PDA

View Full Version : Impounded again?

paturoa
9th May 2010, 08:41
When is the crushing law starting?

From this morning's harold.

A disqualified driver had his Ducati motorbike impounded after twice trying to escape a police highway patrol car on the Kaimai Ranges near Tauranga on Friday.

The 20-year-old's bike had only just been returned after being impounded for 28 days after a similar incident.

schrodingers cat
9th May 2010, 08:46
Living on a large open corner of a resonably major road I am very happy to suppy a list to the boys in blue of morons who deserve their wankermobiles crushed.
So what if thet're all owned by finance companies? Bout time they reassessed their risk profiles and stopped letting 18yr old dickheads buy 350hp missles for a dollar down.

As for the Ducati cock - he does none of us any favours. If you want to ride fast take your knocks when you get caught

paturoa
9th May 2010, 08:54
As for the Ducati cock - he does none of us any favours. If you want to ride fast take your knocks when you get caught

Agree, the way it was put was in the text implied doing runners as well.

fliplid
9th May 2010, 09:16
There's always someone out to ruin it for everyone else.
Besides, it seems like the fool concerned aint going to learn from their mistakes.

Woodman
9th May 2010, 09:20
Why can't the censor cars like movies. e.g..

Mirage 1300.................R16
Commodore................R18
WRX/EVO....................R25

Modified cars must be re-classified.

I could run this country from my high horse.

DMNTD
9th May 2010, 09:33
What a cock! Why did he stop? :scooter:

Mudflaps
9th May 2010, 09:40
What a tool.

I'm down with the whole crushing thing, but what about selling it instead and giving the money to some local charity or into the so called fading ACC fund.

fliplid
9th May 2010, 09:54

Oh dear, where would that lead? Perhaps doing the same kind of "rating" for motorbikes? Then who would be whinging about it?

Brett
9th May 2010, 10:02
Amen brother! The question has to be asked, how did he NOT get away? Unless he was on a monster 400 or something...

oldrider
9th May 2010, 10:03
There are enough rules and laws already, all that is missing is the will to comply and the will to enforce! :shifty:

Brett
9th May 2010, 10:04
Surprising amount or negative and critical comments here based on a rather short media piece don't you think? The public is given almost no specifics...

JimO
9th May 2010, 10:04
What a tool.

I'm down with the whole crushing thing, but what about selling it instead and giving the money to some local charity or into the so called fading ACC fund.

so they sell a boyracermobile to who????? another boyracer

JR1
9th May 2010, 10:08

From this morning's harold.

good thing its impounded.

if you cant get away from the fuzz on ur Ducati for the SECOND time you defiantly dont deserve it.

FJRider
9th May 2010, 10:16

It's started ...

http://www.3news.co.nz/Car-crushing-law-touted-as-ineffectual/tabid/423/articleID/126306/Default.aspx

schrodingers cat
9th May 2010, 10:34
There are enough rules and laws already, all that is missing is the will to comply and the will to enforce! :shifty:

Agree. The law applies to everybody else right?

So long as they have to attend the crushing I think it would be very effective. Possibly from the vehicle operating position

DMNTD
9th May 2010, 10:35

if you cant get away from the fuzz on ur Ducati for the SECOND time you defiantly dont deserve it.

Heh! Exactly!

scumdog
9th May 2010, 10:47

Maybe it was his tenth attempt at getting away??

Doing a runner YOU have to be lucky every time.

The COPS only have to get lucky once (or in this case, twice) and you're done.:yes:

Flip
9th May 2010, 11:12
I'm with Scumdog on this.

You can't out fun a radio. The cops only have to identify the vehicle and they will be waiting for you when you get home. A friend of mine was caught at 247 kph and they got him.

Are they actually crushing vehicles of folk who do a runner from the Rozza? I must read the legislation when I get a chance.

Mudflaps
9th May 2010, 11:14
so they sell a boyracermobile to who????? another boyracer

The stupid boy racers only make up a small percentage of riders/drivers. Chances are that it would go to a new home. Maybe you could only pay cash, not with finance, ruling out a large proportion of younger riders.

EJK
9th May 2010, 11:41
Ageist!</10char>

scumdog
9th May 2010, 11:47
Ageist!</10char>

Bless you!

I'd get that sneeze looked at.

YellowDog
9th May 2010, 11:50

Faarkin good idea!

Ocean1
9th May 2010, 11:56
Oh dear, where would that lead? Perhaps doing the same kind of "rating" for motorbikes? Then who would be whinging about it?

Whippersnappers with a deathwish?

oldrider
9th May 2010, 12:08
I don't believe age has got much to do with "anything". :mellow:

There certainly is no "age group" with a monopoly on stupidity! :no:

schrodingers cat
9th May 2010, 12:18

They do in the UK with a mechanism called compulsary insurance.
You can have your pocket rocket but pay you must.

To get rego you must have WOF and insurance.
For sure there would be those who would drive without anything but it immediatly escalates the penalties

scumdog
9th May 2010, 12:56
They do in the UK with a mechanism called compulsary insurance.
You can have your pocket rocket but pay you must.

To get rego you must have WOF and insurance.
For sure there would be those who would drive without anything but it immediatly escalates the penalties

Which in very short order lead to the crusher.

slofox
9th May 2010, 13:10
Mighta been the guy that blasted past me on his Duc this morning...on a road renowned for the presence of the LEO's...tempting though it was, I just waved tata's to him as he disappeared over the horizon...

oldrider
9th May 2010, 16:22
Which in very short order lead to the crusher.

Yeah but nothing has been crushed yet!

It's like telling a kid, if you do that I will smack you and then never smacking them!

If you are not going to do it, then don't say that you will, that just builds disrespect and contempt.

If she (crusher Collins) doesn't intend to crush an appropriate offender's vehicle, she shouldn't have said she would!

There is enough disrespect and contempt about today without creating any more unnecessarily! :no:

FJRider
9th May 2010, 16:31
Yeah but nothing has been crushed yet!

It's like telling a kid, if you do that I will smack you and then never smacking them!

If you are not going to do it, then don't say that you will, that just builds disrespect and contempt.

If she (crusher Collins) doesn't intend to crush an appropriate offender's vehicle, she shouldn't have said she would!

There is enough disrespect and contempt about today without creating any more unnecessarily! :no:

The crushing law is not retrospective (as I understand it ... ) so it may be a year or so before the crushing begins ... I have seen a few court cases where the defendant was warned of possible action the courts could now take ...

Be patient ... it will happen ...

Chrislost
9th May 2010, 16:47
Living on a large open corner of a resonably major road I am very happy to suppy a list to the boys in blue of morons who deserve their wankermobiles crushed.
So what if thet're all owned by finance companies? Bout time they reassessed their risk profiles and stopped letting 18yr old dickheads buy 350hp missles for a dollar down.

Id assume on by large corner you mean 200km/h plus?
Do you see many powerslides?

Maha
9th May 2010, 17:48

Not so much as 'getting away from''......A Holden caught him up!

Swoop
9th May 2010, 18:36
What a cock! Why did he stop?
Italian bike?

Two words need consideration...
Italian.
Electronics.

:rofl:

rastuscat
9th May 2010, 22:18
...............all that is missing is the will to comply and the will to enforce! :shifty:

The will to enforce? It ain't missing. Go look at all the KB threads about cops enforcing the laws and being bagged for doing so.

It's the KB way.

Toaster
11th May 2010, 13:34
They could always televise the crushings with the owners watching.... title it "The Muppet Show".

I guess the Minister of Police could be called Miss Piggy.

scooute
11th May 2010, 22:29
The stupid boy racers only make up a small percentage of riders/drivers. Chances are that it would go to a new home. Maybe you could only pay cash, not with finance, ruling out a large proportion of younger riders.

I like this idea somewhat... :blink: however not always the younger riders that are the issue though just the ones that pick the wrong moment to push their skills/lack thereof, at least then the rest of us who appreciate the ride (not so quick to attempt to wreck it, perhaps) have a chance at it instead of it going to waste at the recycling plant. Ride safe :scooter:

scooute
11th May 2010, 22:33
They could always televise the crushings with the owners watching.... title it "The Muppet Show".

I guess the Minister of Police could be called Miss Piggy.

If thats the case... then we could make a reality show out of them when they are stuck in a cell :Pokey: and call it "Muppets in a small space..." lol that'd scare the crap out of anyone else willing to sacrifice the cause!?

SMOKEU
25th May 2010, 20:35
I should start racing in a de-registerd $200 rustbucket of a car. Then I wouldn't care if it got crushed because I could just buy another $200 car.

red mermaid
26th May 2010, 05:38
And you think this is an orignial idea?

It happens all the time.

shafty
26th May 2010, 06:36
"And you think this is an orignial idea?"

- That was why he was on a Ducati...

slowpoke
26th May 2010, 07:28
Faaark....what a pack of sad, gullible, sensation seeking, shit swallowing idjits we are.

We intensely dislike any story/news that we actually have to think about, ergo the media cut life up into sensationalist 30sec media bites, and cast it beffore us like chips to a gaggle of seagulls at a picnic. By it's very nature nature it is inflammatory and usually misleading in the hope it will attract out attention. We'll then squalk and haggle over it, so that we'll still be around when they decide to peddle the latest product that you never knew you always needed.

Boy racers are just another sensation created by the media to pander to our gold fish sized attention span, and the pollies have latched onto it knowing they are a miniscule demographic that can do them no harm yet can be targeted to win the hearts and minds of the gullible public. As usual we fail to disappoint and lap it up.

I couldn't care less about the boy racer issue, as long as there are vehicles on the roads there will be folks who will use 'em inappropriately, it's just in our nature. We as motorcyclists should understand that.

But the time, effort and $$$ expended on the issue by our politicians and media incenses me, when there are much more pressing issues being ignored and that could be tackled to make a real difference to NZ.

I don't know what's more offensive, that we get fed this crap or that we swallow it.

doc
26th May 2010, 07:41
The will to enforce? It ain't missing. Go look at all the KB threads about cops enforcing the laws and being bagged for doing so.

It's the KB way.

Yep it aint the fuzz thats the problem. Its the ferkin judges .KB is like talkback radio all opinion no action

onearmedbandit
26th May 2010, 08:47

I was in the car industry for 11yrs, sold plenty of cars on finance to 18yr olds, BUT, they either required a large deposit or mum and dad's signiture. This applies to all 1st and 2nd tier lenders, and most 'dodgey' 3rd tier lenders were just a tough. No finance company wants to give an 18yr old finance on a dollar down. Interstingly enough, the 18yr olds who had saved a decent deposit were without fail smart respectable guys. However, the ones who mum and dad came in to co-sign were typically the last sort of driver I'd want to meet o the road. So who's to blame?

shafty
26th May 2010, 15:13
Interstingly enough, the 18yr olds who had saved a decent deposit were without fail smart respectable guys. However, the ones who mum and dad came in to co-sign were typically the last sort of driver I'd want to meet o the road. So who's to blame?

Yes that IS interesting - and makes sense....

onearmedbandit
26th May 2010, 16:01
Yes that IS interesting - and makes sense....

I remember one day on the yard two school children turned up, a brother and sister. The brother was 16 and driving a WRX, the sister was 15 and looking for an auto WRX. We had a couple, but I turned them down for a test drive (better safe than sorry) as I needed to stay at the yard and all my salespeople were busy. They were fine with this, saying they didn't want to drive it until Dad came down with. A couple days later they came back with Dad in tow, and long story short we signed her up with her father on the agreement. While we were sorting the finance he regaled us with stories of how his XXXX V8 (brand new) Aussie tank was putting out as much power as a V8 supercar (it was supercharged as well) and how he'd written the first one off pissed, and totaled the second in the wet. This was all in front of his kids. He was noting on about how much he made in property development (tired old story), damn his kids looked embarrassed.

To those who say, 'why would you sign up a 15yr old girl into a WRX?', I tell you why. I was in the business of selling cars, so were the 100 other dealers along Moorhouse Ave, if I didn't sell her one someone else would.

avgas
26th May 2010, 16:10
What a cock! Why did he stop? :scooter:
It was either that or rebuild the Ducati's engine, and parts would take forever to get here.
Either way he wasn't riding for the next 28 days.

avgas
26th May 2010, 16:30
That sounds great how about 1cc for every day of riding in the rain.
With the inverse happening after 40 years of age.

HenryDorsetCase
26th May 2010, 16:43
Faaark....what a pack of sad, gullible, sensation seeking, shit swallowing idjits we are.

We intensely dislike any story/news that we actually have to think about, ergo the media cut life up into sensationalist 30sec media bites, and cast it beffore us like chips to a gaggle of seagulls at a picnic. By it's very nature nature it is inflammatory and usually misleading in the hope it will attract out attention. We'll then squalk and haggle over it, so that we'll still be around when they decide to peddle the latest product that you never knew you always needed.

Boy racers are just another sensation created by the media to pander to our gold fish sized attention span, and the pollies have latched onto it knowing they are a miniscule demographic that can do them no harm yet can be targeted to win the hearts and minds of the gullible public. As usual we fail to disappoint and lap it up.

I couldn't care less about the boy racer issue, as long as there are vehicles on the roads there will be folks who will use 'em inappropriately, it's just in our nature. We as motorcyclists should understand that.

But the time, effort and $$$ expended on the issue by our politicians and media incenses me, when there are much more pressing issues being ignored and that could be tackled to make a real difference to NZ.

I don't know what's more offensive, that we get fed this crap or that we swallow it.

Lets get married!

MikeNZ
31st May 2010, 11:55
They dont have the right to do this, WHERES OUR HUMAN RIGHTS LOL.... They need to stop telling us what to do

miloking
31st May 2010, 13:36

Your post gives me hope that not all mankind is lost just yet!

But unfortunately people that are able to form their own opinions are very small minority....