View Full Version : Benelli cafe racer

Mudfart
6th May 2010, 16:31
General information
Model: Benelli Cafe Racer 1130
Year: 2010
Category: Naked bike
Rating: Do you know this bike?
Click here to rate it. We miss 2 votes to show the rating.
Safety: See our safety campaign with the high safety rated bikes in this category.
Engine and transmission
Displacement: 1131.00 ccm (69.01 cubic inches)
Engine type: In-line three
Stroke: 4
Power: 135.44 HP (98.9 kW)) @ 9500 RPM
Torque: 110.00 Nm (11.2 kgf-m or 81.1 ft.lbs) @ 7750 RPM
Compression: 11.9:1
Bore x stroke: 88.0 x 62.0 mm (3.5 x 2.4 inches)
Fuel system: Injection. Injection EURO 3
Valves per cylinder: 4
Fuel control: DOHC
Ignition: Digital - inductive type via electronic engine management
Starter: Electric
Lubrication system: Wet sump
Cooling system: Liquid
Gearbox: 6-speed
Transmission type
final drive: Chain
Clutch: Wet clucth 11 discs
Physical measures
Dry weight: 208.0 kg (458.6 pounds)
Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 215.0 kg (474.0 pounds)
Seat height: 780 mm (30.7 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Overall length: 2,100 mm (82.7 inches)
Overall width: 790 mm (31.1 inches)
Wheelbase: 1,443 mm (56.8 inches)
Chassis and dimensions
Frame type: Decomposable, front steel trestle, rear alluminium alloy casting
Rake (fork angle): 25.0°
Trail: 95 mm (3.7 inches)
Front suspension travel: 1,000 mm (39.4 inches)
Rear suspension: ASD steel tube trellis swingarm, preload adjuster
Front tyre dimensions: 120/70-17
Rear tyre dimensions: 180/55-17
Front brakes: Single disc
Front brakes diameter: 260 mm (10.2 inches)
Rear brakes: Single disc
Rear brakes diameter: 220 mm (8.7 inches)
Exhaust system: With catalytic converter and oxigen sensor
Speed and acceleration
Power/weight ratio: 0.6512 HP/kg
Other specifications
Fuel capacity: 17.00 litres (4.49 gallons)
Color options: Black/gold
Cool site, check it out!.

Paul in NZ
6th May 2010, 18:18
Cafe Racer? Um..... Just writing it on the side does NOT make it a cafe racer....

Rogue Rider
6th May 2010, 18:20
It doesn't look much like a cafe racer, does look quite nice though. Don't think I'll buy one though.

EJK
6th May 2010, 18:29
Like Gareth said, it looks more like a street fighter

ukusa
25th May 2010, 13:26
doesn't look naked either, has a few bits of fairing. Maybe semi-naked. Definitely not a cafe racer, despite the label. More a cross between a ER6N & a Speed Triple maybe.

AllanB
25th May 2010, 14:12
How muchly? I suspect I'd be better off keeping my Hornet and saving myself the better part of $20k.

Looks nice, bet it sounds better!

Urano
6th June 2010, 08:42
as italian i have to say it, sadly:
stay-away-from-benelli

flyingcrocodile46
6th June 2010, 09:56
as italian i have to say it, sadly:
stay-away-from-benelli

Did/do you have bad experiences with one or is it because it's now Chinese owned?

Urano
6th June 2010, 10:16
nope.
it's because it never ever had anything similar to a customer or technical service, because their triple sucks contrary to the triumph's one, because the product quality was way... ehm... "handcrafted", because you'll have much more possibilities to sell back an used napkin than a benelli AND because it's now chinese owned...
:D

beyond
14th June 2010, 20:59
nope.
it's because it never ever had anything similar to a customer or technical service, because their triple sucks contrary to the triumph's one, because the product quality was way... ehm... "handcrafted", because you'll have much more possibilities to sell back an used napkin than a benelli AND because it's now chinese owned...
:D

Nice looking bikes, go well and the front likes the air in most gears BUT: one review said if it actually starts in the morning it's time for a celebration :)

98tls
14th June 2010, 21:09
I can remember reading the article when that German bloke (Baron/the Baron,whatever hes called) was given a few bikes to thrash over the famous mountain circuit,he pulled into the pits after one lap on one of those things got off it without bothering to put the stand down let it fall and moved onto the next bike muttering in German "complete and utter piece of shit thats leaking fluids from everywhere a motorcycle has no right to".and refused to get back on it for fear of it killing the next rider behind him.

Hillbilly
23rd June 2010, 15:17
These have been around for a number of years, since 2007! There's a 899 version avialable @120hp that's about $3K cheaper! I love how you all have opinions regarding Benelli when you've never ever seen touched or ridden one!
I have - the 899S in Aussie. The Germas are just jealous! BMW just had amassive recall. They are absolutely beautiful kick the shit out of MV Agsuta Brtal and the Ducati Monster in hanling and quality, and as far as as service dept goes, I got personal "thank you" from Simona Benelli herself. Only the Aprilia Tuono 100o could give the 1130 TnT a run for it's money!!

As far as the Chinese connection goes, they brough Benelli for the scooters, and have been really supportive of keeping the manufacturing of the motorcycles in Italy. The finish has improved, the proces have come down, and there are more new models. Also, the prototype 2UE 756 won awards. I gotten close up and personal with Benellis, so don't believe what that German idiot wrote. I'll find the link to the featured comparison between the four Italian Naked Bikes for you all to read. In the meantime, check this out:

http://www.benelli.com/eng/index.asp

Her_C4
23rd June 2010, 16:05
I still really love these bikes - the ride is incredibily smooth and powerful. As i have said in earlier threads - I would have bought the Benelli Cafe Racer over the 1098 if I could have found someone with the right toolset to service it properly!!! Are these for sale here in NZ now?

Hillbilly
23rd June 2010, 17:44
At the moment they're not available in NZ. However, here are the details of the current Aussi Importer. There's also a link to a US comparison between the Ducati Streetfighter 1098S and the Benelli TnT 1130. You have to keep in mind that the Ducati is a lot more expensive, and the Benelli is a 2008 model. Here are the links:

http://www.motorsportimporters.com.au/index.php?id=43

http://www.motorsportimporters.com.au/index.php?id=166&uid=2

http://www.motorsportimporters.com.au/index.php?id=47

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2009-streetfighter-comparison-2010-ducati-streetfighter-vs-2008-benelli-tnt-1130-88988.html

The US review also has a very good video showing the bikes and is a fair as well as informative comparison.