PDA

View Full Version : Str8's 1st '10 VMCC Winter Series report!

Str8 Jacket
16th May 2010, 17:47
Well, so many things happened this weekend I am hoping that this report won't be too long.... FYI, I race streetstock 150, #199.

Firstly I must thank Chrissie for WF Photography for sponsoring me for this round. I could not have done it without you! :) Secondly Malcolm for being the bestest pit bitch a chick can ask for. He even got a hair cut for the event! ;)
Lastly, all the boy's for an awesome weekedn! :D

Friday, test day:
Not liking to be too over-prepared my race bike had not been started since a new piston after the Nat's round @ Manfeild so it was not surprise to me that my bike would not start on the day. Some electrical 'issue'. So I rode Malcolm's RG for the weekend. Unlike my RG Malcolm has his power valves wired open and some very crap brakes! It turned out that having the power valves wired was good for me as I had to keep the throttle pinned.
I think that getting in alot of bucket racing has helped my confidence and cornering speed. I found my self taking the sweeper at full noise quite comfortably. Until there was so much lime I could hardly breathe, let alone see while riding into the sweeper! So I started trying to take every corner a bit faster. Was feeling pretty confident by the end of the day and had even begun trying to move off my bike a little.... Of course my day did not go *that* smoothly.... On my last outing of the day the bike ran out of petrol and I was picked up by a trailer attached to a quad. The guy got a bit to excited and soon I was dangling over the edge of the trailer ledge with my leg twisted and being crushed on it by my bike. Bloody sore and a pretty stink punishment for running out of petrol!

Qualifying:
Siting at the dummy grid the bike was idling like a crazy P freak. Once I got out on the track I realised something was wrong. Bike would not rev past 10,000 and I was being swamped by everyone. I stayed out for 2 laps just to qualify and then came in. I managed to have my wee tanty witnessed by many, doh! Anyway turned out that the wire had fallen out of the power valves and they jammed shut! Luckily an easy fix, unlucky for me I qualified 13th with a time of 1.57, double doh!

Racing:
The powervalves were sorted but the bike was jerking in high revs. I decided just to keep riding and get some points, turned out I went OK. Changed the spark plug and spark plug cable for race 2 and it was sweet.
In both my races I realised how much my bucket racing has helped me become 'race aggresive'. I was passing people in corners that I would have jammed on my brakes for last year. I had a ball in both races and felt relaxed and comfortable. Highlights for me were:

having an awesome battle with a 250 and beating her in race 1
moving off my bike (a tiny wee bit) and getting through splash and the sweeper way faster than last year
ALMOST beating Rach Price

I finished 6th in one race and 7th in another, makes me in 6th place for the series so far.

Not too bad for having qualified 13th!

Deano
16th May 2010, 17:52
Woohoo - with results like that I expect a top 5 finish this year from you Hel's, if not a podium !!

woodyracer
16th May 2010, 18:04
You were going great, keep it up.

Clivoris
16th May 2010, 18:19
Shit hot. Softly softly catchee monkee Hels. Measurable improvements each time out. You rock.

Trudes
16th May 2010, 18:22
Good shit chick!! :niceone:

chanceyy
16th May 2010, 18:27
did not see the tanty .. :nono: (must have been looking the other way .. really :gob: )

all good Hels great to see the improvements & confidence girl .. you have the most awesome pit bitch and I almost didn't recognise him with the haircut :whistle:

look forward to seeing you out there next month chick :niceone:

roadracingoldfart
16th May 2010, 18:54
I love to see a really happy racer , you were the happiest in that shed .Good for you , go get them .

Mental Trousers
16th May 2010, 20:01
Did anyone video Hels having a tanty?? That's gold haha.

Way to go Hels :niceone:

KS34
16th May 2010, 20:02
Well done Hels! great results:niceone:

roadracingoldfart
16th May 2010, 20:37

Just wait mate , there will be another one along in 10 mins :shit::blink:

Str8 Jacket
16th May 2010, 20:44
MEN! :rolleyes:

It's quite funny cause I only had 6 beers and went to bed by 9.30 (cause I wanted to feel good for racing). Unfortunately, after my lil trailer shenanagins I woke up in pain at midnight and couldn't sleep. I ended up having a codeine at 3am on Sat morn as a last resort. Washed it down with a big glass of apple juice and spent the whole morning at the track spewing and feeling like shite. Probably lucky, otherwise the tanty may have been involving a bike on the ground wuth me kicking it. Which would have led to a domestic as I was riding Malcolm's bike.... :rofl:

Mental Trousers
16th May 2010, 21:27
More importantly though, Malcolm had a haircut .....

Dutchee
16th May 2010, 23:26
Photos or it didn't happen (the haircut) :)
Well done girl :) You rock'n'roll :)

Shorty_925
17th May 2010, 10:17
Your green bike freind from Buckets might come and play with you in the 150's...might paint the bike green for the hell of it!! haha.

kit
17th May 2010, 11:02
Well Done and great write up:niceone:

Str8 Jacket
17th May 2010, 17:43
More importantly though, Malcolm had a haircut .....

Photos or it didn't happen (the haircut) :)
Well done girl :) You rock'n'roll :)

Yep, he sure did! He came home a couple of weeks with it all gone.....

Your green bike freind from Buckets might come and play with you in the 150's...might paint the bike green for the hell of it!! haha.

hehe, that'd be awesome. Streetstock has a great grid size this year, he'll have a blast! :yes:

rachprice
17th May 2010, 18:49
You are so awesome and Im gonna have to work my ass off if I dont want you beating me

Str8 Jacket
17th May 2010, 18:50
You are so awesome and Im gonna have to work my ass off if I dont want you beating me

haha, don't try to hard. It's alway's good to go slower to get faster. Dont forget that!! ;)

Billy
17th May 2010, 18:52
Well, so many things happened this weekend I am hoping that this report won't be too long.... FYI, I race streetstock 150, #199.

Firstly I must thank Chrissie for WF Photography for sponsoring me for this round. I could not have done it without you! :) Secondly Malcolm for being the bestest pit bitch a chick can ask for. He even got a hair cut for the event! ;)
Lastly, all the boy's for an awesome weekedn! :D

Friday, test day:
Not liking to be too over-prepared my race bike had not been started since a new piston after the Nat's round @ Manfeild so it was not surprise to me that my bike would not start on the day. Some electrical 'issue'. So I rode Malcolm's RG for the weekend. Unlike my RG Malcolm has his power valves wired open and some very crap brakes! It turned out that having the power valves wired was good for me as I had to keep the throttle pinned.
I think that getting in alot of bucket racing has helped my confidence and cornering speed. I found my self taking the sweeper at full noise quite comfortably. Until there was so much lime I could hardly breathe, let alone see while riding into the sweeper! So I started trying to take every corner a bit faster. Was feeling pretty confident by the end of the day and had even begun trying to move off my bike a little.... Of course my day did not go *that* smoothly.... On my last outing of the day the bike ran out of petrol and I was picked up by a trailer attached to a quad. The guy got a bit to excited and soon I was dangling over the edge of the trailer ledge with my leg twisted and being crushed on it by my bike. Bloody sore and a pretty stink punishment for running out of petrol!

Qualifying:
Siting at the dummy grid the bike was idling like a crazy P freak. Once I got out on the track I realised something was wrong. Bike would not rev past 10,000 and I was being swamped by everyone. I stayed out for 2 laps just to qualify and then came in. I managed to have my wee tanty witnessed by many, doh! Anyway turned out that the wire had fallen out of the power valves and they jammed shut! Luckily an easy fix, unlucky for me I qualified 13th with a time of 1.57, double doh!

Racing:
The powervalves were sorted but the bike was jerking in high revs. I decided just to keep riding and get some points, turned out I went OK. Changed the spark plug and spark plug cable for race 2 and it was sweet.
In both my races I realised how much my bucket racing has helped me become 'race aggresive'. I was passing people in corners that I would have jammed on my brakes for last year. I had a ball in both races and felt relaxed and comfortable. Highlights for me were:

having an awesome battle with a 250 and beating her in race 1
moving off my bike (a tiny wee bit) and getting through splash and the sweeper way faster than last year
ALMOST beating Rach Price

I finished 6th in one race and 7th in another, makes me in 6th place for the series so far.

Not too bad for having qualified 13th!

Great write up chicky,Looking good out there keep it up

Her_C4
17th May 2010, 19:09
Firstly I must thank Chrissie for WF Photography for sponsoring me for this round. I could not have done it without you! :) Cheers Hels, glad to be able to help:)

Shit hot....You rock.
Indeed

you have the most awesome pit bitch and I almost didn't recognise him with the haircut :whistle:
Me neither! he he he

Seriously Hels - way to go, from qualifying 13th up to 6th place? That is awesome:) Better watch out though, I am putting one of your fellow bucketeers out there in Streetstocks on a 150 with strict instructions to keep you in his sights!!! LOL

Str8 Jacket
17th May 2010, 19:11
Cheers Hels, glad to be able to help:)

Seriously Hels - way to go, from qualifying 13th up to 6th place? That is awesome:) Better watch out though, I am putting one of your fellow bucketeers out there in Streetstocks on a 150 with strict instructions to keep you in his sights!!! LOL

Thanks again :)

Awesome, it's great to see more and more people racing. Will kep me on my toes and hopefully make me faster! :D

SWERVE
17th May 2010, 19:29
Well done Hels. It was good to meet you and thanks for the offer of spares if we needed them. Have to say the level of riding in Streetstock has definately improved over the last time we were up there last sept. We had a blast and are currently "rattling" the piggy bank to make it back next month........................ race report too follow.

wharfy
20th May 2010, 12:35
Well Done and great write up:niceone:

I agree totally !!

scracha
20th May 2010, 22:40

Which one?

ajturbo
20th May 2010, 23:03
you deserve all the punishment matey..!!!

hahahah

well done!!!!!!
we should be seeing you beat Rach.. and maybe taking out the title???