PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP accommodation Phillip Island?

fatman1o1
17th May 2010, 16:14
hi every one me and a mate are looking for some place to pitch our tent at the motogp this october at phillipisland and i was told to ask on here because if anyone can help i would find them on here so let me know
i was told i might be able to book a tent site
cheers
lance

BIG DOUG
17th May 2010, 20:59
Mate you can camp at the track,down by the first corner I booked when I brought my tickets a few year ago and one of the best things is you can buy firewood and have a small campfire by your tent and drink with all the pissed ozzies plus there is entertainment as well and buses run to cowes bloody good fun .

35tickets
17th May 2010, 23:59
Camping can be arranged through the Phillip Island MotoGP website. You can purchase tickets and camping passes for the event there. If you want to drive there, you can park your car in the off-site parking (approximately 100m from the camp ground with security) and walk in with all the bikers attending the event. If you go in a motorhome, then there is a separate area for them

I have been every year except this year to the superbikes and was at the Moto GP in 2002 - its an awesome experience and well worth it. The campground puts on nightly entertainment with bands and there's beer and food available on-site albeit a bit pricey. There is also a restaurant (Champions cafe) with good food at good prices. The aussies are pretty happy to chat to us kiwis and honestly its a bloody good event!!!