PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here on the forum (ants67)

ants67
8th May 2010, 22:07
hi everyone

well where to start , i wish i had a bit more time to get out and ride but time and health havent allowed to much of that lately, when i do get out i have a 1985 yamaha fz400r that i ride but i always feel a bit guilty as it has only done 14000 kms and it has never been wet when i have ridden it or the previous owner that i know of either . i have had it now for seven or eight years now , my biggest problem that i ever have with the bike is i am forever having to buy new battries for it , previous i used to have a suzuiki gt250 two stroke and an yamaha rd350lc which i wish was still in the garage. i like to think i am lucky to live in the wellington reigion as we have the rimutaka hill and wairirapa roads to ride , never get tired of that lol . keep the black round things the right way up
regards ants::bye::

CookMySock
8th May 2010, 22:14
I'll wet it for you! :niceone:

Nice bike! Welcome to KB.

Steve

tate35
9th May 2010, 10:13
Hi Ants, welcome to KB. Hope you get your health back and more time to ride your bike :)

one fast tl1ooo
9th May 2010, 10:17
welcome to kb

p.dath
9th May 2010, 10:24
Welcome to KB. Why don't you buy a trickle charger/battery conditioner to keep the battery in good shape when you are ready to do for a ride?

Also don't forget that petrol goes "off" (looses it's octane rating). If your fuel is getting to be more than 3 to 6 months old in the bike between rides you really should drain it out and replace it with fresh fuel.

ants67
9th May 2010, 10:49
thanks for the welcome everyone, good advice bout the fuel when i bought the bike the fuel was so old that i had to fill the tank with screws and stones and sit there hours shaking it to get all the rust and crud out it i have learnt my lesson there lol ,and yes i should go and buy charger to keep battery topped up

FatHead
9th May 2010, 10:54
Welcome, I commute daily but have yet to manage a group ride with the lot that head out frommy home town of waikanae. Two kids and a wife that doesn't get the bike thing so I don't push it. Suggest you follow advice from p.dath about trickle charger/conditioner.

Cloggy
9th May 2010, 11:13
RD350LC eh? This wouldn't be the one which had 250 stickers on it?

ants67
9th May 2010, 11:35
yes mate in a vain attempt to be legal

HappyGOriding
9th May 2010, 22:45
Welcome to KB
If you cant make one of the many group rides that head out in your area but decide on a wee pootle anyways post it up as there always someone on here looking for a ride to tag along to.

FYI the more your on here the more the madness takes hold:lol:

blackdog
9th May 2010, 23:13
keep an eye out for the kapiti weekend group rides, if you can make one i know you'll love it. you missed a real bewdy yesterday.......maybe tag along next weekend if ya can, you'd be very welcome

ants67
10th May 2010, 18:59
cheers everyone i will try and get out on one of the rides soon look forward to meeting sum of you