PDA

View Full Version : Wet Weather Gear

Groins_NZ
23rd May 2005, 12:41
Anyone know of any good wet weather gear (overalls) and where a good place to purchase from is?

Cheers,
G_NZ

Groins_NZ
23rd May 2005, 12:43
Or are they called 'riding suits'...

sels1
23rd May 2005, 12:48
Anyone know of any good wet weather gear (overalls) and where a good place to purchase from is?

Cheers,
G_NZ

I got a good deal on RJays from TSS Motocycles in Lower Hutt but I guess its like anything, you need to go around the shops, try stuff on, and see who wants to give you the best deal.

Pwalo
23rd May 2005, 12:58
I suggest that you get around to a few shops and try some different styles of wet weather gear to see which you feel most comfortable in. Sorry that should be look best in.

Decent gear, including boots and gloves make winter riding quite pleasurable.

Are you back on the bike now?

Groins_NZ
23rd May 2005, 13:07
I suggest that you get around to a few shops and try some different styles of wet weather gear to see which you feel most comfortable in. Sorry that should be look best in.

Decent gear, including boots and gloves make winter riding quite pleasurable.

Are you back on the bike now?

Yeah my boots ('Caerne Drytech') don't stop my socks getting wet at all and I've applied some G-Wax a few times to try and stop the water coming in - no joy there. Gloves are a shocker too, although they are meant to be waterproof - yeah right!

I've been back on the bike for a week now and I feel much happier! My eye is still healing and maybe a few months before it's 100% again - I'm not quite so photophobic which is why I'm able to ride.

I found this link which I haven't read through yet...
http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/accessoriesandgear/rainsuit/

Mr Skid
23rd May 2005, 13:15
I've got a 1 piece Spyke wet weather suit. It takes a bit of time to get on and off, compared to a pants and jacket, but it's done the job well.

I got it from Colemans Suzuki, can't recall how much, but they gave me a good price.

Mad Max
23rd May 2005, 13:30
You could try the Warehouse, they are VERY cheap, less than 20 bucks for a jacket and pants. But like most stuff from teh Warehouse VERY ugly too

bear
23rd May 2005, 15:02
I got a good deal on RJays from TSS Motocycles in Lower Hutt but I guess its like anything, you need to go around the shops, try stuff on, and see who wants to give you the best deal.

Same for me, damn waterproof, but not so breathable so can get a little warm in summer. Good price though and very effective.

Lou Girardin
23rd May 2005, 15:04
There's heaps of oversuits available, Teknic, Dririder, etc. From about $90
Do you want warmth or just stay dry?

Skunk
23rd May 2005, 15:16
I used to have a suit I got from Boyles. They recently had some that fold inside themselves and clip around ya waist. Cheap too from memory... (not that that's saying much with my memory).

My boots leak a little but my feet stay warm (and that's the important bit to me).

As for gloves, I've given up on finding waterproof ones and now wear linerless leather gloves and put on a silk glove first in cold weather for warmth.

TonyB
23rd May 2005, 15:26
Hi-jacking slightly here, but Prexport boots are absolutely 100% waterproof. Yes really! And I got mine about 3 years ago from Sports Zone Suzuki in Chch for $199. Yes really!
Haven't had much luck with waterproof gloves. I just use the heated grips to keep my hands warm and soggy.

Pwalo
23rd May 2005, 15:40
Yeah my boots ('Caerne Drytech') don't stop my socks getting wet at all and I've applied some G-Wax a few times to try and stop the water coming in - no joy there. Gloves are a shocker too, although they are meant to be waterproof - yeah right!

I've been back on the bike for a week now and I feel much happier! My eye is still healing and maybe a few months before it's 100% again - I'm not quite so photophobic which is why I'm able to ride.

I found this link which I haven't read through yet...
http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/accessoriesandgear/rainsuit/

Good to hear that your eye is getting better. I wear fabric gear rather than leather. I've got a Dri Rider Nordic jacket (which I've had for almost 4 1/2 years), and Orina overtrou which are both brilliant in the wet.

I've also got a pair of Dri Rider Nordic gloves which have never leaked, and I've just got a pair of the Gaerne replacements for the Drytechs (they work so far).

Being a bit anal I make sure all my gear is clean each weekend, and usually give my boots a quick going over with nikwax (?), and give my jacket, gloves and overtrou a coat of waterproof treatment every couple of months. I REALLY like to stay dry.

Cheers

Paul

Groins_NZ
23rd May 2005, 15:56
There's heaps of oversuits available, Teknic, Dririder, etc. From about $90
Do you want warmth or just stay dry?

Just to stay dry so a thin, lightweght rainsuit would be good; I like the look of the Triumph Chevron show here
http://www.motorcyclestore.us/triumph/clothing/outerwear/paddock/

Lou Girardin
23rd May 2005, 16:07
Just to stay dry so a thin, lightweght rainsuit would be good; I like the look of the Triumph Chevron show here
http://www.motorcyclestore.us/triumph/clothing/outerwear/paddock/

We have one left at AMPS in X/Small, but they're designed to be worn over leathers so it might fit. On special @ $164.00 down from $264.00

Groins_NZ
23rd May 2005, 16:49
We have one left at AMPS in X/Small, but they're designed to be worn over leathers so it might fit. On special @ $164.00 down from $264.00

Hhhhmmmm, I'm not a big bloke but X/Small sounds a little uncomfortable (would have to fit over my Nazran pants), although hard to tell. Being that I can't try them on I'll have to decline - thanks for the heads-up though Lou, cheers!