back Fire
4th October 2005, 19:08
I cant seem to find any chicks around aucks 17-19 who ride bikes... its like they don't exist!!! we need more!! :shifty:

Goddess of Goof
4th October 2005, 22:23
I cant seem to find any chicks around aucks 17-19 who ride bikes... its like they don't exist!!! we need more!! :shifty:

I can't find any genuinely single guys in my age group in Auckland who ride bikes either......

:crybaby:

My age group being chronologically enhanced 17-18 year olds !!!!! LOL

It's like they don't exist !!!

Man Drought ??

M1CRO
4th October 2005, 23:39
Yeah they do :)
You just aint looking in the right places :grouphug:
More investigation is needed :sherlock: lol

oldrider
7th October 2005, 20:25
My wife has had a bike licence for over 30yrs and was riding long before that.
I enjoy sitting on the back while she rides the bike.
Unfortunately most of my bikes lately have been too tall for her.
My daughter has her own bike. Both my wee grandaughters ride wee bikes.
I don't think gender matters on bikes, it's all in the head of the beholder.Cheers John.

mstriumph
9th October 2005, 11:38
I happened to be at a bike shop the other day sitting on a bike and asked the young man (i.e. dude that has started shaving but hasn't put the blade in yet) a question about the bike. He answered the question talking directly to the only man in the group and totally ignoring me. After 1 minute of this I said "excuse me, you can talk to me you know, after all I am the one interested in the bike and who asked the question" He then proceeded to ask...Oh so you have your licence then?...Do you own a bike?...When I answered yes...and I have two. He still didn't apologise for his sexist attitude..............

its people like us, galpal, that are on a mission to change attitudes like this ..... just by carrying right on doing what we do ........ eptly or ineptly as the case may be lol

My other pet peeve is being told by my brother and husband (only sometimes) when admiring the roadstar 1600 or shadow 1800 not to be so bloody stupid because the bike is too big for me and I am not allowed to ride it!..............

and it seems to me, with respect and very carefully that this is the place you'll have to start [meaning, ok, it may be too much bike for you, but that's YOUR call, not theirs]?

If a comment like that came from a stranger you could laff and say "who died and made YOU god?" ... with family i guess you have to be a little more gentle ..............

SPman
9th October 2005, 19:10
... with family i guess you have to be a little more gentle ..............

Why?
You don't, you know.

mstriumph
9th October 2005, 21:10
aw shucks - you caught me out..... i was pretending to be NICE :rolleyes:

Mental Trousers
10th October 2005, 18:27
Personally, I'd love to see a hell of a lot more women on bikes. I used to love riding around the countryside with my girlfriend, each of us on our own bike. I *really* miss that :scooter: :scooter:

Carrying pillions just doesn't cut it. They mess up the wieght distribution on the bike and don't appreciate it when the front end slides for 30m.

Goddess of Goof
11th October 2005, 21:34
Yeah they do :)
You just aint looking in the right places :grouphug:
More investigation is needed :sherlock: lol

Oh yeah - lots'a blokes on bikes - but most of them have lovely wives at home.

Or they prefer to be single.

Or they don't share the same preoccupations as I do.

But they won't risk saying hello IN CASE I BITE! LOL

Mnnnhh. :yawn:

M1CRO
11th October 2005, 21:51
Without making this a dating site, and because I am me...then....
HELLO!!! :2thumbsup

Back Fire
11th October 2005, 22:09
Oh yeah - lots'a blokes on bikes - but most of them have lovely wives at home.

Or they prefer to be single.

Or they don't share the same preoccupations as I do.

But they won't risk saying hello IN CASE I BITE! LOL

Mnnnhh. :yawn:

haha, if you were my age I'd be right in there... nothing sexier than a girl on a bike...... mmmmmmmm bike girl.... :D

heavenly.talker
12th October 2005, 21:04
I feel for it Ms Triumph :-)

Totally agree with what you are saying. Brother is easy to tell to pull his head in. More advanced man management is required with hubby! lol...I'm still trying to formulate the perfect technique!

heavenly.talker
12th October 2005, 21:06
Personally, I'd love to see a hell of a lot more women on bikes. I used to love riding around the countryside with my girlfriend, each of us on our own bike. I *really* miss that :scooter: :scooter:

Carrying pillions just doesn't cut it. They mess up the wieght distribution on the bike and don't appreciate it when the front end slides for 30m.
To be frank being a pillion sucks too. You can't see worth a damm, you aren't allowed to stretch any aches or pains that might be developing, you still need to be an active participant with none of the control!
Give me my own bike any day :-)

shcabbeh
27th October 2005, 22:35

Fully.

As for the whole guys getting shitty about girls having better bikes, what a crock. Personally I think a girl with any bike is hot, if it's better than mine (which wouldn't be hard at the moment) even better. I just don't see how it'd be an issue.. I mean really, I'd get excited seeing any girl roll past on a Hayabusa.

Perhaps there'll be more of them now that petrol prices are sky-high. *hopes*

Ixion
27th October 2005, 22:37
Welcome. .

SPman
27th October 2005, 22:59
I mean really, I'd get excited seeing any girl roll past on a Hayabusa.

Like Qkchk, maybe?

Wonko
27th October 2005, 23:04
Like Qkchk, maybe?

Hey, I was going to say that.

shcabbeh
28th October 2005, 11:56
Well, to be honest I don't recall seeing any girl on a bike bigger than a 250, fair few on fixxers though. It's good to know they exist:D

Cheers for the welcome, Ixion:)

ManDownUnder
28th October 2005, 12:00
Well, to be honest I don't recall seeing any girl on a bike bigger than a 250, fair few on fixxers though. It's good to know they exist:D

Yeah there are a few on the bigger bikes - Qkchk, KeyStone, PingHogGirl to name three coming to mind.

Cibby jumps on anything she can - big or small
MDU

juzzer
28th October 2005, 12:05
MDU

What are you trying to say there fella :bleh:

shcabbeh
28th October 2005, 12:06
Yeah there are a few on the bigger bikes - Qkchk, KeyStone, PingHogGirl to name three coming to mind.

MDU

Ahh, good stuff. We need to wean the rest off the boyracer/car fad methinks:D

Like I said before, I hope the petrol prices give some of them incentive to ride. They don't know what they're missing:)

ManDownUnder
28th October 2005, 12:17
What are you trying to say there fella :bleh:

Nothing untoward for a change... which is most unlike me I know... sorry

It's Friday - long week and all that...

juzzer
28th October 2005, 12:21
Nothing untoward for a change... which is most unlike me I know... sorry

It's Friday - long week and all that...

Well we did invite you out for a relaxing drink...but you turned it down....

vixta
28th October 2005, 14:49
I, being very short and little, when i got my trumpy (speedmaster) every comment was " that's a big bike for a little girl". I nver minded it at all thoughh. I will see you in Blenheim next month for the BABES run, yes, all the way from INVERCARGILL. See, girls can ride!!!

Rashika
28th October 2005, 15:35

then i guess you came to the right place to meet some :niceone:
bugger you are just a babe...oh well never mind whats a few years eh? :whistle:

I, being very short and little, when i got my trumpy (speedmaster) every comment was " that's a big bike for a little girl". I nver minded it at all thoughh. I will see you in Blenheim next month for the BABES run, yes, all the way from INVERCARGILL. See, girls can ride!!!
yep I get the opposite...
"whats the cc's on your bike" ....."1200" goes I "eh what, 500"....no "1200" I yell....with a little grr in my voice
gees i mean just cos it LOOKS small without the pipes on the side, it aint that small and i aint so big that i make it look that small either! :headbang:

mstriumph
28th October 2005, 15:52

don't you mind being patronized?

vixta
28th October 2005, 16:00
MsTriumph, i don't think i am.. the boys seem quite impressed, and it gives me a kick!! Most of the guys are of the thinking that chicks on bikes are quite cool, and i would like to see more of them on bikes. only one guy went off saying i shouldn't ride a bike i can't pick up.. i plan on keeping it upright! love my bike, love riding and love shocking people by being "the little girl getting off that big bike" when i pull up somewhere :done:

ManDownUnder
28th October 2005, 16:06
MsTriumph, i don't think i am.. the boys seem quite impressed, and it gives me a kick!! Most of the guys are of the thinking that chicks on bikes are quite cool, and i would like to see more of them on bikes. only one guy went off saying i shouldn't ride a bike i can't pick up.. i plan on keeping it upright! love my bike, love riding and love shocking people by being "the little girl getting off that big bike" when i pull up somewhere :done:

For me it's a combo of admiration - and envy.

Admiration because a woman on a bike is an attractive sight - end of story.

Envy - a small person will inherantly get better performance from a powerful bike... so it's like riding a REALLY powerful bike...

(hope that made sense?)

vixta
28th October 2005, 16:08
That's how i see it!! Cheers :niceone:

shcabbeh
28th October 2005, 17:37
[QUOTE=Rashika]then i guess you came to the right place to meet some :niceone:
bugger you are just a babe...oh well never mind whats a few years eh? :whistle:

Hahah, wasn't I subtle enough? ;D

Unit
28th October 2005, 18:31
Most of the guys are of the thinking that chicks on bikes are quite cool, and i would like to see more of them on bikes. love my bike, love riding and love shocking people by being "the little girl getting off that big bike" when i pull up somewhere :done:
I love seeing girls on bikes. And I know TL Rider is pleased he doesnt have to lug me around on the back of his everywhere we go (added bonus he can pose better with the back cowling on instead of a pillion seat). A girl on a Duke certainly turns heads, a duke generally does anyway, just like the triumph, so did my Norton. Shit I just love riding my bike regardless, but people do behave differently towards women who ride, in my experience anyway. And any guy who thinks we shouldnt be on them? Well they're just a sexest egotitical jerk with a small penis. :whocares:

VasalineWarrior
28th October 2005, 22:24
We just don't like to be shown up in what is typically a male dominated sport I reckon. But, as the saying goes.. :whocares:

Rashika
29th October 2005, 06:28
I love seeing girls on bikes. Shit I just love riding my bike regardless, but people do behave differently towards women who ride, in my experience anyway.
agree 100%!
always very cool to see other women on bikes...gives me a wee buzz too :niceone:

Riff Raff
29th October 2005, 07:19

Ahem......

vixta
1st November 2005, 10:33
Of all the guys i know, not one has a problem with chicks on bikes. hubby loves it (mind you, he gets a bit sick of me being on it, i have clocked up more miles than him). Are the boys a bit nervious that us chicks may be better??? :calm:

M1CRO
1st November 2005, 12:07
...Are the boys a bit nervious that us chicks may be better??? :calm:

Nope! Bring it on! :headbang:

vixta
2nd November 2005, 10:32
Hayabusa01, you seem very confident... :whistle:

M1CRO
2nd November 2005, 10:37
Of course :mellow: cos at least I have a few horses under me to catch up to em :not:

ManDownUnder
2nd November 2005, 10:40
Ahem......

And NOT to forget about Riff Raff... I mean she'd have my bollocks on a stick if I ever did that...:sweatdrop :sweatdrop :sweatdrop

The Stranger
2nd November 2005, 10:45
Hayabusa01, you seem very confident... :whistle:

A wee bit cocky i'd say
MICROscopic!

Keystone19
2nd November 2005, 10:51
I was just doing a stock take of girls on bigger bikes (as an arbitrary number I chose 600cc) on KB. There are heaps.

Here were the few I could come up with at short notice but I'm sure there are heaps more: Riff Raff, MV Senna, DucGirl, PinkHogGirl, me, Vixta, OkChk, Rashika, MsTriumph, Coco, Beemer, Oldenuf, DebK, LB, Ogri, Will...

There's a few more on 400s: Draco, Goddess of Goof, Stroker Girl...

And heaps on 250s...

My apologies if I have left anyone off.

M1CRO
2nd November 2005, 11:04
A wee bit cocky i'd say
MICROscopic!

Thanks Noel! :) but no bites from me today :not:
Got the Busa up to 295km/hr at the Sulphur Beach rally (on the dyno) last weekend so what more can i say :headbang:

ManDownUnder
2nd November 2005, 11:20
Thanks Noel! :) but no bites from me today :not:
Got the Busa up to 295km/hr at the Sulphur Beach rally (on the dyno) last weekend so what more can i say :headbang:

something like

wwwwwwEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEE

vixta
2nd November 2005, 12:33
Beware, us girls know how to sort out the cocky ones, and then we put them right back in their rightful place..

ManDownUnder
2nd November 2005, 12:41
Beware, us girls know how to sort out the cocky ones, and then we put them right back in their rightful place..

:devil2: promise? :devil2:

M1CRO
2nd November 2005, 12:45
something like
wwwwwwEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEE

More like "OMG, Please dont let anything happen to those rollers.. Please :crybaby: "

vixta
2nd November 2005, 13:30
:devil2: promise? :devil2:
YES!!! :Police:

ManDownUnder
2nd November 2005, 13:32
YES!!! :Police:

PRO MISE???:buggerd: :apumpin: :whistle: :devil2:

vixta
2nd November 2005, 13:33
There's always gotta be one... :brick:

ManDownUnder
2nd November 2005, 13:35
There's always gotta be one... :brick:

We'll boith be fine if you don't take me seriously... God knows I don't
MDU

mstriumph
2nd November 2005, 13:36
there's always one ....

yep - and MDU is BOTH of em :whistle:

vixta
2nd November 2005, 13:38
wasn't taking you wrong.. :calm: you are also talking to a girl with a bent and twisted mind!!! :done:

ManDownUnder
2nd November 2005, 13:40
wasn't taking you wrong.. :calm: you are also talking to a girl with a bent and twisted mind!!! :done:

well that makes it all different - I apologise for taking YOU seriously...

women aye?