PDA

View Full Version : Private fields & buddy lists

SpankMe
23rd May 2005, 21:02
I have set it up so that only members in your buddy list can view the private fields in your profile and vCard.

If you have set vCard for download, that means any registered member can get your email. You may not want this, but still wish to allow your buddies to download it so I have set the above poll.

SpankMe
24th May 2005, 23:12
More votes needed.

Ms Piggy
25th May 2005, 16:17
I'd like to think if someone is a 'buddy' that I'd be comfortable with them having my email address.

Hey Spank is it the same with our user notes?

C'mon people vote!

bugjuice
25th May 2005, 16:25
what are the advantages of having a buddy list? I have added a few to mine, but haven't seen any difference over normal, aside from the '+' next to their name, which I'm assuming is the buddy 'note'..
What about being able to pm your buddies in one hit, things like that...??

Also, how do you know if you're on someones list?

mikey
25th May 2005, 18:44
i dont have any buddies.

whats with lame fukn website background an colour an shit.

go back to pre 19th version. this one is lame.

Ms Piggy
25th May 2005, 18:54
what are the advantages of having a buddy list? I have added a few to mine, but haven't seen any difference over normal, aside from the '+' next to their name, which I'm assuming is the buddy 'note'..
What about being able to pm your buddies in one hit, things like that...??

Also, how do you know if you're on someones list?
If you have people on your buddy list you don't have to go to their profile everytime you PM them, you can go to "Quick Links" and 'Open Buddy List', just a bit more convinient. Not sure about the answer your other question though.

Waylander
25th May 2005, 18:57
If you have people on your buddy list you don't have to go to their profile everytime you PM them, you can go to "Quick Links" and 'Open Buddy List', just a bit more convinient. Not sure about the answer your other question though.
Why even do that when you can just click on thier name over a post and highlight "send user a PM" or such?

Edit: Haha ok just did it the way you said and yea that makes it a bit quiker.

Ms Piggy
25th May 2005, 18:57
i dont have any buddies.

whats with lame fukn website background an colour an shit.

go back to pre 19th version. this one is lame.
Read this http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=12386 you can change it back to the old version if you want though your "User CP" settings

Ms Piggy
25th May 2005, 18:59
Why even do that when you can just click on thier name over a post and highlight "send user a PM" or such?
Oh yeah I forgot that 1.

But, if someone you want to PM isn't online and you're not reading a post of theirs it saves time...for me anyway.

Skunk
25th May 2005, 19:02
Also, how do you know if you're on someones list?Yeah, I want to know if I have one. Or two even.

go back to pre 19th version. this one is lame.Have a look in your UserCP. Edit options. Near the bottom.

mikey
26th May 2005, 18:17
Read this http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=12386 you can change it back to the old version if you want though your "User CP" settings

cheers pal, your a champ. of some lame internet type champions.

Ms Piggy
26th May 2005, 18:28
cheers pal, your a champ. of some lame internet type champions.
Noooooo, I'm the Bliss Ninny :grouphug: