PDA

View Full Version : Bimota MMB1

dangerous
6th May 2010, 19:55
I have always loved Bimota, and its passion for improving a motorcycle ever since the HB1. The Moto Morini engine is bloody awesome (serch for a write up I did) ok it leakes oil but shit can it boggie. this engine in a Bimota is true Itilian style.

This concept drawing by our friend Oberdan Bezzi of a Bimota powered by the Moto Morini 87 degree, 1187cc v-twin may not be so far fetched
The bankrupt Moto Morini was rescued by the Italian prime minister's brother, Paolo Berlusconi, when he purchased the entity last week. With Berlusconi's capital, Moto Morini could continue on its resurgent course. But why supply engines to Bimota?

Bezzi speculates, and it makes some sense, that Bimota would benefit from distancing itself from its current engine supplier, Ducati. Frankly, the Ducati superbikes that share the same motor are much cheaper than the Bimota versions, relatively the same weight, and handle as well, or better. Bimota could more significantly differentiate itself by utilizing the more rare Moto Morini v-twin. This engine is no slouch, moreover, as it develops 140 horsepower in a relatively mild state of tune. Of course, the sale of engines to Bimota could only help Berlusconi as he resuscitates Moto Morini.

sil3nt
6th May 2010, 21:27
That is one hell of a sexy bike. Looks fantastic with a bit of plastic as well http://www.google.co.nz/images?hl=en&q=Bimota%20MMB1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

AllanB
6th May 2010, 21:38
While nice it is not dissimilar physically to other bikes on the market and will no doubt be twice the price. The naked Aprilia springs to mind looking similar. I wonder about all the bolt together frame and swingarm parts.

I'll have to sit down and think about my dream design and sketch it out - however that Simpsons episode where Homer designed the perfect car worries me.........

Urano
7th May 2010, 00:55
bimota is a great brand.
and morini made simply the best v twin ever here in italy.
it is phenomenal. period.

everybody here was hoping they didn't blew up before having the possibility to put that piece of engineering in a faired supersport bike, maybe on the basis of the corsaro veloce.
it didn't happen.

now we'll see if they can continue the good work, enough to make up the "critical mass" not to fail again easily, just the way ducati managed to do.

on my side, the only thing i'm expecting, is the day they'll decide to downsize a bit that engine, cos i'm not so happy with displacement upper than 750cc ...
but it's a personal idea...

dangerous
7th May 2010, 06:14
morini made simply the best v twin ever here in italy.
it is phenomenal. period.

everybody here was hoping they didn't blew up before having the possibility to put that piece of engineering in a faired supersport bike, maybe on the basis of the corsaro that was my concern too specially as the one I rode was leaking its blood suply with only 200 odd k on it, heres my write up
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/57598-Moto-Morini-Corsaro-1200 by chance is it what you ride?

That is one hell of a sexy bike. Looks fantastic with a bit of plastic as well http://www.google.co.nz/images?hl=en&q=Bimota%20MMB1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi yeah... not to much fairings either.

Urano
7th May 2010, 07:32
chance is it what you ride?

what i ride?? yeaaaa... maybe with willy wonka as a pillion... :D :D :D :D
no, 14k euros is way too much for me...
but i had a colleague that write for an online bike magazine, who had the corsaro on test for some days.
:)
and nope, it was not the normal one.
and yep, was the "veloce". you know, with those termignoni in the back.... :D :D :D :D

yes. you can hate me now...
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PS: the oil leakage is an old classic for the italian semi-handmade products... it's strange anyway: the corsacorta has an integral carter (i hope is the right word in english...), wich has a lot less pieces and a lot less seals to leak from...

Urano
7th May 2010, 07:32
double post...