PDA

View Full Version : Rally NZ special stage in the Domain

jono035
6th May 2010, 10:37
I just found out that there is a rally NZ special stage in the domain tomorrow evening, was anyone planning on taking a look?

6:45pm is first car start.

The Pastor
6th May 2010, 11:49
Im going, my mates racing in it!

Squiggles
6th May 2010, 12:24
Will there be epic crashes on lovers lane?

Danae
6th May 2010, 12:45
Keeeeeen mean beans.

The Pastor
6th May 2010, 12:52
Will there be epic crashes on lovers lane?

if u lay the oil down

Real_Wolf
6th May 2010, 22:05
Keen, go after chiller? Might even come to the chiller for once

Dare
7th May 2010, 01:11
I r in for the bins. Don't bring oil (bring oil). I'll bring a camera anyway.

Real_Wolf
7th May 2010, 11:14
Actually, might not be coming, got some party I have to go to

Phurrball
7th May 2010, 12:45
Actually, might not be coming, got some party I have to go to

Party?! Pish - a Rally of NZ stage hasn't been held in the domain since 1990!!! And it's free!

It is madness not to go to this if you're remotely a petrolhead of any flavour and within sane travel distance!

I propose parking bikes in the Auckland City hospital bike park in front of the clinical services block (the older block up by park road) as you won't be able to access via the lower domain.

That all said, I'll be hollering to escape work if the boss detains me here!

AUCKLAND DOMAIN

The Auckland Domain is a nationally-significant place of memorial and remembrance, which makes it a particularly special venue in which to run a super special stage during the 40th anniversary of Rally New Zealand. This is the first time since 1990 that a Rally New Zealand special stage has been run in the Auckland Domain with the 1.5 km route taking competitors around a selection of the Domain’s sealed roads. However, the 2010 Auckland Domain stage is being run in the dark of an early May evening which will add to the exciting atmosphere for all involved. The same route is also being used for the ‘shakedown’ on Thursday morning when competitors get the one and only official test session before the rally commences on Friday morning. The Domain stage layout has been designed to provide excellent spectator viewing within the natural contours of the picturesque domain.

Auckland Domain Super Special Stage, Friday 7 May, gates open 5pm, first car 6:45pm
From 5pm, the gathering crowds can enjoy watching school teams contest the Placemakers Trolley Derby, the WRC convoy and a selection of historic rally cars. Then rally competitors arrive at the Domain after their day’s competition north of Auckland. They head into a special light-fitting zone to ready themselves for the short, sharp blast around the Domain.

Access
All roads within the Domain are closed and parking around the area is extremely limited, therefore it is recommended that spectators utilise the free buses provided by Rally New Zealand and the Auckland City Council for access from the Queens Wharf service park and the Domain for Friday evening’s super special stage. Many parking options are within close walking distance of the Queens Wharf service park. The free buses will depart Queens Wharf from 4:30pm until 6pm and returning from 7pm until 9pm.

Dare
7th May 2010, 12:59
It is madness not to go to this if you're remotely a petrolhead of any flavour and within sane travel distance!
You overestimate the petrol headedness of our esteemed friend.

Phurrball
7th May 2010, 13:39

Yes. That is a possible explanation.

Who's coming along for the madness?

The Pastor
7th May 2010, 15:19
is anyone going to the chilla tonight?

jono035
7th May 2010, 16:04
I'll be there.

Real_Wolf
7th May 2010, 17:33

I'm esteemed :D

Anyways, its a case of said I would go, a long time before this thread cropped up.

Really would loev the rally though, while I might not be a raving car lunatic I do love rally

Dare
7th May 2010, 21:51
Really would loev the rally though, while I might not be a raving car lunatic I do love rally
Was pretty good, last guy pushed his car most of the way. Didn't get a good spot till near the end but there were some exciting moments.