PDA

View Full Version : Carrying a triangle stand while riding

99CR250
4th May 2010, 19:41
I'm riding with kids on their first bikes and I frequently have to dismount to assist them. When i bought the triangle stand the guy in the shop that some enduro riders fasten the stand to their bikes with clips. Have you done that, if so how/where did you attach it?
I bought some clips (like tool holder clips), it would fit quite nicely flat on the rear mud guard, or possibly up front on the number plate space, any comments??

cheers

Shane06
4th May 2010, 19:50
i am pretty sure you can buy multi fit side stands on trademe to fit to your beast

barty5
4th May 2010, 19:52
Nope can say i have seen that just another thing that will get lost as you ride or hurt like hell when you have an off and land on it. As said before just turn the gas off and lay it on its side or find a tree heaps easyer. Do you real want to be bothered undoing the dang thing the tie it up again every time yah kid drops his bike odds are youll just tie it on and the kid will drop bike agian.

honda_power
4th May 2010, 19:59
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Which bike shop was this? NEVER go there again!

B0000M
4th May 2010, 20:01
its a 2 stroke, there is nothing to lose by lying it down on its side. it will start just the same when you stand it back up

step 1: fuel off
step 2: lie bike down

easy

triangle stands are only good for washing the bike, a convenient stand in the pits, and a convenient stand in the shed. i wouldnt call the portable!