PDA

View Full Version : Streettalk course questions

motleycbt125
16th May 2010, 11:26
hi , im set to take the streettalk defensive driving course with riderskills in auckland. i was wanting to get some info on what to expect,.. ie how hard is it,what do i have to pass etc.. and what can i do to prepare.
thanks

Old Steve
24th May 2010, 21:04
Over the weekend I did the Roadsafe novice bike skills course, subsidised by ACC and worth a 50% reduction in my retricted license time.

I can only say, "WOW!" People have got to do this course if its available in your area. A good mixture of theory and practical.

Before the course I was worried about doing a u-turn in the width of a street when it came time for my 6-R test. Now I can do a u-turn in the width of just one side of a street, in first gear, with my right hand placed on top of the tank. Slow speed handling, piece of cake.

I was uneasy about blind left hand corners before. Hey, keep your eyes on the vanishing point and the bike will take you around the corner itself. I also brought my braking distance down dramatically.

Great course. Wonderful instructors. Much recommended.

(Sorry to hi-jack your thread motleycbt125, realise this isn't the course you were asking about but just go along to listen and participate - you can only learn skills which will help your riding)