PDA

View Full Version : Home service is going well

Sensei
15th May 2010, 22:51
Well I have been kept pretty busy the last few months with a small sideline I have started of working & tuning early Aprilia's locally for customers here , with another one finished last week then a XR250 to get going after 2ys of sitting after a motor job & never went after that . Plus today another RSV with major charging issues to sort & fix then tune & fix its exhaust system , setting up the suspension & full fluids change out . Best part most of my work has been from word of mouth from others that know of my RSVR & how it performs & looks . After watching & seeing work done on different bikes over the past years by other people I thought I can do that . So setout to do just that & by my increasing worked load I have achieve that . Below is some pics of the main charging plugs on a RSV Aprilia which I am doing now , have done this wirng modification afew times now so wasn't a surprise to see the plug melted but not quite as bad as this one , got the main damage repaired this afternoon & fired the bike up which it hasn't done on its own for a very long time so was good progress . Tomorrow is TPS , throttle body bleed sync , & injector timing tuning . Enjoying keeping myself busy & learning more about the Aprilias as I keep trying new things on mine which in turn helps me improve the other bikes I do .

mashman
15th May 2010, 22:54
looks vaguely familiar... top man Sensei...

Spuds1234
16th May 2010, 19:05
Why use the spade connectors if you were going to solder them anyway? Why not just solder the wires and heat shrink them?

Im not having a dig, Im just curious is all.

Sensei
16th May 2010, 22:04
I do this mainly for if you want to remove the REG /REC you can just desolder the connectors & replace the unit . Connectors on their own still don't have a perfect connection as they only rely on been pushed together so soldering them makes their conductivity as if they where hard wired . This has been the way I do it plus since the plug where totally melted & I had to cut it out & the damaged wire as well which ment I lost afair bit of lenght from the wire & didn't want to join a small piece of wire to bridge the gap , hence the connecters helped fill the space as well . Bike now has 13.8-14v at idle & 13.2-13.6 at 4000rpm which is where they should be to charge the battery successfully . Pic's show finished wiring & how the 2 extra power wires & 2 earth wires work into the battery system with the 30amp fuse as a safe guard against any damage .